Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #12931
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein67 View Post
Do they usually keep K60's in stock or do they order them for you? If they are stock I'm going to stop in for a pair next time I'm in town.
in stock. call them first because they said they are selling them like hot cakes. last time i was in they said they sold out but had more on order. I'm actually headed there now. I'll ask if I remember.
fbj913 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #12932
fbj913
I ride

Aux light switch

^^^ I forgot to ask, sorry!

Has anyone used the Triumph aux light switch on non stock lights? There are four wires and my lights have 3. What wires go where? Thanks!!!

fbj913 screwed with this post 05-24-2012 at 06:48 PM
Old 05-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #12933
Oddball
Starting over

Oddometer: 140
Aux light switch were can I get one?
Oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #12934
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
Aux light switch were can I get one?
got mine from the dealer
Old 05-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #12935
fbj913
I ride

Rigid Industries D2's

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post

Has anyone used the Triumph aux light switch on non stock lights? There are four wires and my lights have 3. What wires go where? Thanks!!!
So I got some Rigid Industries Denali D2 Aux lights. I don't have them mounted yet but I finally got them all wired up last night. The lights have 3 wires coming out of the the harness and the switch has 5. It took me several tries to figure out what goes where. I used the Triumph Aux light switch thats mounts to the clutch clamp. Anyhow, if anyone else tries the same combo below are what wires go to what... After I get them all mounted up I'll post some pics.

Red and White - Red
Grey - Blue
Black and Black - Black
Old 05-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #12936
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,321
Quote:
So I got some Rigid Industries Denali D2 Aux lights. I don't have them mounted yet but I finally got them all wired up last night. The lights have 3 wires coming out of the the harness and the switch has 5. It took me several tries to figure out what goes where. I used the Triumph Aux light switch thats mounts to the clutch clamp. Anyhow, if anyone else tries the same combo below are what wires go to what... After I get them all mounted up I'll post some pics.

Red and White - Red
Grey - Blue
Black and Black - Black

Please post some pics once you get the install done. Thanks
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #12937
Wandering Dane
We are the luckiest guys

Oddometer: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahFox View Post
Got my Madstad screen installed yesterday. Good quality stuff here, and a breeze to install. I could of used this on my trip to Flagstaff, did 1,200 miles - 75% of the time in horrid wind.

You have the same hand guards and Madstad windshield as I do on my Roadie. As a trial, I also installed the winglets on my bike as you have. But I found that they severely limited how much I could turn the handlebars. My bars are rotated somewhat forward, perhaps that caused the interference or just perhaps the lower bars of the Roadie.

BTW, I agree with an earlier poster who commented that for highway riding the most comfortable windshield position is essentially parallel to the black base plate.

I just returned from a four day, 2100 mile road trip and for my 5 ft 10 in height, that position was the most comfortable of the six different positions that I tried. In addition to the windshield being parallel to the base plate, I also have it adjusted far away from the base plate to create a relatively large opening between the base plate and the windshield and I adjusted mine somewhat higher than shown in this picture.
Wandering Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #12938
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,560
Has anybody found a folding shifter (other than touraripoff)?
Old 05-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #12939
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Fyi

SB 439 for VIN's 466334 thru 501587.

This is for a new shifter return spring. Triumph is not sending out letters & dealers act like they don't want to mess with this unless you have a problem. If you call them & let them know that you know, then they'll do the recall.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #12940
vecchio Lupo
Diplomatico Di Moto

Oddometer: 454
thanks

Good gouge there Robdirt, I'll ask for that when I get my 6k service.

Moto Guzzi, going out of business since 1921
"Remember, Italian motorcycles are like Italian women, sometimes they stab you for no reason."
vecchio Lupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #12941
Dr. Motardo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
My VIN is a 510 so it looks like the 2012 model I bought in November is a newer build than the affected bikes. Ducati had some issues with shifter return springs on some bikes. Best to get it fixed ASAP.
Dr. Motardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #12942
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
SB 439 for VIN's 466334 thru 501587.

This is for a new shifter return spring. Triumph is not sending out letters & dealers act like they don't want to mess with this unless you have a problem. If you call them & let them know that you know, then they'll do the recall.
I called triumph yesterday to complain about them not letting people know about the tsb(s). I then called my dealer and they ordered the return spring repair kit.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #12943
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecchio Lupo View Post
Good gouge there Robdirt, I'll ask for that when I get my 6k service.
You need to make sure they have the new parts on hand.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #12944
marloweluke
The Flying Dutchman

Oddometer: 149
Quote:

Red and White - Red
Grey - Blue
Black and Black - Black

Thanks for the above. On the Triumph parts fiche for the OEM fog lights it shows a relay (part #8). Did you need to order that relay as well or is that not necessary?
Old 05-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #12945
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Dane View Post
You have the same hand guards and Madstad windshield as I do on my Roadie. As a trial, I also installed the winglets on my bike as you have. But I found that they severely limited how much I could turn the handlebars. My bars are rotated somewhat forward, perhaps that caused the interference or just perhaps the lower bars of the Roadie.

BTW, I agree with an earlier poster who commented that for highway riding the most comfortable windshield position is essentially parallel to the black base plate.

I just returned from a four day, 2100 mile road trip and for my 5 ft 10 in height, that position was the most comfortable of the six different positions that I tried. In addition to the windshield being parallel to the base plate, I also have it adjusted far away from the base plate to create a relatively large opening between the base plate and the windshield and I adjusted mine somewhat higher than shown in this picture.
Awesome info, thanks. I'm probably going to replace the stock hand guards at some point. On the road I think they're fine - just looking for a little rock protection. But I really like the look of these - http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/ I'm going to be out that way in 3 weeks and going to check and see if they'll do the dirty work for me.
UtahFox is offline   Reply With Quote