Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #9061
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET-VT View Post
I don't get it. That's the official Triumph optional-extra guard for the MSRP. Why not get it from the dealer you got the bike from and save on shipping? Or are they one of those things that's hard for dealers to get?
I didn't get it either.

BTW, for those of you purchasing genuine Triumph accessories based upon price alone, www.madss.com usually offers a substantial discount and free shipping over $40. They offer that same sump guard for $169.99

http://www.madss.com/eshopprod_cat_7...Sump_Guard.htm
Old 10-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #9062
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcountry-Rider View Post
I hope hes got a video camera.
Well, I made the trip back to AZ from Denver. 851 miles and I didn't go over Engineers Pass this time, but when I was heading to South Fork and seen the Lake City turn off it was on my mind. The bike ran like a dream, no issues and the Wolfman Luggage system was awesome. I will get a RR together over the next few days and post a couple of photos

What a fun ride it was.....
Old 10-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #9063
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,400
My dealer has 0 Tiger 800 accessories. I am sure they could get them. Wish I would have seen the madss site sooner.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #9064
when the road bends
hello

Oddometer: 464
Hey folks check your handguard / bar end weight bolts! I got home from a long highway ride in the evening, and the left side one fell out, taking the weight and washer with it.

Triumph warranty covered it.

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
when the road bends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #9065
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 18,606
who has ADVd the T800 (not the XC) and how does it do off-road? i'm comparing the 2012 strom to the T800.

i understand it's lower, but how do the cast wheels hold up to off-road terrain? seems most all of the XC protection plates/bars will fit the 800 too.
wheels are tubeless correct? what about fitting a 110-19" ADV tire up front vrs the stock 100-19"? is there a fender clearance issue?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #9066
hughhalf
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thumb A roadie with a beak indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
I think it's a roadie with a beak isn't it ?
Yes, it is indeed a roadie with the beak - to my eyes looked a little unfinished otherwise.

The small placard down by the rear wheel is a registration label, a temporary one in this case - Oz equivalent of a tax disc as someone rightly pointed out.

Cheers,
Hugh
hughhalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #9067
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Oddometer: 912
A video on how Triumph makes a motorcycle.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/1274/M...les-Video.aspx
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:12 AM   #9068
crazyman
Exiled to the swamp

Oddometer: 1,141
My bad. I thought that was an 800XC with the mag wheels.

Forgive me, I wear tri-focals and have a small monitor on my computer
Old 10-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #9069
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcountry-Rider View Post
A video on how Triumph makes a motorcycle.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/1274/M...les-Video.aspx
Great little video. Of interest to me as I've been to the factory ... but years ago. Interested that the guy said some motor parts now being produced in Thailand. Also ... when they talked about motor parts coming in from "outside sources" they never mentioned Japan. When I was there they said all engine internals come from ART of Japan. But perhaps now other items being made in Thailand.

I had stated before that Paint and injection molding plastic was to be moved to Thailand. This is what Triumph folks told me at the time. But the video showed painting still being done in UK. Not sure about ABS plastic moulding. It's very polluting ... and that was the reason stated as to why BOTH would be taken to Thailand.

The video shows things to be about 10 times busier with lots more bikes on the line from when I was there in 2003. Another world now. The other good news is NO jobs lost at Triumph due to running production in Thailand. In fact, last I heard Triumph were hiring. All good.
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:08 PM   #9070
Andylaser
Heavy Metal

Oddometer: 1,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
The illusory powers of a beak are great.
Beak for the win.

OLD SKOOL HEAVY METAL
Andylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #9071
kurtphyre
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Long-time lurker here. Noobie poster though.

My question pertains to the 800 XC's possible luggage. I'd like to buy side carriers and a topcase STAT. I'd like to keep the cost under $1300. Me and my girl are preparing for a Halloween trip to Amsterdam and we need to haul some luggage. I prefer hard, waterproof cases vs. soft cases. I don't know if side-loading carriers or top-loading carriers are best. Any recommendations? I'd prefer if my XL Shoei helmet will fit in one of the three cases.

I live in Germany and the only luggage I've been able to see firsthand is the Givi stuff. I have a brochure for SW-Motech. I've never seen the official Triumph cases. Does Hepco & Becker make some? Touratech? Pelican?

Is their a front-runner for this? I'm hoping to place an order on Monday and have them installed on Thursday Any recommendations or advice you guys offer will be greatly appreciated.

kurtphyre screwed with this post 10-21-2011 at 05:50 PM
kurtphyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #9072
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtphyre View Post

My question pertains to the 800 XC's possible luggage. I'd like to buy side carriers and a topcase STAT. I'd like to keep the cost under $1300. Me and my girl are preparing for a Halloween trip to Amsterdam and we need to haul some luggage. I prefer hard, waterproof cases vs. soft cases. I don't know if side-loading carriers or top-loading carriers are best. Any recommendations? I'd prefer if my XL Shoei helmet will fit in one of the three cases.

I live in Germany and the only luggage I've been able to see firsthand is the Givi stuff. I have a brochure for SW-Motech. I've never seen the official Triumph cases. Does Hepco & Becker make some? Touratech? Pelican?

Is their a front-runner for this? I'm hoping to place an order on Monday and have them installed on Thursday Any recommendations or advice you guys offer will be greatly appreciated.
I was just looking at an XC a few days ago and asking about luggage. The dealer said he wouldn't recommend the Triumph bags simply because they have had to warranty several bags already from the tabs breaking on simple tip overs.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #9073
kurtphyre
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
I was just looking at an XC a few days ago and asking about luggage. The dealer said he wouldn't recommend the Triumph bags simply because they have had to warranty several bags already from the tabs breaking on simple tip overs.
Thanks for the tip. I remember reading that a couple months ago about the Triumph bags.
kurtphyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #9074
motosickle2000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. I remember reading that a couple months ago about the Triumph bags.
It depends on what you value. If you want cheap and extremely rugged, get the Caribou cases. http://cariboucases.com/store/?name=Home

With your timeframe being so short - I think you are going to have to get whatever is in stock at the local shops, though.
motosickle2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #9075
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Quote:

H&P and Touratech both make boxes for the Tiger since your in Germany i would look at Touratech first. They have local dealers might visit those first.
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote