Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2011, 06:45 AM   #8101
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by richd12 View Post
I've had the tiger about 2 months now and will be bringing it back for the 4th time for this problem. when the engine is hot and your coming to a stop, or just down shifting, the engine stalls. this is not stalling the bike from a start. I've spoken to triumph on the phone and they act like this is the only one they have heard of with this problem. Since they are close to Atlanta I suggested that they have one of the engineers on the project drive around during rush hour, then they would soon understand the problem. Anyway has anyone had this problem solved?
Yes this topic has been discussed for months now. Do a search and you will find lots of info. Or just go back a couple pages if you want an abbreviated version.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:05 AM   #8102
The Jerk
Bring us some fresh wine!

Oddometer: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediJitsu View Post
Hello everyone, I've seen "2nd generation" talk here and there. Does anyone have an idea when their will be a 2nd generation? Is it possible that the next model year will be an improved version?
2nd generation? It just came out. Probably won't see a gen 2 version for a few years. The Tiger 1050 came out for the 2007 model year and it's still gen 1.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #8103
ElNorto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodys3b View Post
+1

Looks like this seat might be taller and set you back more as well. Is that the case?
I am trying to build something similar. I can tell that seat will put you forward a bit because of the lip at the back. I am trying to build a flatter seat that can mate with the passenger section when the front is in the high position so I can slide back and forth on the highway. I figure I can put the seat in the low position when riding off road to make it easier to put a foot down.
I'd like to know where to get one of those though in case my home made effort doesn't work.
ElNorto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:59 AM   #8104
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
Might I suggest one of these...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ake-Saver.aspx

PS Glad you didn't end up in the river!

Quote:
Originally Posted by offtheback View Post
Might I suggest you make one for yourself.
Bit like this you mean? This is the Touratrash lever.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:05 AM   #8105
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jerk View Post
2nd generation? It just came out. Probably won't see a gen 2 version for a few years. The Tiger 1050 came out for the 2007 model year and it's still gen 1.
I agree.
They might make some small changes year by year but if you're expecting bolt on subframes and the like you've got to be looking at 2014/5 IMO at which time it'll probably be bored out to 850cc to compete with the new Husqvarna 900ADV due in a year or so.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #8106
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraADV View Post
we're looking for a slightly more aggressive tire for the dirt, with out losing traction on the pavement.
Some of these will do you.

Heidenau K60 Scouts. They haven't slowed me one bit on the roads (psi=30F/36R) they steer nice and neutral and off road (psi=20F/25R) they're pretty good for a 50/50 tyre. AND, the ADVgrrls got over 8500 miles on a set during their Alaska trip.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #8107
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by iddy View Post
hey you can't just leave it at that we need a full report. How much, where from, How many hours can you stand and where can we get one just like it. Is it a rebuild or new seat? Did you try the Triumph gel seat before and is this improvement you know all the usual information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodys3b View Post
+1
Looks like this seat might be taller and set you back more as well. Is that the case?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElNorto View Post
I am trying to build something similar. I can tell that seat will put you forward a bit because of the lip at the back. I am trying to build a flatter seat that can mate with the passenger section when the front is in the high position so I can slide back and forth on the highway. I figure I can put the seat in the low position when riding off road to make it easier to put a foot down.
I'd like to know where to get one of those though in case my home made effort doesn't work.
I just received the seat yesterday and haven't had a chance to ride yet because I'm in the middle of my fog light installation and Triumph decided to ship 2 left hand brackets instead of a LH & RH bracket.

My seat was modified by Baldwin Motorbike Saddles out of Kansas, Loren does great work. He modified my Versys seat and I could ride that bike all day long with little to no butt pain.

I did not try the Triumph gel seat.

Loren will do about whatever you want. I wanted to try more of the saddle shape figuring the more contact with the butt the better to distribute load. I went with the memory foam with a gel insert and then just had him recover the pillion to match the rider seat. They are expensive so I'm sure they are not for everyone, $450!!! Time will tell as far as comfort but I expect it to be as good as or better than my Versys seat.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #8108
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,303
Fwiw

soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:10 PM   #8109
SierraADV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
Some of these will do you.

Heidenau K60 Scouts. They haven't slowed me one bit on the roads (psi=30F/36R) they steer nice and neutral and off road (psi=20F/25R) they're pretty good for a 50/50 tyre. AND, the ADVgrrls got over 8500 miles on a set during their Alaska trip.
Thanks... I've been reading up on those, they seem to be a great tire.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #8110
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,646
Quote:
I have some on my wee-strom. Does your front tire whine like crazy above 55mph? The newer ones have a bit different tread design....and on the rear it's less aggressive, but the front is very similar.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #8111
wilfred
juvenile delinquent

Oddometer: 911
Quote:

I have a set on my 01 GS, so far so good.

semper-fi
wilfred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #8112
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,303
New Info About the Stalling

Owner's should contact their Triumph dealer in reference to Service Bulletin 431 and make an appointment to have the new download installed ASAP.

Straight from Triumph which was released today to the Global dealer Network.

We know nothing else but thought it would be useful to pass this info along.

Good luck to all of your who have been experiencing what we did on our trip. Hope this new download works!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #8113
helotaxi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380

My new '11 XC in the mountains above Alamogordo, NM on Sunday. I rode some pretty gnarly roads through the mountains in the background on Saturday in the rain and mud. Didn't feel like stopping in the rain to take pics on that particular ride. Bike has done great so far.
helotaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #8114
Deano955
Insatiable

Oddometer: 3,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
Owner's should contact their Triumph dealer in reference to Service Bulletin 431 and make an appointment to have the new download installed ASAP.

Straight from Triumph which was released today to the Global dealer Network.

We know nothing else but thought it would be useful to pass this info along.

Good luck to all of your who have been experiencing what we did on our trip. Hope this new download works!
Thanks for posting. Good to know (since neither my dealer nor the Triumph Customer Relations Manager that I've been bitching to have anything to say about this) . I'll make some calls tomorrow.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #8115
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Who's the troll?

Can some of you if you have time check out this thread and tell me if I'm the one out of line.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1#post16698538
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote