Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #9901
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcountry-Rider View Post
Your in the middle of the Utah Back Country Discovery Route 100 Miles from pavement and drop your bike on a nasty rock. Do you care about the plastic faring piece or the radiator?
whats your point? fuck ya i care about the radiator!!!
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #9902
Ducken
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Pivot Pegz for the Tiger

Got my Pivot Pegz for the 800XC a few days ago, thought some would be interested. I've had them for a while on my DR and think they're great. Only one picture per thread? Ken
Attached Images

Ducken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #9903
Ducken
Gnarly Adventurer

Pivot Pegz for the Tiger

And the left side...
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #9904
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducken View Post
Got my Pivot Pegz for the 800XC a few days ago, thought some would be interested. I've had them for a while on my DR and think they're great. Only one picture per thread? Ken
do you have gold wheels?
Old 12-03-2011, 06:45 PM   #9905
Ducken
Gnarly Adventurer

Pivot Pegz for the Tiger

And a tip...
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #9906
Ducken
Gnarly Adventurer

Pivot Pegz for the Tiger

And the tip is: If you remove the clip I'm pointing at, then pull the pin linking the rear of the brake pedal to the brake master cylinder, the brake pedal will swing up (spring loaded) far enough for the peg mounting pin to slip out of the peg carrier bracket so you can swap pegs.

Make sense? When you try to pull the pin holding the factory Tiger right footpeg out, you can't. It hits the rear brake pedal, you can't get the peg loose.

Ken
Old 12-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #9907
Ducken
Gnarly Adventurer

Pivot Pegz for the Tiger

Yes I have gold wheels...slightly embarrassed to admit it, but, ... Rustoleum. I think they look a lot better than dirty black.

And I should probably say in full disclosure that I spend a half a day a week playing at being a machinist apprentice at Kientech Engineering here in Southern Oregon, and that's where I got the Pivot Pegz. The DR 650 / DR 350 guys here on ADV Rider know Jesse and what a great guy he is.

Ken
Old 12-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #9908
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,344
I think the Pivot Pegz are a great idea, but $170 good? Would like to feel them on the bike.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #9909
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Yes I have gold wheels...slightly embarrassed to admit it, but, ... Rustoleum. I think they look a lot better than dirty black.

And I should probably say in full disclosure that I spend a half a day a week playing at being a machinist apprentice at Kientech Engineering here in Southern Oregon, and that's where I got the Pivot Pegz. The DR 650 / DR 350 guys here on ADV Rider know Jesse and what a great guy he is.

Ken
You sprayed Rustoleum on $1000 powder coated wheels? ... Might be worth it in future to have them powder coated ... GOLD! ... but Black doesn't show dirt.

We love Jesse! Let me know if you guys have any deals on GSXR Mid pipes!
Man ... I really need one. I got the muffler ... can't afford the mid pipe.
I did all my DR stuff through Jesse. You guys do a great job!
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #9910
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasthomas View Post
I think the Pivot Pegz are a great idea, but $170 good? Would like to feel them on the bike.
I have them on my Husky and feel they make a world of difference in difficult offroad situations. Standing, leaning forward, leaning backward, and in situations where you need to be able to get your toe down and make an upshift or pay for it if you miss, they are a godsend.

I'm still debating as to whether I need them on the Tiger; they're great but if you are not doing really technical stuff you may not need them.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #9911
fbj913
I ride

Quote:

Ken
OH MY!! What was your thought process behind this? I like gold rims and it might look good so maybe some more pics? I had gold rims on my old 450 (real excel gold rims). I got tons of good comments. I think blue would look good!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #9912
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,271
Quote:
But, you did admit it.........
Old 12-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #9913
Dr. Motardo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Off road I think you'll do fine. More and more good choices for tubeless off road tires front and rear: Heidenau, Mefo, Shinko, Conti, Metzeler and others are now doing better 19" fronts and good 150 sized rear tires for off road. Two sets of wheels would be nice!
Pretty much my thinking exactly. The Heidenaus are pretty great but I'll wait and see how the stock Pirelli Scorpions do. I test rode the 800 and XC back to back, on pavement of course, and definitely preferred the 800. Still, the bikes were so close that my choice was difficult. I even contacted Woody's Wheels here in Denver to ask about sealing the XC's wheels and the fact that they couldn't do the 21" front wheel sealed (no pun intended) the deal for me.

Bikes like the Tigers and GS's are compromises but one compromise I'd rather not make is tubes. I'm no doubt overreacting but that's me. Now I just need a break in the weather for a few days...
Dr. Motardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:20 AM   #9914
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcountry-Rider View Post
Your in the middle of the Utah Back Country Discovery Route 100 Miles from pavement and drop your bike on a nasty rock. Do you care about the plastic faring piece or the radiator?
Thing is those bars don't protect the bottom half of the rad. What if that rock hits that part of it? You can't protect everything but any bars you do fit should have been thought through properly and these haven't IMO. I agree totally with motosickle2000.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:15 AM   #9915
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
Thing is those bars don't protect the bottom half of the rad. What if that rock hits that part of it? You can't protect everything but any bars you do fit should have been thought through properly and these haven't IMO. I agree totally with motosickle2000.
+1 SW Motech bars protect everything (well, as well as can be expected...).
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote