Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > The British Invasion: Triumph Tigers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2011, 05:48 AM   #10021
Dmarino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Dyno tuning the Street Triple cam swap friday! Excited as can be.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #10022
markbvt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh Tiger View Post
I'd be very interested in seeing a picture of that switch plate. I've been contemplating several options myself and would be interested in seeing your solution.
I'll try to remember to take a pic this weekend.

--mark

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 29-31, 2015
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #10023
marloweluke
The Flying Dutchman

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarino View Post

Anxious to see the results as well. Thanks for pioneering this for us!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #10024
Bryn1203
Dances with spaniels

Oddometer: 1,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoRider View Post
Got mine, too, about a week ago. Nice stuff, nice guy. Can't imagine any situation where you couldn't strap whatever you need to that rack (short of being ridiculous).
you have tempted fate ! Poor fool - I forsee you will need to strap something ridiculous to your rack in the near future. Do not mess with fate young sir !

Get $5 off Smugmug - use this code NxRfLxbR5xhlE
Bryn1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:08 AM   #10025
Bryn1203
Dances with spaniels

Oddometer: 1,817
Quote:
I'm looking forward to the results.

I hope you will get the top end rush AND keep the torque

Get $5 off Smugmug - use this code NxRfLxbR5xhlE
Bryn1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #10026
GizmoRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Heated gear controller

Has anyone installed a Gerbing's permanent dual controller on a Tiger 800? I'm looking for mounting and routing ideas. The two rotary switch controls are going to require a lot of clearance behind a mounting panel, and I think I may have to make a mounting box to contain them, and them attach that box somewhere. Thoughts?
Old 12-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #10027
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
My advice, as the 9 years owner of a Tiger955, is that Triumphs last a long time if you run them in according to their schedule. You can bend it a bit by increasing the revs a little early but generally I'd stick to it. My reasoning is that my 955 still doesn't use any oil at 65000 miles old and runs sweet as a nut.
In any case, at the rate you're riding it the running in period will be over pretty quick anyway.
The other thing I'll add is that I'm finding that I ride the 800 between 4K & 6K rpm anyway so you won't really loose too much by sticking to the regime.
Ride it! Hate to tell you that you bike was on Triumph's Dyno before it left the factory....don't think they babied it.
Triumph's machine work on their motors is state of art. Ride it...don't beat it & she'll run forever.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #10028
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 879
Quote:
Bring it on!!!
Hopefully this will bring some serious "Giddy up" to the XC's motor.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #10029
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
Quote:
Has anyone installed a Gerbing's permanent dual controller on a Tiger 800? I'm looking for mounting and routing ideas. The two rotary switch controls are going to require a lot of clearance behind a mounting panel, and I think I may have to make a mounting box to contain them, and them attach that box somewhere. Thoughts?
I'm working on a mounting solution for a firstgear heated grip controller. Still in the contemplation stage. Thinking there is room under the instrument cluster for some sort of switch mounting plate. I'm equally curious to hear how anyone else has solved this problem.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #10030
outsidein
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
Quote:
When you get off he bike without remembering to first unplug, a very common occurrence, it is not a big deal with the provided electrical tether they give you to attach to the battery. The tether just automatically aligns itself with the force pulling the plugs apart and they separate with no damage. With a permanently mounted plug on the bike though it is a different story and you could potentially damage the outlet or the plug on your gear when this happens.

I think you would be better off with a wireless controller made by warm&safe. I velcros to the tank or where every want it or just get the $10 pouch gerbings makes and attach it to your belt. Gerbings and Warm&Safe controllers use the same plugs so are interchangeable.
outsidein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:45 AM   #10031
slobinski
Inept adventurer

Oddometer: 430
Heated gear controls

I bought a couple of WarmnSafe's mounted controllers (one for a set of Hot Grips, one for my jacket). There's a spot on the plastic gas tank trim piece, lower left, where there's enough clearance to mount the circuit boards. I drilled a couple holes in the bottom edge of the plastic and did a test fit. They are out of sight while seated on the bike, but can be easily reached. The electronics modules are attached to the top of the ECM, next to the battery, with the stickum Velcro furnished.

WarmnSafe says the circuit boards are waterproof, so I'm going to give this a try.

It's about time I got a smugmug account; this is hard to explain without pictures.
slobinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:19 AM   #10032
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh Tiger View Post
I'm working on a mounting solution for a firstgear heated grip controller. Still in the contemplation stage. Thinking there is room under the instrument cluster for some sort of switch mounting plate. I'm equally curious to hear how anyone else has solved this problem.
I just use a portable controller and clip it to my tank bag, you can see it in this photo.

I connect the controller to the 12v power port with one of these.
http://www.powerlet.com/product/powe...uty-cables/315
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:45 AM   #10033
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by slobinski View Post
It's about time I got a smugmug account; this is hard to explain without pictures.

You dont have to have smugmug to post pics. This may be the devil thing to say around here... photobucket is free.

fbj913 screwed with this post 12-16-2011 at 11:41 AM
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #10034
crazyman
Exiled to the swamp

Oddometer: 1,141
+1 for Photobucket !

Old 12-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #10035
Dmarino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
After a few hours on the dyno I've got her dialed in. The bike was spot on in the low load areas but took a ton of extra fuel over 25% tps and in the higher RPMs.

Fuel map scaling (Percentage above base Arrow map fuel tables)

The bike feels amazing but they dyno was reading very low. Given how much fuel the bike took there is no way I believe the dyno (86hp). The dyno was a one off deal meant for 300hp bonneville bikes :). They told me it was about 10% off from a typical dyno.

As you can see the TQ does not drop nearly as much as on a stock bike. It also feels great with no apparent loss down low. I'm happy with how flat I got the afr and the newfound pep. Over 8k the thing brings back memories of the 675.

The Dyno

Dmarino screwed with this post 12-16-2011 at 05:34 PM
Dmarino is offline   Reply With Quote