Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #12346
SMIFFXC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
Which means that you're more likely to break the mudguard when the forks fully compress. I refer you to this thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=704559 where it has happened. Sorry but you'll have to do the searching through.
You are correct. I made them a year ago so my memory was not so good. I made mine 20mm vs the TT ones at 15mm. That was all the brake lines allowed. 3k miles with them and not a problem.
SMIFFXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:11 PM   #12347
mbellantone
n00b

Oddometer: 4
yes, it does display the odo when you first fire up... for two seconds or so, then disappears...

the question is, can i be "re-flashed" to behave differently.

the way it is now, it sucks.

M

1984 BMW R80RT (red)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 roady (white)
mbellantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:00 AM   #12348
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
I did not cut off the voltage regulator, unless its inside the plug. There is a round thing in line right after the plug. I did not cut it off. So are the zumos a 12V? how do people hardwire them in. I knew I shouldn't have tried to do this myself.
The regulator is probably inside the plug - it doesn't have to be very big as that's not much of a voltage change and the current the GPS draws is pretty low. I have no idea if Zumo's are 12V - I know my Nuvi is straight USB/5V. The lump after the plug is probably an RF filter of some sort - it just stops RF interference from the engine getting to the Zumo.

This is all conjecture on my part and I really hope I'm wrong.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #12349
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by marloweluke View Post
Same color as mine but except my frame is silver. I do like the black frame. Is that a 2012 color option?

Thanks. Not an option, that's the way the 2012's come.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #12350
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
Congrats! (you lucky Dog!) I love that color ... don't care what anyone says. I hope someday they'll do it on a XC model. Sounds like you'll need to give Baldy a call for a name change? New Avatar? Isn't that a Vstrom motor? How about : Papa Tiger? Tiger Dad? Good luck ... ride safe!
I like the color too. Very unusual. The dealer said it's a slow seller, so I got a better deal because of it.

I don't know about the handle change, it kinda looks like a team green color.

Anyway, the kawidad came from my son owning a kawi at the time I took the name, but hey, I also have a KLR, so it still fits. Hmm, Papa Tiger, I like it............

Yeah, my avatar is a strom motor, which I used to own. But, since I'm kinda a gear head I like motor shots and stuph so I'll have to think on that.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #12351
Andylaser
Heavy Metal

Oddometer: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
Same here in the UK. And, to make it worse, under EU law I'm supposed to be able to buy stuff anywhere in Europe but Touratrash refuse to sell to me off their German website.

SW Motech are the same. You have to use the UK distributor and pay extra for the privilege.

OLD SKOOL HEAVY METAL
Andylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #12352
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andylaser View Post
SW Motech are the same. You have to use the UK distributor and pay extra for the privilege.
We're in the same boat here in Canada. We're supposed to have NAFTA, North American Free Trade Agreement between Canada, USA and Mexico, only to get charged exorbitant brokerage fees at the border. I live on the border so can cross border shop easily but there are so many restrictions it's almost not worth it.

Considering a new Triumph and my closest dealer is actually in the US but they're not allowed to sell to Canadians. There's a $1,300 price difference between US and Canadian list. Average cost to import is around $500, so still a decent savings. The dealer would be charged a $10,000 fine for selling me a bike. Free Trade my ass.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #12353
DavidXT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
No
'09 Buell XB12XT (can I change my name now??) , '99 Suzuki Katana 600, '97 Honda Shadow VT 750 ace, '?? Kawasaki 250 quad, '96 Suzuki TS50X
DavidXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #12354
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,078
380 miles of heaven today here in New England

The more I ride this bike, the more I love it - it's easily the best bike I've ever owned in 35 years of biking - it does everything that I need it to do.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #12355
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Ok, just a first here. Picked up the bike, nice pic of the rear Heidenau K60 Scout. Just before I got my tag and loaded it up with my engine guards & jacket.

Out front another pic. Need to install engine & headlight guards. Tomorrow a bit of riding

Had the dealer install the fog lamps and rubber, I'll be getting the rest.

I can't believe how much of a difference this bike is over my Scramber - very happy. Sorry for the picture quality, taken from the phone, just excited and wanting to officially join the fray.
UtahFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #12356
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,191
Mine showed the odo for awhile. I can't remember what I did to fuck it up, but I did. I swear. It worked for awhile, then I did something and it didn't. The manual AND all the experts on the web say it can't happen, but mine did, and I was happy. The odo went away and I wasn't happy. I don't know how I did it, and can't get it back. I'm not really sure why Triumph thinks no one wants to know how many miles are on their bike. At the end of the day, the biggest problem with this is that you can't get the info. your looking for, and that seems goofy to me
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #12357
81husky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
At the end of the day, the biggest problem with this is that you can't get the info. your looking for, and that seems goofy to me
When you're done riding, and turned off the bike, turn the key back on and look quick. You can also scroll to it, but that's an even bigger PIA. I'm not sure either why Triumph thought this was a good idea, I like looking down and seeing how many miles are on the bike.
81husky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #12358
marloweluke
The Flying Dutchman

Oddometer: 149
New 20634MAP.hex

I just uploaded the new fuel map for the Roadie ABS, the 20634MAP.hex using TuneECU. Anybody have any experience with the new map? Better mileage maybe?
Old 04-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #12359
eram310
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Filling up gas

How do you guys do it without the gas spilling out? This is a real pain. I see this plastic restriction that the dealer tells me it's an anti siphon device. Can I remove it?

Thanks,
eram310 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #12360
Ducken
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Eram, where are you? USA bike? Not familiar with any plastic in the filler hole.... Ken
Ducken is offline   Reply With Quote