Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #14386
doxbike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYG RYDR View Post
39-all of the filters paid for, are boxed and ready to be shipped tomorrow, via USPS. YEAH!!!

Still waiting payment for 13 and a mailing address for another.

Please direct discussion to here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=818121&page=8
Thanx again
doxbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #14387
doxbike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 269
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
Yeah, I was pretty envious, too. I guess, if you have no regard for your equipment (like a stunta'), you continually keep trying stuff and finding what you can get away with or better at.
Even with no regard for the bike, I couldn't do that in my best days, which, btw, are long since gone

Maybe if I got an outfit, I could do it?
doxbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #14388
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,394
The jacket and pants look great in the catalogue. Claim to be waterproof and so forth.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:48 AM   #14389
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasVolomitz View Post
The jacket and pants look great in the catalogue. Claim to be waterproof and so forth.
They could really increase their market acceptance by eliminating the "sponsor" logos and doing an "adult" color option. I guess, that's why Parts Unlimited has the Moose line.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #14390
NSpooner
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
They could really increase their market acceptance by eliminating the "sponsor" logos and doing an "adult" color option. I guess, that's why Parts Unlimited has the Moose line.
They have a standard Patrol line without all that stuff.
NSpooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #14391
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,394
The ads mention the Dakar dream and so forth. Us old guys could do without the sponsor stuff but I think they are trying to get the younger crowd interested in adventure riding.
They do well with the gixxer crowd, stunters and such. They certainly are making a stab at adventure riders.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #14392
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSpooner View Post
They have a standard Patrol line without all that stuff.
I hadn't seen that before. Looks like it's fairly new, to the lineup. I like the "Camelbak" feature.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #14393
NSpooner
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
I hadn't seen that before. Looks like it's fairly new, to the lineup. I like the "Camelbak" feature.
It's actually been out about 3 years now.
NSpooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #14394
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 5,299
I thought the 'patrol' line was from FLY RACING. Which BTW is pretty good cheap gear. MSR has a couple of pieces that are decent as well.

Out here it's Klim country. Any given ride it's like a sea of klim klones.
I have to admit though, they do a pretty good job with their features and construction. Only their high-end stuff is out of sight price-wise. The rest is on the high end of reasonable.

I did not realize Icon was actually going to put all the sticker shit on their gear. I'd be more willing to try it out without all that hoopla.

Scott is another one to check out. Even alpinestar has something once in awhile.
browneye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #14395
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Not sure if you can get Dririder there, but they have a Rallycross Pro 2 I think it's called... with a hydration bladder pocket built in too.
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #14396
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSpooner View Post
It's actually been out about 3 years now.
Geez, I feel like I'm way out of the loop, as I left the industry ~7yrs ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Chris View Post
Not sure if you can get Dririder there, but they have a Rallycross Pro 2 I think it's called... with a hydration bladder pocket built in too.
I've been throwing my Camelbak bladder in a tankbag, as I didn't care for riding with a backpack. However, these jackets look like a nice compromise.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #14397
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,354
Quote:
Geez, I feel like I'm way out of the loop, as I left the industry ~7yrs ago.

I've been throwing my Camelbak bladder in a tankbag, as I didn't care for riding with a backpack. However, these jackets look like a nice compromise.
IMO using the bladder built into the jacket sucks. They pull the jacket back and it's anoying as all hell. just my 2c
fbj913 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #14398
IL8APEX
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Eh? Position of the Handlebar Risers

After almost two weeks of ownership now I've been bothered by two things about this bike: The aerodynamics around the screen and the ergonomics while standing.

The wind blast off the stock screen hits me in the arms, shoulders, and top of the helmet. Annoying. And Loud. Very loud. When I duck behind the screen or stand up to get out of the blast things quiet down considerably. Which brings up point number two...

While standing I've noticed that the footpegs seem like they're too far forward. The reach down to the bars is awkward, almost like reaching in your back pockets for the handlebars. (Oddly I remember the "pegs forward" comment from one of the magazine reviews as well.)

After installing my center stand the other night I got to thinking about the pegs forward issue, and was thinking that maybe it wasn't the pegs forward but the bars rearward that bothered me. I loosened the stock risers (damn, they're tall!) and rotated them around 180 degrees to the forward position.

Revelation! The tank is still damn wide between the knees, but the bar to peg relationship is much better now while standing.

How does this relate back to the windscreen? Well, I was thinking about cutting it short or removing it altogether. I imagine this will go with the bars forward mod like peanut butter and chocolate, each making more sense when the other is nearby. Think I'll have to go check out that short PowerBronze screen I saw awhile back so I can get my noggin out into the breeze and quiet things down. Either that or the MadStad (which is too ugly, so I'll probably do the former).

I usually hear about people moving the bars rearward or installing other risers. Have other people rotated the bars to the forward position and liked it? Is this actually the factory position and I just got an odd setup?

-Tom
IL8APEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #14399
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL8APEX View Post
After almost two weeks of ownership now I've been bothered by two things about this bike: The aerodynamics around the screen and the ergonomics while standing.

The wind blast off the stock screen hits me in the arms, shoulders, and top of the helmet. Annoying. And Loud. Very loud. When I duck behind the screen or stand up to get out of the blast things quiet down considerably. Which brings up point number two...

While standing I've noticed that the footpegs seem like they're too far forward. The reach down to the bars is awkward, almost like reaching in your back pockets for the handlebars. (Oddly I remember the "pegs forward" comment from one of the magazine reviews as well.)

After installing my center stand the other night I got to thinking about the pegs forward issue, and was thinking that maybe it wasn't the pegs forward but the bars rearward that bothered me. I loosened the stock risers (damn, they're tall!) and rotated them around 180 degrees to the forward position.

Revelation! The tank is still damn wide between the knees, but the bar to peg relationship is much better now while standing.

How does this relate back to the windscreen? Well, I was thinking about cutting it short or removing it altogether. I imagine this will go with the bars forward mod like peanut butter and chocolate, each making more sense when the other is nearby. Think I'll have to go check out that short PowerBronze screen I saw awhile back so I can get my noggin out into the breeze and quiet things down. Either that or the MadStad (which is too ugly, so I'll probably do the former).

I usually hear about people moving the bars rearward or installing other risers. Have other people rotated the bars to the forward position and liked it? Is this actually the factory position and I just got an odd setup?

-Tom
I rode the Triumph tour screen and it was good. You may try to find a dealer that'll let you demo one. Also, there are adjustable windscreen mounts available. Putting one on my 1050 made a world of difference. However, I've always worn earplugs, too.

Going from my 1050 to the 800 definitely felt like the 800's pegs are forward. Not bad; just different. I didn't try to stand up, as I had my GF with me.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #14400
Flying Dave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
After taking my trip and standing on the pegs on occasion I want wider pegs. Any options out there you folks have tried?
Flying Dave is offline   Reply With Quote