ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #13681
Andylaser
Heavy Metal
 
Andylaser's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Southampton UK
Oddometer: 996
Hepco & Becker Xplorer TC45 top case fitted. Also added some reflective decals.





__________________
Sent from my binary data processing apparatus using magic and wires

OLD SKOOL HEAVY METAL
Andylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #13682
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,183
location of ABS control module

It's not clear in my maintenance manual where the ABS control module (not modulator) is located. I believe it is near the instrument panel but I can't quite see in that area well enough to confirm and would prefer not to waste my time taking stuff apart unnecessarily once I am ready to do this. I want to pull a signal from the connector to the abs module for my pro-oiler. Can anyone verify the control module location?
Thanks
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #13683
fbj913
I ride
 
fbj913's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KC MO
Oddometer: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
It's not clear in my maintenance manual where the ABS control module (not modulator) is located. I believe it is near the instrument panel but I can't quite see in that area well enough to confirm and would prefer not to waste my time taking stuff apart unnecessarily once I am ready to do this. I want to pull a signal from the connector to the abs module for my pro-oiler. Can anyone verify the control module location?
Thanks
I believe it's in front of the battery. You have to take the front plastic seat mount off to get to it. The ABS box is there. Not sure if its official name is ABS control module... but it is related to the abs
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #13684
fbj913
I ride
 
fbj913's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KC MO
Oddometer: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by av_mech View Post
After 18,700 miles of riding, I finally had to do a trail side flat repair.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This worked awesome!!! I worked the tire away from the rim just a bit to that safety lock deal. Lean the bike over and the bead popped with out any issue. Super easy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

New tube installed and re-inflating.

Photobucket

52 minutes. Back on the road!

Photobucket

I'll be doing the tubeless mod this week when I pull the 21 in. tube out of the rear. This would have been an easy plug and go.
I don't even want tell you how many flats I've had because I feel like I may jenks myself. Glad to see you got it all changed out! I'm thinking of just having woody's do my rear tire topeless (or tubeless for all you others) and super lacing it while they are at it!
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #13685
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
I believe it's in front of the battery. You have to take the front plastic seat mount off to get to it. The ABS box is there. Not sure if its official name is ABS control module... but it is related to the abs

I think you are referring to the modulator which is located in front of the battery, not the same as control module.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #13686
fbj913
I ride
 
fbj913's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KC MO
Oddometer: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I think you are referring to the modulator which is located in front of the battery, not the same as control module.
Oh, my bad. Maybe under the tank? The tank on this bike pisses me off! Why oh why no hinge??? Would it have taken that much time to put on a fricken hinge???
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #13687
bross
Where we riding to?
 
bross's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Osoyoos, BC
Oddometer: 4,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
Oh, my bad. Maybe under the tank? The tank on this bike pisses me off! Why oh why no hinge??? Would it have taken that much time to put on a fricken hinge???
Gotta make choices somewhere, add a hinge here, a couple brackets for a bolted on sub frame and then everyone's bitching cause the Tiger weighs as much as the Tenere.

I've never used the hinge on bikes that have had it anyway because usually it's not quite enough room to do what you need to do anyway.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #13688
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer
 
Marsh Tiger's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Low Country SC
Oddometer: 549
Here ya' go Cyclingtom... (that's not rust, it's thread lock.)

You could probably find a better pict on the UK Tiger800 forum. But I think you can get the idea from this. I'd go with a 5" arm if I did it over. The 3" is a little tight for this application.



Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #13689
T
Yippee Ki Yay
 
T's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: DE
Oddometer: 5,079
^Thanks MT. I've got the same GPS unit and I liked the location of yours. Think I'll give this a go tomorrow.
__________________
Inconsequential Adventurer
T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #13690
Masterblaster
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: S Fla
Oddometer: 34
Finally got my "adventurish" bike, glad its classified as a beast.2012 Tiger Roadie.
Masterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #13691
marloweluke
The Flying Dutchman
 
marloweluke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: East Kootenay
Oddometer: 149
Rear end wallow

