Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #12466
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dave View Post
I need to edit the last sentence. Did the paper work on an orange XC today also. Pick it up when the centerstand come in. Giggity...
I hope you get it faster than my dealer promised mine - July. Grats BTW. Here's mine from a couple of hours ago, since Saturday I've put on 500 miles around here.

UtahFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #12467
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahFox View Post
...since Saturday I've put on 500 miles around here.

Thoughts on your new style K60 front tire??? I just ordered a set for mine. Nice color choice by the way
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #12468
Flying Dave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
The salesman made it sound like the service guy believed the stand would be here next week. We shall see. If not, I will pick it up and start adding some miles.
Flying Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #12469
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
The salesman made it sound like the service guy believed the stand would be here next week. We shall see. If not, I will pick it up and start adding some miles.
If so, I need the name of your dealer :)
Old 04-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #12470
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh Tiger View Post
Thoughts on your new style K60 front tire??? I just ordered a set for mine. Nice color choice by the way
Well, I'm no expert, but my experience so far has pretty much been the same as what I've read other ppl say. The front doesn't seem to naturally drop into turns like a street tire would. Other than that they've been fantastic, they go where you tell them to and I believe better riders that I am would get even more benefit out of them.

But I'm an utter noob and I haven't ridden any dirt yet other than some gravel parking lots. So my opinion is worth about 2 cents :)
Old 04-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #12471
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Speaking of noobish, last night after poker night at the bar I had a friend over for some late night drinks and such (I'm funemployed ATM ). We were hanging out in the carport out back where I keep the bike and I set the bike down w/o the stand. So, here's my review of the Triumph engine bars; they work!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:34 AM   #12472
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
Just put a deposit on this...

my affinity for Triumph triples and the size of the Tiger won out.
I hope it serves you as well as mine is doing. Have you still got your 955?
Old 04-25-2012, 01:42 AM   #12473
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Congratulations to all, above, getting new bikes. I hope you all have as much fun as I'm having with mine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHaIE...ature=youtu.be

Re K60 fronts..............whilst I found it works very well on road and dry dirt tracks, the big(ish) blocks mean that they're not brilliant in mud. So I recently changed my front to a Mefo Explorer which has the same sort of tread pattern but with smaller blocks and also has a much softer carcass so it flexes more when at lower pressures. It's much better.
Having said the above, some folks are matching a K60 rear (for good wear rate) with a TKC80 front with promising results.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:17 AM   #12474
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,576
Quote:
I need to edit the last sentence. Did the paper work on an orange XC today also. Pick it up when the centerstand comes in. Giggity...
Interesting factoid.

When I picked up my roadie last week. I bought the center stand kit, they had one in stock. I did the install myself because the dealer wouldn't give me any love on the labor cost. Anyway, when I went to Triumph on-line to get the directions, I immediately noticed that my new center stand (still in the original wrapping) looked different than those in the on-line pictures. I figure it's the difference between the XC and roadie. No biggie. The install goes okay, but doubts are niggling in the back of mind about the pictures, so I start surfing the web. Lo-and-behold, I read that I apparently have the old kit with internet reports that it was recalled because of hitting the swingarm, and the new kit won't be in until July because of retro-fitting and recalls.

Can anyone confirm this? (I have contacted the dealer and they're researching it because they have no idea.)

PS I also ordered the adjustable tall touring screen and I'm reading this won't be in until July as well. Again, the dealer has no idea, so can anyone confirm this as well?
Old 04-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #12475
Dr. Motardo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Can anyone confirm this? (I have contacted the dealer and they're researching it because they have no idea.)
Not exactly, but my guess is you have the old center stand. When I negotiated the deal on my 800, the center stand was part of the package, along with the OEM heated grips. Grips were installed prior to delivery (in November) but I'm still waiting on the center stand. My dealer also has the old center stands in stock but has been told by Triumph that he cannot sell them. He also has heard nothing from Triumph regarding the new ones so I'm hoping the rumors of mid-summer availability are true.

The last time I checked with my parts department was early March so some of this stuff may have changed.
Dr. Motardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #12476
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,552
Check out these plastic diverters behind the frame above the motor. I wonder if they deflect heat from your leg?

Old 04-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #12477
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawidad View Post
I was at the dealer this morning, and they were told by Triumph to stop selling the existing center stands. They're hanging onto them in case there's an easy fix (such as a spring). They're still saying July. I'd check with your dealer again.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #12478
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
Check out these plastic diverters behind the frame above the motor. I wonder if they deflect heat from your leg?

I doubt it. The heat will be coming out from directly above the rocker box cover. What you're talking about are just to fill in the gaps in the frame and hide the ugly injectors.
What you really need is something like wot I knocked up as an experiment....
Old 04-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #12479
kebrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Gear Indicator not shown in owner's manual.

Maybe this has been mentioned before but I did search prior to posting. There is no mention of a gear indicator in our roadie's owners manual. Reminds me somewhat of my 70's era Japanese owners manuals...

KEB
kebrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #12480
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebrider View Post
Maybe this has been mentioned before but I did search prior to posting. There is no mention of a gear indicator in our roadie's owners manual. Reminds me somewhat of my 70's era Japanese owners manuals...

KEB
I'm relatively certain it is in mine.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote