Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 06:57 AM   #9061
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
Doing a two year RTW ride? or are you moving house? That is a load.
3 days, 3 weeks, amounts to about the same. Still need a tent, sleeping bag, Kermit chair etc.

As someone said, anyone can be uncomfortable.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:09 AM   #9062
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman1000 View Post
This may be a silly question, but if one wanted to buy a Tiger 800 (not the XC) could you buy the beak from an XC, and mount it?
Accessory.
It's a must. Finishes the front end off nicely.
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #9063
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Not sure of the exact mileage since I never really check but I generally get 180 or so miles between fillups with one tank taking me 200 miles.
I've got the Arrow exhaust and tune ran out of gas ar 178.4 miles. Filled it up with 5.02 US gallons. That's a little over 35 mpg.. I'm a bit dissapointed that I don't seem to be able to nurse it into the 40 mpg range even when I use less right wrist.

Regards, Paul
Old 10-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #9064
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadscum View Post
I've got the Arrow exhaust and tune ran out of gas ar 178.4 miles. Filled it up with 5.02 US gallons. That's a little over 35 mpg.. I'm a bit dissapointed that I don't seem to be able to nurse it into the 40 mpg range even when I use less right wrist.

Regards, Paul
What kind of riding were you doing when you got that gas suckage mileage?
I once had to put 5.3 gallons into my 955i Tiger at 152 miles... after running down the slab at 90-100 while fully packed for a 12 day trip. Slowed down after learning that lesson.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #9065
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by slobinski View Post
I feel your pain. Mine were ordered on the 13th. Still no confirmation of ship date. If they don't show this week I may cancel the order and look elsewhere.
So i thought my Happy Trails stuff was shipped... I got a confirmation email with tracking number last week. It says that it should arrive tomorrow , Oh but wait! just kidding, I got an email today from them saying that not everything shipped and that now it won't be until MAYBE Oct 28 until the rest of my stuff ships . so shitty! i have a trip planned for for the last weekend of october! F!
It's now been almost 3 weeks now since I ordered. I don't understand why it's taken so long for them to tell me that they don't have everything... If your going to survive in todays times you need to have shit to your customer within a week.
I ordered HT SU side racks and 2 Wolfman rollie bags.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #9066
slobinski
Inept adventurer

Oddometer: 415
Just found out that mine will supposedly ship on the 21st.

Wow, fat-fingered typing in my previous post. My Happy Trail order was made on October 3rd, not 13th. Duh.

slobinski screwed with this post 10-18-2011 at 12:15 PM Reason: poor proofreading skills
slobinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #9067
3Putt
Is that a gimmie?

Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
Huh. That definitely seems really low. I was averaging high 40s, close to 50mpg loaded down like this on a 4300-mile trip last May. A few fill-ups were over 50mpg; obviously much depends on the type of riding.

Fuel light typically came on around 165-180 miles.
I normally get low 40's rat racing around home without any bags. My light comes on around 160 and I put 3.5 to 4 gal back in. On the first leg of the trip the light came on at 125 miles and I didn't believe it until I filled up. Very glad I stopped just to be safe. Pretty much the same style riding I do at home the only difference being the bags sticking out and extra weight.

When I called home that night to report in my wife's first reaction was "I'm not stopping every 125 miles", gotta love that.

2014 Super Tenere
3Putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #9068
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbvt View Post

--mark
That is a nice and very tidy set up! And you were on the road for what? A month or so? Well done, hope the recovery and PT are going well!
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #9069
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
What kind of riding were you doing when you got that gas suckage mileage?
I once had to put 5.3 gallons into my 955i Tiger at 152 miles... after running down the slab at 90-100 while fully packed for a 12 day trip. Slowed down after learning that lesson.
It was a mixed day, about 50% Interstate @ 75-80 mph and 50% urban @ 40-50 mph.

Regards, Paul
Old 10-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #9070
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by refokus View Post
I will be stopping along the way to visit a freind in Durango, CO before heading to Phoenix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by refokus View Post
Denver, CO
Hmm, Denver to Durango. I sense a trip over the Engineer pass.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #9071
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
Hmm, Denver to Durango. I sense a trip over the Engineer pass.
I hope hes got a video camera.
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #9072
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
So i thought my Happy Trails stuff was shipped... I got a confirmation email with tracking number last week. It says that it should arrive tomorrow , Oh but wait! just kidding, I got an email today from them saying that not everything shipped and that now it won't be until MAYBE Oct 28 until the rest of my stuff ships . so shitty! i have a trip planned for for the last weekend of october! F!
It's now been almost 3 weeks now since I ordered. I don't understand why it's taken so long for them to tell me that they don't have everything... If your going to survive in todays times you need to have shit to your customer within a week.
I ordered HT SU side racks and 2 Wolfman rollie bags.
That sucks my ALTRIDER order shipped a couple hours after i made it. Looks like when i finally order my HP panniers I'll be waiting awhile. Wish ALTRIDER made panniers.
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:42 AM   #9073
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,584
Update on the AltRider side stand foot

After having emailed AltRider regarding my Tiger side stand foot, I got a reply from the company president. He was very helpful; it appears as though some of the forming issue came from an improper setting on a brake press. AltRider is making the necessary corrections and will be shipping me an updated foot free of charge when they are available. As an added offer for my troubles, he is giving me one of their t-shirts of my choice as well.

While I was initially disappointed in the item I received, I cannot but be impressed with the follow-through and support that is coming from AltRider. It's not every day that a company president takes the time to write to a customer, and I believe that AltRider is committed to providing a superior service experience.

When I receive the new part I will take some photos of it for the forum.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #9074
bigtallguy
Sasquatch Jr.

Oddometer: 254
What sort of maintenance costs are you guys seeing for first service and valve checks? I usually do my own but with the ecu check being part of the initial service I thought I should take it in. Also, if you do your own, how are you documenting it all?

Oh yeah, brought it home last night!

Old 10-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #9075
markbvt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
That is a nice and very tidy set up! And you were on the road for what? A month or so? Well done, hope the recovery and PT are going well!
No, it was only two weeks. Still, I don't think I'd take much more if I were doing a month-long trip, I'd just stop to do laundry occasionally.

Recovery and PT are going pretty well, thanks. I'm walking normally now with the aid of a single crutch that I'm no longer putting much weight on; should be able to get rid of it soon. Still hoping to get out for a ride or two before the snow flies, but we'll see...

--mark

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 30-June 1, 2014
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote