Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2011, 11:33 AM   #9031
bigtallguy
Sasquatch Jr.

Oddometer: 254
Progressive quoted me $87/month, double what I pay for the FJR, and Nationwide said $122/month. I figure it's newer and worth more so the premiums reflect that.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:33 AM   #9032
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
I'm with Allstate, and mine went up to. I'm not too happy about that.
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #9033
turboICE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
I got my redesigned AltRider side stand foot today. It's cut way down from the original design; the outer "toe" that is angled up in the site photos is completely gone now. The bottom piece has been cut way back also, so that it really does not extend further out than the side stand itself. It makes sense, as that is the portion that would have contacted any center stand when the side stand is retracted.

However, it is apparent to me that AltRider did not run a new batch of feet, but instead cut down the ones they had on hand. I can tell from my pieces that they were cut down. In addition, the upper piece has angles to grip the side stand foot; on the one shipped to me they don't do a very good job of being precise in their placement or angle. If I had to do it again I probably would not opt for one as it looks like rather a homemade bodge than a $45 piece of kit.
Same. Got my replacement today and am very disappointed. It was my first and now my last purchase from AltRider. This hacked up part is not close to what I was intending to purchase, I wanted the large footprint they originally sold me.
turboICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #9034
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
Anyone with a Roadie version and Progressive insurance?

My insurance just took a huge hike on the change over to this bike.... insurance agent said the bike is classified under "street sport" at Progressive. Premium increased 50% over a previous GS1150 that I had

I'm going to fight it, or move companies, but wondering if anyone else has this problem?
Why would anyone support Progressive Insurance? They are one of the key players in using electronic monitoring of customer vehicles. They install a little box in your car/bike which keeps track of your "driving habits" , this, they say, all in an effort "To save you money"! What a pant load.

Progressive? Fuck Flo and the whole company! If every rider in the USA and Canada gave the Progressive the boot ... this could discourage all the other waiting to implement these intrusive and legally questionable practices.

PS : I've had very good luck with National General (Rider plan).
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #9035
motosickle2000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
If you are unhappy, you should ask for a refund. I don't blame you for expecting the part to look similar to the picture they have on their website. They need to update their webpage to show the new design. It also looks like their rework is a hack job.

Triumph put the centerstand and the side stand very close together and it looks impossible to put a large extension on the end of the sidestand without it interfering with the centerstand.

I am going to purchase one anyway since it is relatively cheap and I don't see any better alternatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboICE View Post
Same. Got my replacement today and am very disappointed. It was my first and now my last purchase from AltRider. This hacked up part is not close to what I was intending to purchase, I wanted the large footprint they originally sold me.
motosickle2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #9036
Jblk9695
AKA-Crazy Old Man

Oddometer: 242
Quote:

My insurance just took a huge hike on the change over to this bike.... insurance agent said the bike is classified under "street sport" at Progressive. Premium increased 50% over a previous GS1150 that I had .

I'm going to fight it, or move companies, but wondering if anyone else has this problem?
Same here, Progressive wanted to get in my pants and not in a good way so I went with Geico and pay $350.00/year, until they find out about my performance reward Probably still won't be anywhere near what Pro wanted

Jerry
Old 10-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #9037
bigtallguy
Sasquatch Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
Why would anyone support Progressive Insurance? They are one of the key players in using electronic monitoring of customer vehicles. They install a little box in your car/bike which keeps track of your "driving habits" , this, they say, all in an effort "To save you money"! What a pant load.

Progressive? Fuck Flo and the whole company! If every rider in the USA and Canada gave the Progressive the boot ... this could discourage all the other waiting to implement these intrusive and legally questionable practices.

PS : I've had very good luck with National General (Rider plan).

Not that I really care, but the little device they use to track driving habits is installed by the customer who wants the discount, and can be removed at any time, and only needs to be in place for something like 3 or 6 months. I don't see the conspiracy in that, but that's just me.

To get back on topic, I test rode a XC in orange today and found it to be a pretty sweet machine Planning to pick it up Monday
Old 10-15-2011, 09:52 PM   #9038
flkovacs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Quote:

My insurance just took a huge hike on the change over to this bike.... insurance agent said the bike is classified under "street sport" at Progressive. Premium increased 50% over a previous GS1150 that I had .

hmm are they also based on 'cc' of the bike?
i think i'm paying ~$120/year for my 805cc bike, no collision.
ferenc
flkovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:29 AM   #9039
shunpiker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Nationwide is ok. 390 yr, full coverage for old man. 1000 deductible.
shunpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:49 AM   #9040
3Putt
Is that a gimmie?

Oddometer: 593
I use State Farm, insurance on my XC runs $327 a year. That's only $2 more than I was paying for my 2009 RT. Of course I'm old and have been with SF since I was 16.

2014 Super Tenere
3Putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:45 AM   #9041
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtallguy View Post

To get back on topic, I test rode a XC in orange today and found it to be a pretty sweet machine Planning to pick it up Monday
Are you buying it from Capitol Sports? Wayne is very good people. I bought the first one he sold. Congrats! Tell him Rob said hey.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:25 AM   #9042
bigtallguy
Sasquatch Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
Are you buying it from Capitol Sports? Wayne is very good people. I bought the first one he sold. Congrats! Tell him Rob said hey.
Yep, first time working with him but he does seem to be a good guy. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #9043
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by av_mech View Post
That's a great setup. The HT SU racks have held up great to the 30+ times I've crashed/dropped the bike. They offer great protection for the pipe. Plus, they hold the bike off the ground a bit and makes it a LITTLE easier to pick up.
glad to hear its a good set up! I should get them on Wednesday. They could have shipped the stuff a little quicker though...
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:12 PM   #9044
slobinski
Inept adventurer

Oddometer: 392
I feel your pain. Mine were ordered on the 13th. Still no confirmation of ship date. If they don't show this week I may cancel the order and look elsewhere.
slobinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #9045
markbvt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Putt View Post
I use State Farm, insurance on my XC runs $327 a year. That's only $2 more than I was paying for my 2009 RT. Of course I'm old and have been with SF since I was 16.
Interesting. Also State Farm here, and I've also been with them since I was 16, though I'm only 41 at this point, and they're charging me a little under $250/yr full-coverage for my XC.

Of course, I live in Vermont, and have never had a claim filed on my policy, so I'm sure there are substantial discounts that account for the difference.

--mark

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 30-June 1, 2014
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote