ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 06:34 AM   #691
Heyload
Remastered Classic
 
Heyload's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: San Antonio
Oddometer: 7,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlandr
Cheers John! This is the sort of news that we need to hear! Innovations that match USPs to KRAs!!

PS can you tell NASA?
Don't bother. NASA supplied the technology in the first place...well, after they reverse-engineered it from the UFO they got from the Roswell crash site. Funny story, there: Seem's the "aliens" in the Roswell incident were from our own future and had used a wormhole to travel back to pick up a Tiger 800 because is was just so far advanced over what they had. Unfortunately, they hit a spatial distortion and ended up crashing in New Mexico back in the '40's....and now Triumph is using the technology from that crashed UFO to build the Tiger 800, which will in turn cause a sudden increase in mankind's technological advancements, which will in turn lead to the technology that will allow time travel, which will allow the future "aliens" to travel back and crash in Roswell, which.....well, you get the idea.

No really, it's true. Just ask the Iron Mountain Dwarves, they'll tell you.
Heyload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:42 AM   #692
John Ashman
Adventurer Wannabe
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Viejo Mexico
Oddometer: 1,112
The problem is that BMW is now putting someone in a cryogenic chamber to stop the aliens from coming back in time to steal the Tiger, which accidentally creates the Tiger, so by now, he must be attempting to damage their time travel device. Which is actually caused them to miss their mark, land in Roswell and accidentally create the Tiger in the first place.

I'm afraid, General, we have a situation with multiple interlaced time loops.
John Ashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:32 AM   #693
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.
 
Mista Vern's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Oddometer: 15,422
I've been to the Roswell crash site and it was an ethereal experience. My Chi got all messed up due to what I assuming were discordant invisible lines of flux. Now I am beginning to understand why.
__________________
-
"The turd follows the fart as surely as the rain follows the plow."

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #694
muskieken
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Buffalo NY
Oddometer: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsatdm
The color pic is better than mine. Why do I feel a plumber is involved in the assembly? Stolen from Cycle World

looking at this picture, that is not a lot of ground clearance the center stand is hanging lower then the rear sprocket.
the skid-plate is lower the the front rotor
__________________
crf230l
st1300
muskieken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:39 AM   #695
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.
 
Mista Vern's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Oddometer: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskieken
looking at this picture, that is not a lot of ground clearance the center stand is hanging lower then the rear sprocket.
the skid-plate is lower the the front rotor
The force fields handle any ground clearance problems.
__________________
-
"The turd follows the fart as surely as the rain follows the plow."

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #696
mr moto
Studly Adventurer
 
mr moto's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Praha Czech Republic
Oddometer: 592
Does it come with a bullshit deflector ? Reading this thread it needs one !
mr moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:50 AM   #697
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.
 
Mista Vern's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Oddometer: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr moto
Does it come with a bullshit deflector ? Reading this thread it needs one !
I'll have know that all information here comes from good authority and no one has been able to disprove anything written thus far about the new Triumph Tiger 800 DS.
__________________
-
"The turd follows the fart as surely as the rain follows the plow."

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #698
Pcfly
Dude?! Seriously??
 
Pcfly's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: SF. Bay Area
Oddometer: 1,011
UMMM.........anybody from the last Triumph 800 thread, the Jo Mamma boys, happen to know where I can find the "Triumph Product Roll-out Map". You know, the map of the bikes they'll add and refresh over the next couple of years? I've been going through the last thread but ca't seem to find it anymore?!

BTW....Nice beak, headlights and windscreen on the New Tiger. STAY ON TOPTIC.......STAY ON TOPIC........
__________________
2011 Husqvarna TE-630 The Red Raptor
2012 Yamaha 50th Anniversary Badass-Sounding R1
2008 BMW 1200GS The Blue Rhino (SOLD)
Pcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:17 AM   #699
overlandr
Dystopist
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney
Oddometer: 5,820
I like the way you boys are taking this remaining thread so seriously. Carry on...
overlandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #700
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.
 
Mista Vern's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Oddometer: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlandr
I like the way you boys are taking this remaining thread so seriously. Carry on...
We do what we can. Thanks.
__________________
-
"The turd follows the fart as surely as the rain follows the plow."