OK, I'll put this out there for you riding roadies briskly. On a 5200 km road trip with luggage I noticed the rear end starting to wallow on fast sweepers. Now I put it down to the extra luggage, although I had the preload cranked right in. Riding this weekend with the luggage off I'm having the same issue. Rear end start penduling (?) when cranked over at high speeds. I suspect this is a lack of rear rebound, but as I searched here and the Triumph Tiger 800 forum I haven't really found anyone else having the same issue. When the shock was hot after a ride I bounced the back of the bike down and it does seem to return too quickly. When the shock is cool it is noticeably slower in returning. Anyone else out there having this problem? At 12,000 km's the shock should not be worn out yet and I think it is too early to be spending money on aftermarket improvements. I don't mind doing that after say 40k when the shock would be worn out.
I checked the headstock and have no noticeable play. Tires are still in good shape with correct pressures. Rear wheel is aligned properly. TIA.
__________________
WITHOUT RISK........THERE IS NO ADVENTURE
marloweluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:33 AM   #13692
motomuppet
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by marloweluke View Post
OK, I'll put this out there for you riding roadies briskly. On a 5200 km road trip with luggage I noticed the rear end starting to wallow on fast sweepers. Now I put it down to the extra luggage, although I had the preload cranked right in. Riding this weekend with the luggage off I'm having the same issue. Rear end start penduling (?) when cranked over at high speeds. I suspect this is a lack of rear rebound, but as I searched here and the Triumph Tiger 800 forum I haven't really found anyone else having the same issue. When the shock was hot after a ride I bounced the back of the bike down and it does seem to return too quickly. When the shock is cool it is noticeably slower in returning. Anyone else out there having this problem? At 12,000 km's the shock should not be worn out yet and I think it is too early to be spending money on aftermarket improvements. I don't mind doing that after say 40k when the shock would be worn out.
I checked the headstock and have no noticeable play. Tires are still in good shape with correct pressures. Rear wheel is aligned properly. TIA.
Sounds like your shock is done. My 2006 speed triple shock was awful after 10,000km and I replaced it. Same symptoms as yours...became a pogo stick in faster corners, rebound damping was gone.
motomuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:12 AM   #13693
marloweluke
The Flying Dutchman
 
marloweluke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: East Kootenay
Oddometer: 149
Rear end wallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomuppet View Post
Sounds like your shock is done. My 2006 speed triple shock was awful after 10,000km and I replaced it. Same symptoms as yours...became a pogo stick in faster corners, rebound damping was gone.
Do you think warranty would cover a new shock? Perhaps hard to prove the rebound is gone?
__________________
WITHOUT RISK........THERE IS NO ADVENTURE
marloweluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #13694
fbj913
I ride
 
fbj913's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: KC MO
Oddometer: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by marloweluke View Post
OK, I'll put this out there for you riding roadies briskly. On a 5200 km road trip with luggage I noticed the rear end starting to wallow on fast sweepers. Now I put it down to the extra luggage, although I had the preload cranked right in. Riding this weekend with the luggage off I'm having the same issue. Rear end start penduling (?) when cranked over at high speeds. I suspect this is a lack of rear rebound, but as I searched here and the Triumph Tiger 800 forum I haven't really found anyone else having the same issue. When the shock was hot after a ride I bounced the back of the bike down and it does seem to return too quickly. When the shock is cool it is noticeably slower in returning. Anyone else out there having this problem? At 12,000 km's the shock should not be worn out yet and I think it is too early to be spending money on aftermarket improvements. I don't mind doing that after say 40k when the shock would be worn out.
I checked the headstock and have no noticeable play. Tires are still in good shape with correct pressures. Rear wheel is aligned properly. TIA.
My rear shock is done at 13000 miles. Granted my bike has been ridden hard with a lot of off road. I would call your dealer and ask what the warranty is on the shock. I am going to have them look at mine this Friday when they replace my center stand. On the other hand, I really want better performance out of mine. So, I'll probably just have it all redone.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #13695
Rob Dirt
More or less in line
 
Rob Dirt's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Mobile
Oddometer: 2,548
Question Unwanted XC handlebars wanted

Does anybody have some stock XC handlebars that they don't want? I bent mine on a get-off & kinda like the stock bars.
Sorry for the spam, but I can't afford new bars right now. I may have to use some off of another bike.
__________________
Heart of Dixie
Rob Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014