Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #13156
SMIFFXC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
Anyone know what happened to the Tiger800.co.uk forum? it fell over sometime yesterday and hasn't woken up yet...
The new Triumph Explorer site seems to have met he same fate. Wierd.
SMIFFXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #13157
Snapper
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,483
New sidestand switch... if you've ever bottomed out, you should check if yours still works. It's in a very vulnerable spot.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #13158
dwoodward
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
Weird, my CBF1000 forum is down as well. Any UK members around? Hello? You still got internet?
It's back. I'm recovering from withdrawl, just give me a little more time.... ah.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #13159
Hoppster
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Easy ABS Off?

Have had my 800 XC for about a year now and love it! My only real complaint is how complicated it is to turn off the ABS when going back and forth between on and off road conditions. Has anyone heard if there could possibly be a work around or fix for this?

I'm wondering if newer models will have a software update to the computer that will allow for a one button solution like on the BMW. Sure would be nice if this were then available as an update for current models.
Hoppster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #13160
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppster View Post
Have had my 800 XC for about a year now and love it! My only real complaint is how complicated it is to turn off the ABS when going back and forth between on and off road conditions. Has anyone heard if there could possibly be a work around or fix for this?

I'm wondering if newer models will have a software update to the computer that will allow for a one button solution like on the BMW. Sure would be nice if this were then available as an update for current models.
Easy solution is to fit a handlebar switch connected to one of the abs fuse positions. You then mount the fuse Online with the switch.
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #13161
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppster View Post

It's been done...I am about to do my bike. There's a thread on Tiger forum UK....install a relay that momentarily breaks power to the 20 amp ABS pump under your seat & the the ABS shuts off without any issues or Codes flashing. Buy a Kill switch that operates momentarily & 20 amp 12v Relay with a normally closed contact, intercept the wire going to the ABS pump.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #13162
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
New sidestand switch... if you've ever bottomed out, you should check if yours still works. It's in a very vulnerable spot.
I just removed mine & crimped the wires together & cut off the bracket...simple fix
Old 06-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #13163
Snapper
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno33772 View Post
I just removed mine & crimped the wires together & cut off the bracket...simple fix
I was seriously thinking about just leaving it with the plunger ripped off, since it was running fine and I generally don't like idiot switches that can go wrong and leave you stranded... then I recall that I seem to be idiot about once a decade and ride away with the sidestand down - I have been saved by these devices a few times.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #13164
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,324
My 800 XC build and blog... http://ridethreesixtyfive.blogspot.c...-xc-build.html
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #13165
Vzuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Triumph Radiator Guard.

I thought it was a good idea to put some protection in front of that expensive piece of hardware. Not that I am going to be going off road anytime soon. The roads around here are rough enough!

You know how you are supposed to look at your instructions and make sure all the parts are in there before you begin? Yeah I know, who looks at instructions! Well I hit a snag on my simple install.

I had already removed some radiator shroud parts when I discovered I was missing my captive nuts! Luckily I had a couple of left over M5 nuts from a windshield project so I was able to put the bike back together. Bike Bandit later sent me the correct nuts.

It is an easy install with all the parts. You don't even have to remove the entire radiator shroud, just the right hand side (there are less things attached to wires in there).

Remove enough tank/radiator parts to get to the two screws (Green Arrows) holding the shroud backing onto the radiator. This will allow you to slip the radiator tabs A and B into the left shroud. When you re-install the backing you slip the right side tabs into the slots (Yellow Arrows). Don't forget to install your elusive captive nuts (Magenta Arrow). Okay, you do have to remove the lower half of the left side to do that.

Button everything back up and you are done.

Vzuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:13 AM   #13166
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno33772 View Post
Just rerouted mine so it's out of the way inside the frame & up near the gear change
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:53 AM   #13167
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,198
Sidestand solution - I think this is best so far

http://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/....html#msg78075
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:29 AM   #13168
cronos1013
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
I was seriously thinking about just leaving it with the plunger ripped off, since it was running fine and I generally don't like idiot switches that can go wrong and leave you stranded... then I recall that I seem to be idiot about once a decade and ride away with the sidestand down - I have been saved by these devices a few times.

There is a way to relocate it under the swingarm that Xsilvergs demoed on the tiger800.co.uk forum with pictures.

Link to his post
cronos1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #13169
internalcombust
Yes its dirty, thanks.

Oddometer: 1,586
Is anyone else having an issue with grooving on the wheel spacers? I have changed tires 3 times and each time I have rotated the spacers, but now I think I may need to buy another set for my next swap. The spacers are aluminum, and I am worried about premature bearing failure similar to the gs800s. I know some one is making steel spacers for the beemer guys, but I haven't seen anything on the tigers yet.
internalcombust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #13170
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,138
Sargent seat update

After I sent my stock seat to Sargent for reworking and new foam I got a call a little over a week later from one of the owners. They were in the development stages for their own version of a seat for the T800 and had a loaner bike on its way to them so they could develop their seat design. He asked if he could keep my seat a bit longer and use it for the development process, which I of course agreed to.

I got a call from him last week. He said the foam was done and it was headed to upholstery, and would then ship to me. They must have worked fast because I received it yesterday.

You can clearly see the dished area towards the back of the seat. The dish is actually a bit more than you can see in the photos because the vinyl seat cover tends to float a bit and doesn't fully represent the shape.

I rode the bike about an hour yesterday. I generally need a bit of time on a seat to get used to it but I can say without a doubt this seat is worlds better than either the stock seat or the Triumph gel seat (which I would be happy to sell at a discount to anyone who wants to try it). The dished area provides a lot more support across a much larger area, and I can still easily move from the dished area up onto the nose of the seat for a change if desired. Having owned several Sargent seats over the years I knew the foam would be a huge improvement, and was not disappointed.

I believe Sargent will release their seat somewhere around September, but for anyone who wants to have them make one based on the stock pan they should now have templates based on the one they made for me.

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote