Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #14281
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Only rode to work with it so far, but man, ... I'm so going to replace the rear shock as soon as possible ...
People only look at the price, without considering what they are and do. I had a set in my Daytona 675 and, now, have them in my Tiger 1050. I went with a Penske 8983, from Traxxion, as well.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #14282
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,266
Quote:
Only rode to work with it so far, but man, ... I'm so going to replace the rear shock as soon as possible ...
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #14283
the_babaji
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Eastern Beaver for my Tiger

Hi Guys,

Just ordered a Stebel Horn, and will want to tidy up my wiring. I really hate all those ring connectors haning of my battery.
  • battery tender
  • heated vest
  • gps
  • horn
  • etc...

So I am looking at an Easter Beaver PC-8
http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Pr...PC-8/pc-8.html

I am wondering if any tiger owners have installed one of these and can help me out with maybe a pic of where they installed it, how they like it. Also there are so many options on that page when it comes to ordering one. If someone can help me out. Do I want the PC-8 alone or with the 30A relay kit or the short one, or the 50A version?

Other questions needed for ordering
  • battery lead lengths, equal or pos lead +6 inches ?
  • posi taps?
  • protective diode
  • mounting options?

Sorry for all the questions, I am hoping someone has been down this road and can share some guidance.

Thanks in advance
the_babaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #14284
the_babaji
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
And now for a little Tiger pron

Not Sure if this has been posted already?

the_babaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #14285
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Okay, very preliminary review of the Traxxion AK-20 cartridges in my Tiger Roadie.

Main impression: Holy Shit! Why didn't I do this earlier?

Some more details:
  • The ride is more comfortable and less harsh, but it is actually a bit firmer overall. It's not more "plush", but it is more "comfortable".
  • When I rode my "long way home" I thought that it felt similar on Highway 9 in the faster corners until I noticed that I was about 25% faster than what I normally ride there. Again - holy shit. The ride is so much more stable in fast corners.
  • Short bumps are absorbed nearly completely. When you ride over these dreaded lane markers on the freeway, they are barely noticeable in the front now, while the rear is still a bit harsh. Again, this was a "WTF - did I hit that thing or not?"-moment. Very nice.
  • The OEM front in comparison is a pogo stick. The bouncing is nearly completely gone, I can feel the remaining part clearly coming from the shock bouncing a bit more than it should.
  • Rider sag is 50mm with me without jacket and without helmet (measured at home to be certain), when we measured this morning in the shop it was 55mm with helmet and jacket. Pretty much perfect for the 180mm travel of the fork.

Overall I'm super happy with the results I have noticed so far. I guess the more I ride the bike now on my preferred roads, the more will I notice the difference.

Some more thoughts:

Q: Is it worth the money?

A: Depends. If you want adjustability, yes, it is. If you want a task targeted suspension only, no. What I'm saying here is that I had two main requirements: I wanted to be able to adjust for two up with luggage touring and for one up back road blasting. A re-spring + valving change would have either made one of the two perfect or a good compromise between the two. Now I can adjust for both scenarios. Worth it for me. For you? No idea.

Q: What's the adjustability now?

A: I can adjust pre-load, compression, and rebound damping now. Both legs have pre-load adjusters, the left has compression, the right has rebound adjustment.

Q: How good are the default settings recommended by Traxxion?

A: Pretty much perfect for my taste for a non-track style backroad blast I did today. I'm not going to fiddle with them for the time being, other than maybe playing around with them just to find out what adjustment range is there.

Q: What spring rate do I have now?

A: The new spring is 0.875kg/mm. The OEM is 0.6kg/mm. When I rode the bike today, I used less suspension travel than before. Means I'm less likely to bottom out. Still the ride felt more compliant.

Q: Will I do the rear?

You bet. It will have to wait a while as I have just spend a large amount of money in luggage and front suspension, but I will do it once a rear shock assembly is available that is affordable and adjustable in the same values as my new front.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #14286
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_babaji View Post

Hi Guys,

Just ordered a Stebel Horn, and will want to tidy up my wiring. I really hate all those ring connectors haning of my battery.
  • battery tender
  • heated vest
  • gps
  • horn
  • etc...

