Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #12526
hawkbox
800 (Ironhide!)

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-Tat View Post
Hawk,
Not a bit of problem with the Motech center stand. You do have to lose the evap canister for it to fit.
I'm Canadian, we don't have one. ;) That's perfect to know, I'll order one at some point this summer.
hawkbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #12527
Reefdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masi View Post
Howdy, it's been a loong and snowy winter up here in Finland but now it appears that the back roads are open and filled with mud, soft sand and all that is beautiful in life..
I've been away from the forum for awhile and there seems to be some 300 pages more to this thread so this might be down there somewhere but being lazy I go and ask..
What kind of tyres are you non XC riders using? My goal is to be more dirt orientated than last summer but the Scorpion trails do not give too good support on mud or soft sand. I know that there's not that much room under the std. front fender but could there be enough for TKC80's or K60 Scouts?
Hi Masi
I run K60 scouts on my F800gs,,,great wear rate,good on the black stuff and off road...no mud here, only sand so cant help you there.
going to be in Finland at the end of july
sent you a PM

reef
Reefdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:11 AM   #12528
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdog View Post
Hi Masi
I run K60 scouts on my F800gs,,,great wear rate,good on the black stuff and off road...no mud here, only sand so cant help you there.
going to be in Finland at the end of july
sent you a PM

reef
I'll chip in for the K60. Thy a great all round tyre. Although I've just changed the front to a Mefo explorer because, although it looks the same as a K60, it has smaller tread blocks. The K60 front does wander in soft mud. The Mefo has a softer carcass and, therefore, flexes more and is better when I ran it at 20psi two weekends ago. Also, the Mefo seems to NOT wear at all. It's taken well over 1000 miles to get rid of the molding frills.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:25 AM   #12529
Masi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
I'll chip in for the K60. Thy a great all round tyre. Although I've just changed the front to a Mefo explorer because, although it looks the same as a K60, it has smaller tread blocks. The K60 front does wander in soft mud. The Mefo has a softer carcass and, therefore, flexes more and is better when I ran it at 20psi two weekends ago. Also, the Mefo seems to NOT wear at all. It's taken well over 1000 miles to get rid of the molding frills.
Much appreciated.
It appears that the K60's are worth of their reputation -> long lasting good traction.

Keep on riding
Masi
Masi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #12530
jphish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 609
Yep - Easier ABS disabling & ambient temp display would be my vote. The ODO issue...? it stares at you for a few seconds EVERY time you turn the key on - good enough for me. Ordered a temp guage handle bar clip, pg 110, 2012 catalog, from AEROstitch, $10. Will see how it works.
jphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #12531
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
So what you're saying is that Hepco & Becker got it wrong as well.
Only difference was a trip to the hardware store was the fix and not a 6 month wait. Works great otherwise. Still, a boneheaded move by someone at HB. The vendor I bought it from notified them of the issue. I suspect someone just put the wrong springs in the kit because they were not even close to fitting.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #12532
swimmer
armchair asshole

tune ecu

I was trying to connect to my ECU today with TuneECU to install the latest map that has recently been mentioned in this thread and kept getting an error about not being able to connect. Drivers installed etc... I think I may have an incorrect obdII cable. I believe there are two kinds? Can someone who successfully connects to their bike post a link to the cable they bought? Thanks
Old 04-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #12533
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I was trying to connect to my ECU today with TuneECU to install the latest map that has recently been mentioned in this thread and kept getting an error about not being able to connect. Drivers installed etc... I think I may have an incorrect obdII cable. I believe there are two kinds? Can someone who successfully connects to their bike post a link to the cable they bought? Thanks
Do you have the latest version of TuneECU? v1.9.9 won't work with the latest tunes. Download 2.2.0.3. Just updated my sons Speed Triple today and it worked fine.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #12534
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
Do you have the latest version of TuneECU? v1.9.9 won't work with the latest tunes. Download 2.2.0.3. Just updated my sons Speed Triple today and it worked fine.
It won't even connect. FWIW I did update to the latest version prior to my latest attempt.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #12535
Jblk9695
AKA-Crazy Old Man

Oddometer: 233
Here is the one that I used, just don't use the software that comes with the cable, TuneECU software should connect itself.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-Bike...item35afd40c21

Jerry
Old 04-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #12536
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,312
Quote:
This one is a for-sure working example:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o04_s00_i00
Old 04-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #12537
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post

Thanks.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #12538
marloweluke
The Flying Dutchman

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Thanks.
I bought a cable on Amazon and could not get it to work. The cable had some kind of chip in it that would not allow it to work with the TuneECU drivers. I ended up buying a second cable on Ebay from "gameadvance".

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/320785937779?...84.m1439.l2649

As soon as I plugged it in everything connected just fine. So beware, not all cables are the same.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #12539
GitchaGumee
Dreamer

Oddometer: 7
SW-MOTOECH EVO Topring concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel F View Post
Heres a pic of mine with bags connection city bag

Doesn't touch the tank so no rubbing or scuffing

I hate to bring up an old topic, but... I received my SW-MOTECH City tank bag and was going to mount it today. The bag itself looks great, but I'm leary of the topring kit.

I was expecting the simplicity of a quick pin to release the bag, but it has a rotary mechanism that actuates four dogs that release the bag. My main concern is with the release pull cord that routes through the body of the mount. If (when) this cord fails there is no way to release the bag. I hate it when manufacturers make designs more complex with little to no benefit in function.

Has anybody with this topring had any issues? Share my concerns?
GitchaGumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #12540
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post

I have this one, used it yesterday to put the Arrow map on the bike. The bike is noticeably quicker with the Leo Vince on, and the pipe can be touched even after 12 miles of city riding.
UtahFox is offline   Reply With Quote