Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #13066
timz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Yes.. by far the cheapest I found was from http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/ser...ardware/Detail , BUT it looks like they *just* raised prices :( If you add it to your cart (PLR6401), it's now $189 + $15 shipping. Still a decent deal from what I remember, but they did have them at like $130 shipped - which I'm not sure how they did since that is by far a butt load cheaper than anyone else!

I will say that while I received a bum part (manufacturing defect) in the kit, Cli-MAX has been working with Givi to rectify the situation - and I feel confident they'll follow through. Will update when it happens.
Well that makes sense then. I've checked out alot of different venders including these guys. Gotta love paying more Thanks for the heads up and enjoy the ride!
timz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #13067
Ronin1
Hoonigan

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Decided to get out of the house on a whim last Sunday. Ended up putting around central Florida front and back roads to the tune of about 300+ miles - even swung by Epcot for a pretzel and a beer from Germany (I have a season pass). Couldn't dream of doing that on my DRZ or CRF! Bike performed flawlessly - even through some nasty weather. Me on the other hand, needs some work.

I ride every day, but we're only talking 5 mile commutes. After an hour or two on the Tiger, my right wrist would get pretty sore. Guess I need to condition it and maybe look into a throttle lock? Butt would get pretty sore, but I was able to move it around and keep it awake. May look into some different wind screen options. Stock wasn't too bad, but if I stuck my head down a little lower, it was like heaven down there (I'm not that tall at 5'8")! I definitely need a lighter jacket... It was probably in the mid 90's with high humidity, and I was pretty miserable in my Alpinestars black leather jacket. Was wearing full gauntlet roadrace gloves too, which didn't help with the heat...

Very happy with my purchase so far! Now I need someone to buy my DRZ so I can afford some farkles :-D
Excellent! Easy throttle lock I use is http://www.aerostich.com/a-to-b-util...e-control.html
There are many windshield options out there, I'm a similar height as you (5'7) and use the Triumph adjustable screen and it works fine for me with the seat in either position. I'm in the process of cutting the original one into a "flyscreen" for summer use.
Jim
Ronin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #13068
elan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin1 View Post
Excellent! Easy throttle lock I use is http://www.aerostich.com/a-to-b-util...e-control.html
There are many windshield options out there, I'm a similar height as you (5'7) and use the Triumph adjustable screen and it works fine for me with the seat in either position. I'm in the process of cutting the original one into a "flyscreen" for summer use.
Jim
I was actually reading about this lil device when I was researching them. Looks like it'll do the job. Also read about the o-ring, but I don't have any bar-ends on mine, so that probably wouldn't work out of the box.

Good to hear about the adjustable screen. Just for my clarification, is the adjustable screen just the stock screen with some bits to adjust it? Or is it the larger touring screen as well?
elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #13069
Ronin1
Hoonigan

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
I was actually reading about this lil device when I was researching them. Looks like it'll do the job. Also read about the o-ring, but I don't have any bar-ends on mine, so that probably wouldn't work out of the box.

Good to hear about the adjustable screen. Just for my clarification, is the adjustable screen just the stock screen with some bits to adjust it? Or is it the larger touring screen as well?
I don't have the exact dimensions but it's quite a bit larger. I'll see if I can get a photo later comparing them.

Jim
Ronin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #13070
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by av_mech View Post
Got the code read. P0500 speed sensor malfunction. Can somebody please see what the service manual says about it? I cleared the code and I'll check back in later today to see if it faults again. Needless to say, im happy its not major being this far from home. Vacation continues! On to Yosemite!
Mine did this too. I cleared the code and it never came back, that was about 6,000 miles or more ago I guess the dust and mud get on the ABS ring and confuse it...
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #13071
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,206
Anyone we know ?

'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #13072
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Anyone we know ?

No, but the dude on the right has good taste in suits
Old 06-13-2012, 05:38 AM   #13073
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
No, but the dude on the right has good taste in suits
And the guy on the left on the 800 has better taste in handguards.
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:49 AM   #13074
jphish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 617
Same here. Rock got stuck in ABS ring - triggered CEL - . Apparently need checking periodically.
jphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #13075
eram310
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin1 View Post
Jim
Keep the DRZ if you want to do some more challenging d/s. I have a few bikes in my garage and if I had keep two, it would be the DRZ and my tiger roadie. Mine is 8 years old and worth much more than it's value.

I am also 5'8" and have the adjustable mechanism. When it's hot and windy, I lower the screen. When it's calm and cool, I raise it.
eram310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #13076
xylent
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Ladies and gents,

I join your proud ranks in 2 weeks. Black '12 XC ABS waiting for me and my license plate on the other side of the country...

Riding it back here to AK.

...I must be nuts.
xylent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #13077
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylent View Post
Ladies and gents,

I join your proud ranks in 2 weeks. Black '12 XC ABS waiting for me and my license plate on the other side of the country...

...I must be nuts.

Not nuts at all...
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #13078
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Ladies and gents,

...I must be nuts.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #13079
helotaxi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Ladies and gents,

...I must be nuts.
No. Nuts would be if you were posting this some time between October and May.
helotaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #13080
fbj913
I ride

Here are all my accessories, or as some of you say, farkles... (minus the wolfman luggage, tank bag, and caribou top box)

bike

happy trails crash bars

Touratech adjustable windscreen mount with Lockable Garmin 665 mount

Anti Vibe Rox Risers

52 rear tooth sproket

Touratech side stand foot

Happy Trails Luggage Racks

Mega tool tube/reinforced by the happy trails accessory mount

Rigid Industries Denali D2's and Acerbis hand guards, and Touratech headlight guard

Denali D2's and SWMotech aux light mounts

Acerbis mud guard

Touratech fender raiser

Touratech shift lever

Triumph skid plate

Thats my build after 1 years time... I think I'm finally done, and I think thats all

fbj913 screwed with this post 06-13-2012 at 05:53 PM