I am wondering if any tiger owners have installed one of these and can help me out with maybe a pic of where they installed it, how they like it. Also there are so many options on that page when it comes to ordering one. If someone can help me out. Do I want the PC-8 alone or with the 30A relay kit or the short one, or the 50A version?

Other questions needed for ordering
  • battery lead lengths, equal or pos lead +6 inches ?
  • posi taps?
  • protective diode
  • mounting options?

Sorry for all the questions, I am hoping someone has been down this road and can share some guidance.

Thanks in advance
Get it with the relay kit. All EasternBeaver stuff is really well made. 30A is more than adequate.
Battery leads - -ve +6 inches. The battery orientation has the -ve towards the front of the bike.
You only need a posi tap for the switched relay feed. I tend to solder everything else. He does some nice connectors on his 3 circuit solution.
No need for a diode.
Stuffed mine down the side of the ecu.
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #14287
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
What's the story on all that?
Made the mistake of thinking that after the 1050 handguards Triumph would improve the 800 guards. They didn't. In fact they made them worse!!!!

My mark 1 extensions.
My mark 2 was to replace them with BarkBusters.
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:40 AM   #14288
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,862
Quote:
Not Sure if this has been posted already?

Holee Shit
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:51 AM   #14289
fxrjon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Icon did a photo shoot of that tiger (along with another in black), that they did for Limiter and their new fall catalog. You can see a couple of more shots here:

http://www.rideicon.com/bikes/1443/

They also did a film (advatorial) about it called Portland to Dakar that they are releasing shortly.

http://www.iconmotosports.net/patrol/
fxrjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:03 AM   #14290
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,610
Quote:

Hi Guys,

• battery tender
  • heated vest
  • gps
  • horn
  • etc...

I installed the "3 Circuit Solution" with one fuse unswitched. Very well made product.

http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Produc...3_circuit.html

jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:20 AM   #14291
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Holee Shit
That's what I thought at first too, and seeing a fair amount of Touratech toys on that bike (fender raised, bash plate, exhaust guard, rad guard, aux lights) made me wonder why they painted and reinstalled the stock handguards.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:27 AM   #14292
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
That's what I thought at first too, and seeing a fair amount of Touratech toys on that bike (fender raised, bash plate, exhaust guard, rad guard, aux lights) made me wonder why they painted and reinstalled the stock handguards.

That's too funny - that is exactly what I thought also - first thing that jumped out at me was 'why the heck are they using the stock handguards'

I'm not a big fan of Icon or their gear but I do like their fascination with Triumph these - their vids with the Speed Triple were pretty damn good.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #14293
Rabbot
rain+superbike=adventure

Oddometer: 549
[QUOTE=Mercury264;19575818] That's too funny - that is exactly what I thought also - first thing that jumped out at me was 'why the heck are they using the stock handguards'

Me Too.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #14294
Escoffierx
Amateur

Oddometer: 1
Mivv Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
Fellow Tiger owners...has anyone got MIVV exhaust on their Tiger? If so - would it be by any chance possible to take photo directly from the back and then from the top of your set up? I am in desperate need to change exhaust but looking for something that will let me save few cm on rear width (to build symmetrical luggage rack). And any feedback on MIVV will be very appreciated. I do plan to run it always with DB killer - just for information.
I took 2 quick shots of the Mivv pipe (back and Profile), I have the quick release Givi Mounts for the MonoKey system on the bike for reference. Plenty of clearance. One thing I really don't like about the Mivv is that it is a 2 part pipe with a tension spring and with that 2 part pipe it was a snug fit to get it to not touch near the foot peg part of the frame. Even still it only has 2-3mm clearance to the frame. http://o7.no/QjuxlZ http://o7.no/QjuEOx
Escoffierx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #14295
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,198
THANK YOU!

This is exactly what I needed. I think now it's down to 2 - either this or LeoVince.
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote