Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #11371
shadygrady
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassfisher View Post
If I use a 20 amp switch to break the wire an the ABS will I need a relay?
I see you used a relay and it looks like you put an in line fuse holder in from 85 on relay to the + battery.
What amp fuse did you use?
One wire from the switch goes to 86 on the relay.
Does the other switch wire go to - battery?
Question #1 - No, that would be the easiest solution but good luck finding one that is small enough, waterproof, and fits on your handlebars well.

Question#2 - 20amp inline fuse holder from any auto part store ($2)
Question#3&4 - yes. wire leads up to the switch then back to the relay. This cuts the circuit to the relay. (Do not run from the pos+ terminal to the switch...too much current!)

Good luck!
shadygrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #11372
Bassfisher
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Thanks!
Bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #11373
shadygrady
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2 View Post
Its ok mate Shady's offered to come round both of our places and install for us - yay shady
Who wants to be in sunny Australia when its 30 degrees and raining in NY!

Send me a plane ticket and I'm on my way. I'll even pay for the relay
Old 03-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #11374
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadygrady View Post
Who wants to be in sunny Australia when its 30 degrees and raining in NY!
How about 7 inches of fresh snow
ssevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:22 AM   #11375
ElNorto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
I am familiar with these relays as Guzzi and BMW have used them for years. Most have a wiring diagram on the case to indicate what terminal does what. May help to explain what Shady has done. The other thing to be aware of is some have a diode placed across the coil for arc suppression. It will be shown on the case if its included. You can either pry open the case and clip out the diode or you have to pay attention to the polarity when you attach the leads from the switch. The positive lead is attached to the cathode of the diode (line across the tip of the arrow). That would be opposite of when the diode is conducting current.
BTW Shady I am in Rochester also.
ElNorto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:42 AM   #11376
shadygrady
Adventurer

This is the relay with power from the switch
This is the relay without power from the switch

Your just opening the circuit with power to the relay! Here is a link to a cheap one I found on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PHLQJW

Quote:
BTW Shady I am in Rochester also.
Sweet! PM me sometime so we can hook up for a few rides or if you want help with this ABS bypass.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:48 AM   #11377
andoulli
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,114
ECU Maps

So I picked up one of the first Roadies last May and it has been doing fine with the original fuel mapping, no stalling, very consistent accurate fueling. I know there was a recall issued for a new map but I have been so pleased I decided to pass. I was at my dealer on Wednesday to have them reset my service wrench symbol thingie and they inform me that my fuel map is obsolete. They suggested installing the newest one. Uggh, I like the old one. We suggest the new one. Uggh, ok. On the 70 mile ride back home, heading into the wind, my average mpg reading on the display was showing 52 mpg. With the old map I was getting around 43 to 45. I have the factory can and factory bags and at 250 I'm a big guy. This is the mpg I was expecting from the get go, glad to be finally getting it.
andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:59 AM   #11378
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoulli View Post
So I picked up one of the first Roadies last May and it has been doing fine with the original fuel mapping, no stalling, very consistent accurate fueling. I know there was a recall issued for a new map but I have been so pleased I decided to pass. I was at my dealer on Wednesday to have them reset my service wrench symbol thingie and they inform me that my fuel map is obsolete. They suggested installing the newest one. Uggh, I like the old one. We suggest the new one. Uggh, ok. On the 70 mile ride back home, heading into the wind, my average mpg reading on the display was showing 52 mpg. With the old map I was getting around 43 to 45. I have the factory can and factory bags and at 250 I'm a big guy. This is the mpg I was expecting from the get go, glad to be finally getting it.
The Triumph boffins are always working on fuel maps etc. so I doubt very much if this is the last map we'll be getting.
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:18 AM   #11379
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,680
Quote:
From what I have experienced the actual MPG versus what is shown on the display is much lower.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #11380
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
From what I have experienced the actual MPG versus what is shown on the display is much lower.
yes, very true. I just started tracking my fuel mpg via fuelly.com. I think I have tracked a total of 3 or 4 tanks so I would not say it is a very good value to go from but I am averaging 36.3 mpg. I sure do hope that goes up this summer when I am able to put some real miles on it.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #11381
andoulli
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
OK, but I was not comparing apples to oranges. My display before the update showed and average of 43 to 45. On my ride home from the dealer it showed 52. In my opinion it is difficult to check mileage on the T800 the old fashioned way, because it is so hard to put the same amount of gas in the tank each time. The filler neck/gas pump sensitivity defeats my attempts to do that.
andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:07 AM   #11382
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,358
Quote:
OK, but I was not comparing apples to oranges. My display before the update showed and average of 43 to 45. On my ride home from the dealer it showed 52. In my opinion it is difficult to check mileage on the T800 the old fashioned way, because it is so hard to put the same amount of gas in the tank each time. The filler neck/gas pump sensitivity defeats my attempts to do that.
I try to get it about the same each time. It's not that hard is it? At least you can see the gas. In a car you just hope that it's full. I do not think that a tenth of gallon will make a huge difference. just my 2c.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #11383
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,310
Quote:
In my opinion it is difficult to check mileage on the T800 the old fashioned way, because it is so hard to put the same amount of gas in the tank each time. The filler neck/gas pump sensitivity defeats my attempts to do that.
I usually fill it up to the bottom of the jail cell bars.

Do the gas pumps in your area have those stupid hose foreskins?
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #11384
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
Thankfully, no.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #11385
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,680
Quote:
I usually fill it up to the bottom of the jail cell bars.
Same here.

Quote:

I hate those damn things, fortunately we don't have them around here.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote