Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #8791
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Stu View Post
Can an owner please check for me if the Tiger 800 XC has a 50 state emissions sticker?

Thanks
CA Stu

Ive never seen such a sticker. I thought they had to produce everthing the same now if shipped from accross the pond.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #8792
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 48,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
Ive never seen such a sticker. I thought they had to produce everthing the same now if shipped from accross the pond.
You may be right!

I've googled a bunch of different combinations of "Triumph, emissions, Tiger 800", etc. and got nowhere.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #8793
CA Stu
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by booth99 View Post
Here is the sticker from my XC purchased in WA and the sticker from my klx 250 purchased in CA. They don't specify.

Thanks so much for checking, I do appreciate it.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #8794
CA Stu
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcountry-Rider View Post
I just called Triumph customer service (678) 854-2010, ext 2064 and the lady said that all triumph motorcycles including the 800XC from 2011 to present are all 50 state rated for emissions.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:39 PM   #8795
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,423
I am ready to pull the trigger on a Scorpion carbon fiber slip on. Only problem, can't find anybody selling them. It is listed on Scorpion's site that they are making it.

Anybody know?
Thanks,
Tom

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #8796
forkt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Manufacturer?

Quote:
I expect a big chunk ot the WABDR to be without cell phone reception making the bluetooth headset worthless for a larger group. With the radio helemt option the transmit button is on the left handlebar. You just push it with your index finger and talk. Everyone in your group can then hear you in there helmets. The headset is 30 bucks and the range depends on the individual radio and antennae.
Who makes this group radio headset? how many riders can talk at the same time? I currently use the F4 and although the volume is good the number of units that can talk to each other is only 2..
forkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #8797
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Happy Trails just confirmed with me that there panniers are made right in Idaho and since its welded aluminium and not rivted they are cheaper and tougher than the Chinese made knock offs of the BMW panniers available from Pak-Miester. I'll have to wait until the end of the year before i have that much cash to drop but it looks like i'll go with the bare aluminum Qwyhee panniers from happy Trails. I like the bare aluminum look over the powder coat. Now to find a liner bag i can pull out with my stuff. I don't like the individual package bags from happy Trails. I just want one bag to pull out to take into the hotel or at camp.
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #8798
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkt View Post
Who makes this group radio headset? how many riders can talk at the same time? I currently use the F4 and although the volume is good the number of units that can talk to each other is only 2..
You can get a head set that works with the Midland radios or compatible radios for 30 bucks. The rider group is unlimited because it just broadcasts over the radio channel or frequency. Make sure you check the specs of the radio and how much audio is pushed out of the head set jack to make sure you can hear it over the wind and engine noise, With FRS/GMRS radios the more you spend the better the radio. Go for a radio combo that is at least 70 bucks. I'm going to go with a radio called the Wouxon KG UV3D. Its a ham radio but a hack is avialable online to unlock the radio to the full freq range. I'm then going to enter the GMRS freqs and use it that way verse the ham freqs, You could also use the midland headsets with a midland CB radio for motorcycles. http://www.motorcycle-communications...-MDCB-822.html The CB option would probably give you a better range in the mountains because the frequency range of CB radios tends to do better in rough terrain.

Heres a link to the midland headsets from Amazon for 30 bucks. http://www.amazon.com/Midland-AVPH2-.../dp/B000CMGJ0G
Old 10-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #8799
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,700
Quote:
Happy Trails just confirmed with me that there panniers are made right in Idaho and since its welded aluminium and not rivted they are cheaper and tougher than the Chinese made knock offs of the BMW panniers available from Pak-Miester. I'll have to wait until the end of the year before i have that much cash to drop but it looks like i'll go with the bare aluminum Qwyhee panniers from happy Trails. I like the bare aluminum look over the powder coat. Now to find a liner bag i can pull out with my stuff. I don't like the individual package bags from happy Trails. I just want one bag to pull out to take into the hotel or at camp.
Not fancy but I just used a re-usable shopping bag on our most recent trip. I typically like to use the round stuff sacks and I can get 4-5 of those in a side case. As long as I keep organized I can just grab one or two and head into the room. One big bag is fine when you start and everything's clean but when you start to have half dirty clothes and half clean it's easier in separate bags.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:43 PM   #8800
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,396
Quote:
on that note. i know its been talked about but im not really sure who all uses them. whos using the happy trails panniers? how well are they holding up? Im not sold on the looks but the price is saweet!
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #8801
forkt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Radios

@Xcountry-Rider

Thanks for the heads up, great advice and certainly worth a go. Our small group has been looking for an alternate to the BT headset options, this sounds like it will cover the gap we currently have.

Cheers
forkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #8802
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Quote:
@Xcountry-Rider

Thanks for the heads up, great advice and certainly worth a go. Our small group has been looking for an alternate to the BT headset options, this sounds like it will cover the gap we currently have.

Cheers
The sound output is the key because above 60 MPH my cheap FRS/GMRS Midland radio is useless because i can't hear it above the helmet noise. Below 50MPH and it works great. So buy a higher quality radio that puts out more audio from the jack. Also correction to my post the CB radios will not give you a better range with the GMRS handhelds.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #8803
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Quote:
@Xcountry-Rider

Cheers
Here's a link to a blog of a dual sport rider useing the Wouxun radio http://dcasler.com/2011/09/09/wouxun...s-works-great/ with a comms signal called APRS. That requires a ham license of course. using it on the GMRS freqs technically requires a 75 dollar license to use those freqs. iIs not enforced and thousands if not millions of those FRS/GMRS radios sold at wallyworld are being used without that license. The benefit of the Wouxun radio on the GMRS freqs it that you can change out the antennae. If not everyone can shell out the 120 for the Wouuxun they can still make a trip to walmart for a GMRS radio and still play as long as they buy the 30 dollar headset from Midland. The Midland headset only works with radios that use the separate jack for mic and speaker. Not all FRS/GMRS radios have the same 2 jack for mic and speaker so make sure the particular radio you buy is compatible.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #8804
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Stu View Post
Jeez, I'm not sure. I would guess steering head?

I don't know if it would specify "49 state legal" or what.

There are a couple of Tigers for sale out of state but within reasonable fly-n-ride distance, wanna make sure I could bring one back home and register it without too much drama.
I'll look mine over tomorrow and see if I can figure it out.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #8805
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,568
Has anybody done a custom seat yet? I had a Bill Mayer on my GS. It was great.