Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #14311
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,376
[QUOTE=Rabbot;19576582]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
That's too funny - that is exactly what I thought also - first thing that jumped out at me was 'why the heck are they using the stock handguards'

Me Too.
And me........................
Old 09-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #14312
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowaystx View Post
For the record my friend Andy is the guy that posted the pics of the Mivv pipe. I have an arrow pipe (which i love) but the mivv is materially smaller, it barely sticks out past the turn signals. He told me he will take more pictures with a tape measure - just ask him what you want measured and i'm sure he will put it up for you. It's a nice pipe I'll say that, but it is a slip on. I prefer the one piece arrow myself. Price is about the same.
Thank you!!!!
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #14313
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_babaji View Post
Thanks KildareMan, that is helpful. I am wondering if the uni filter; I have on order will interefere with placement of the pc-8 as you have described it. I am not too clear where you have yours.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
When you fit the Uni-Filter you remove the snorkel. That's where the pc-8 goes.

Look to the left of the word "Triumph". That's the snorkel. Remove it.

KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #14314
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbot View Post
Why did you discount the Arrow? Mine is great.
Arrow + Arrow tune makes the Tiger a thirsty pig for no discernible improvement over any of the after market exhausts.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #14315
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by KildareMan View Post
Arrow + Arrow tune makes the Tiger a thirsty pig for no discernible improvement over any of the after market exhausts.
I agree the Arrow pipe/tune will increase Tigers thurst. The performance improvement of the pipe/map combination comes as much from the tune as the pipe. Other after market pipes will also require a tuning change to gain full benefit. Ya gotta burn nore fuel for a bigger bang if ya want more power.

Regards, Paul
Old 09-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #14316
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,298
black version of Triumph sump guard?

Does anyone have a photo of the Triumph sump guard that's been powder coated black and fitted to the bike?

I have the sump guard and think I would like it better in black, but wanted to see a photo first if there is one available.

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #14317
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadscum View Post
I agree the Arrow pipe/tune will increase Tigers thurst. The performance improvement of the pipe/map combination comes as much from the tune as the pipe. Other after market pipes will also require a tuning change to gain full benefit. Ya gotta burn nore fuel for a bigger bang if ya want more power.

Regards, Paul
Not true.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #14318
the_babaji
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by KildareMan View Post
When you fit the Uni-Filter you remove the snorkel. That's where the pc-8 goes.

Look to the left of the word "Triumph". That's the snorkel. Remove it.

So it's one or the other, not both? or do you tuck the pc-8 down below where the snorkel / unifiler would go?
the_babaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #14319
queenpdog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 964
This week some of the goodies I've ordered for my new Tiger started to arrive. I installed Rox Risers, AltRider rear rack, and SW Motech's crash bars. All nice quality stuff, but the install on the crashbars was a total bitch. If you go this route, get yourself a super duper long extender for your ratchet set. My hands still hurt from shoving them into the tiny spaces needed to finally tighten the upper bolts.

The AltRider rack wasn't a great fit. I had to drill the mounting holes larger to get them to line up enough to get a good fit. I'm glad it's done. Next up are the Triumph heated grips. Loving this bike...the Rox Risers made it soo much more comfy.

'12 Tiger 800XC
'01 TW200
So long Street Triple R, Scrambler, R1150R, F650GS, R100RS....I've loved you all.
queenpdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #14320
81husky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Okay, very preliminary review of the Traxxion AK-20 cartridges in my Tiger Roadie.

Main impression: Holy Shit! Why didn't I do this earlier?
Thanks for the input. I've been thinking about suspension upgrades, but wasn't sure what to do. Thought about Sasquatch, but that may not be an option anymore. Now, where do I find $1200?
81husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #14321
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81husky View Post
Thanks for the input. I've been thinking about suspension upgrades, but wasn't sure what to do. Thought about Sasquatch, but that may not be an option anymore. Now, where do I find $1200?
Don't get me wrong: I would have gone with a valving / re-spring work in the front for less than half the price if the following points were true:

1) I'd ride more than 80% a specific style, either touring or backroad fun, doesn't matter, just the overwhelming majority in one of the two.

2) If there was something that would be cheaper and adjustable.

The Traxxion system is

a) potentially re-usable, I can take it off the bike, send it to Traxxion and they re-work it for my next bike for a manageable fee;

b) fully adjustable for pre-load, rebound and compression;

c) well reviewed on the web.

I like the result and that's all that counts.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:28 AM   #14322
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_babaji View Post
So it's one or the other, not both? or do you tuck the pc-8 down below where the snorkel / unifiler would go?
The uni filter does not extend further back than the plastic bridge that the battery strap attaches to in photo. You can't have the snorkel still attached with a uni filter installed, so 1 bolt to remove it and space left for other things, ala EasternBeaver PC-8
Old 09-14-2012, 04:33 AM   #14323
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Not true.
Not technically perhaps. But without moving more air, and consequently more fuel, you will not get any performance change. Some exhausts just let the ECU do the work. I guess that's based on either the difference in flow being within the ability of the ECU to adjust the air/fuel mix. Or maybe they expect the buyer to have a mechanic do the install?

The other part of the equation is what you do with the additional extra ponies... Riding nicely, gearing up / shorting seems to counterract the richer mix, so those 2HP or whatever might be giving back some of what was taken away...

fackit, I just wanna ride the damn things. I'll let the smart guys tell us all the science lessone.

Chris
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #14324
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81husky View Post
Thanks for the input. I've been thinking about suspension upgrades, but wasn't sure what to do. Now, where do I find $1200?
If you watch Traxxion's site, during the off-season, they run promotions. They're not real active on Facebook and are fairly new to it, so I don't know if they'll post any promotions there.

In Dec '09, they ran a promo. I was billed as follows:

AK-20 cartridge kit - $999.95
Installation - $200.00
Service discount - subtract $200
Promotion discount - subtract $299.90
Shipping - $25.75
Total - $725.80

Penske 8983 shock - $775.00
Hyperco spring - $99.95
Shipping - $12.33
Total - $887.28

Part of that promotion was the purchase of a Penske shock. I was billed just as it's shown, with my shock coming later and being billed at full retail. However one looks at it, the combined discount was $499.90, with the purchase of the package.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #14325
Wandering Dane
We are the luckiest guys

Oddometer: 305
Brake Upgrade

After riding a couple of current sport bikes recently, the brake lever on my Roadie with ~8,000 miles felt wooden and lacking in responsiveness.

Replaced front and rear pads with EBC type HH; what a difference! Perhaps not quite as responsive as 4 or 6 piston calipers but a major improvement. $108, free shipping, Motorcycle Superstore.

Has anybody upgraded calipers / rotors? Some Suzuki WeeStrommers use GSXR calipers with good results, for example.
Wandering Dane is offline   Reply With Quote