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:36 AM   #701
Heyload
Remastered Classic
 
Heyload's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: San Antonio
Oddometer: 7,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlandr
I like the way you boys are taking this remaining thread so seriously. Carry on...
Our ultimate goal is to make The Tiger sound so awesome, that it will be a huge disappointment when it doesn't live up to the hype, won't sell and be deeply discounted...at which point we swoop in, buy them all up and corner the market on what will still be a really awesome bike. We will then become the kings of e-bay, auctioning them off one by one and feathering our retirement nests, then spend the rest of our lives traveling the world on our Tigers.

Other than having to split the profits with the dwarves, it's foolproof.
Heyload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #702
John Ashman
Adventurer Wannabe
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Viejo Mexico
Oddometer: 1,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskieken
looking at this picture, that is not a lot of ground clearance the center stand is hanging lower then the rear sprocket.
the skid-plate is lower the the front rotor
1. Visual perspective says it's about an inch or so higher than it looks.

2. If you put in a second anti-gravity plate under the big fat guy, the cost would skyrocket.
John Ashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #703
John Ashman
Adventurer Wannabe
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Viejo Mexico
Oddometer: 1,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyload
Our ultimate goal is to make The Tiger sound so awesome, that it will be a huge disappointment when it doesn't live up to the hype, won't sell and be deeply discounted...at which point we swoop in, buy them all up and corner the market on what will still be a really awesome bike. We will then become the kings of e-bay, auctioning them off one by one and feathering our retirement nests, then spend the rest of our lives traveling the world on our Tigers.

Other than having to split the profits with the dwarves, it's foolproof.
I have contracted with the time travelers to buy a 2011 leftover in 2013 for half price and deliver it to me in a few months. Even better? No inspections or licensing until 2015. Anybody want to go for a group buy?
John Ashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #704
ganze
apocalyptic defender
 
ganze's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: texas
Oddometer: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ashman
The problem is that BMW is now putting someone in a cryogenic chamber to stop the aliens from coming back in time to steal the Tiger, which accidentally creates the Tiger, so by now, he must be attempting to damage their time travel device. Which is actually caused them to miss their mark, land in Roswell and accidentally create the Tiger in the first place.

I'm afraid, General, we have a situation with multiple interlaced time loops.


That is where they got the timeless myth related in the Terminator series! I knew it! Multiple, interposed time loops is no big deal for this machine. It creates reality.


And the "bullshit" in this thread is more accurate than any of the vapid speculation that ruins other threads and will creep into and ruin this one if we are not faithful to the tiger's wishes.
__________________
Supermoto bikes exist so that 40 year old men who know better can act like total assholes.
ganze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #705
Butters
. . . . . .
 
Butters's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: NoVA
Oddometer: 2,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyload
Don't bother. NASA supplied the technology in the first place...well, after they reverse-engineered it from the UFO they got from the Roswell crash site. Funny story, there: Seem's the "aliens" in the Roswell incident were from our own future and had used a wormhole to travel back to pick up a Tiger 800 because is was just so far advanced over what they had. Unfortunately, they hit a spatial distortion and ended up crashing in New Mexico back in the '40's....and now Triumph is using the technology from that crashed UFO to build the Tiger 800, which will in turn cause a sudden increase in mankind's technological advancements, which will in turn lead to the technology that will allow time travel, which will allow the future "aliens" to travel back and crash in Roswell, which.....well, you get the idea.

No really, it's true. Just ask the Iron Mountain Dwarves, they'll tell you.
You see now, this is the bulls*** in this thread we are talking about. It shows your utter lack of any knowledge of Quantum Mechanics or Tiger specifications. Clearly, the Aliens wouldn't use a wormhole to travel back in time to get a Tiger. They would simply ride a Tiger back in time, since it has time traveling capability, stuff several dozen Tigers into the included infinite space(TM) panniers, gas up, and travel back to the future. Why would you waste our time making up such a lame ass, unbelievable story? This thread is about the new Tiger, after all. Even a buffoon knows most of the standard features:

Time Travel
Infinite space Panniers (including your own personal dwarf sherpa)
5 up capability
Espresso maker
Arrives pre-titled and already Incorporated
37 gallon tank
Jack-u-tron 3000 Rider Comfort Device (don't ask)
and so on.
Now let's keep this thread on point and stop filling it with BS.
__________________
Marc
07 XChallenge
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014