ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > The British Invasion: Triumph Tigers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 01:18 PM   #8056
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams
 
Adv Grifter's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Passing ADV Stalkers in California
Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraADV View Post
We keep pushing the bike and it keep's taking us where we want to go. Pictures (GoPro or Drift HD video snap shots) from our ride on Saturday:





Flying down the trail:
Wow! Nasty stuff! Some rough country for the Tiger!
Where were you riding? Mendo forest? Cow Mountain? Some pretty steep downhills there! How the Tiger do there with street tires? I wouldn't go near those conditions without knobbies!
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #8057
Burninator
Zed's dead
 
Burninator's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Eugene, OR
Oddometer: 302
Stalling Fix

Just ran across this on another thread:

http://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,1083.465.html, post number 474

It appears that Triumph has finally issued an official fix for the stalling problem. The fix involves a software upgrade and nothing else. Based on another poster's comments, the software upgrade may address a measured voltage drop to the stepper motor that occurs under certain conditions. Additionally, Triumph is allegedly in the process of sending letters to owners to notify them of the software fix for this known issue.

All of the previous information was gleaned from posts within tiger800.co.uk, so take this information for what it's worth.

Hopefully, this will be the magic bullet that ends this damn stalling issue!
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #8058
soph9
Bike Addict
 
soph9's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC Canada
Oddometer: 2,303
we are still waiting to hear about the "fix".
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #8059
Xcountry-Rider
Banned
 
Xcountry-Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Pine Valley, California (San Diego County)
Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraADV View Post
We keep pushing the bike and it keep's taking us where we want to go. Pictures (GoPro or Drift HD video snap shots) from our ride on Saturday:








Flying down the trail:
Your cool points recently skyrocketed Can we see the video?
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #8060
richd12
n00b
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Oddometer: 2
Pissed tiger 800 stalls when clutch is depressed

I've had the tiger about 2 months now and will be bringing it back for the 4th time for this problem. when the engine is hot and your coming to a stop, or just down shifting, the engine stalls. this is not stalling the bike from a start. I've spoken to triumph on the phone and they act like this is the only one they have heard of with this problem. Since they are close to Atlanta I suggested that they have one of the engineers on the project drive around during rush hour, then they would soon understand the problem. Anyway has anyone had this problem solved?
richd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #8061
richd12
n00b
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Oddometer: 2
oops

please disregard my last post apparently i didn't read them all and there is a fix in. thank god i really love this bike with that one exception
richd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #8062
jimjim
Just another FF!
 
jimjim's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: oHIo
Oddometer: 1,636
No more forward seat slope for me.

jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #8063
JediJitsu
Adventurer
 
JediJitsu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Oddometer: 56
Hello everyone, I've seen "2nd generation" talk here and there. Does anyone have an idea when their will be a 2nd generation? Is it possible that the next model year will be an improved version?
JediJitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #8064
soph9
Bike Addict
 
soph9's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC Canada
Oddometer: 2,303
Stalling Fix

Quote:
I just finished talking to my dealer about what was posted about the "fix" with the newest map. He called Triumph U.K. and was told this latest map is not the so called fix as has been told to other owners. He said that each dealer has access to a certain area on Triumphs dealer site where the stalling fix will be notated as soon as one is found. At least according to him one has not been found yet. I hope he is wrong and the fix is ready. My dealer did tell me to come on down an install the latest map. Cheers
From the same source the UK Tiger forum...like I said we have not heard of any permanent fix but we are expecting a call tomorrow maybe with some news.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #8065
iddy
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: castaic ca.
Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
No more forward seat slope for me.

hey you can't just leave it at that we need a full report. How much, where from, How many hours can you stand and where can we get one just like it. Is it a rebuild or new seat? Did you try the Triumph gel seat before and is this improvement you know all the usual information.
iddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:08 AM   #8066
SierraADV
Adventurer
 
SierraADV's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: SF Bay Area (Peninsula)
Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
Wow! Nasty stuff! Some rough country for the Tiger!
Where were you riding? Mendo forest? Cow Mountain? Some pretty steep downhills there! How the Tiger do there with street tires? I wouldn't go near those conditions without knobbies!
We were down in Clear Creek, too bad that place closed down. We stayed on all the 'legal' dirt roads.

The tires actually did okay on the off-road terrain. We jam on the paved roads, so we're looking for a slightly more aggressive tire for the dirt, with out losing traction on the pavement.
__________________
'12 Triumph Tiger XC 800
'09 Honda CRF450R
SierraADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:26 AM   #8067
woodys3b
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Southwest Michigan
Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by iddy View Post
hey you can't just leave it at that we need a full report. How much, where from, How many hours can you stand and where can we get one just like it. Is it a rebuild or new seat? Did you try the Triumph gel seat before and is this improvement you know all the usual information.
+1

Looks like this seat might be taller and set you back more as well. Is that the case?
woodys3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:45 AM   #8068
fbj913
I ride
 
fbj913's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KC MO
Oddometer: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by richd12 View Post
I've had the tiger about 2 months now and will be bringing it back for the 4th time for this problem. when the engine is hot and your coming to a stop, or just down shifting, the engine stalls. this is not stalling the bike from a start. I've spoken to triumph on the phone and they act like this is the only one they have heard of with this problem. Since they are close to Atlanta I suggested that they have one of the engineers on the project drive around during rush hour, then they would soon understand the problem. Anyway has anyone had this problem solved?
Yes this topic has been discussed for months now. Do a search and you will find lots of info. Or just go back a couple pages if you want an abbreviated version.
fbj913 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:05 AM   #8069
The Jerk
Bring us some fresh wine!
 
The Jerk's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Oddometer: 2,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediJitsu View Post
Hello everyone, I've seen "2nd generation" talk here and there. Does anyone have an idea when their will be a 2nd generation? Is it possible that the next model year will be an improved version?
2nd generation? It just came out. Probably won't see a gen 2 version for a few years. The Tiger 1050 came out for the 2007 model year and it's still gen 1.
__________________
2000 Kawasaki W650
The Jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #8070
ElNorto
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodys3b View Post
+1

Looks like this seat might be taller and set you back more as well. Is that the case?
I am trying to build something similar. I can tell that seat will put you forward a bit because of the lip at the back. I am trying to build a flatter seat that can mate with the passenger section when the front is in the high position so I can slide back and forth on the highway. I figure I can put the seat in the low position when riding off road to make it easier to put a foot down.
I'd like to know where to get one of those though in case my home made effort doesn't work.
ElNorto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014