ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > British Beasts: Triumph Tigers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 12:09 AM   #14566
orv
Busted butt
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Location: CO
Oddometer: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubl-A View Post
Damn! Hope you're OK. Any major damage to the bike??
The deer cleaned out everything in front of the forks except the instrument pod and windshield. It was relatively simple to screw on the new plastic parts to make it whole again. Front tire, wheel, brakes and forks all survived without problems. It works perfectly.

I found excellent service from Triumph central warehouse. Parts were here in about three days. Also, they used ample thread locker at the factory. I was impressed.

Nine ribs and some road rash and six weeks of recoop and I'm good. 2k on the bike since rebuild. Lv it.
orv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:01 AM   #14567
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by orv View Post
The deer cleaned out everything in front of the forks except the instrument pod and windshield. It was relatively simple to screw on the new plastic parts to make it whole again. Front tire, wheel, brakes and forks all survived without problems. It works perfectly.

I found excellent service from Triumph central warehouse. Parts were here in about three days. Also, they used ample thread locker at the factory. I was impressed.

Nine ribs and some road rash and six weeks of recoop and I'm good. 2k on the bike since rebuild. Lv it.
Excellent. Glad you're all fixed. Could have been a lot worse by the sound of it.
__________________
3 - 1 black Tigers. 955i+800XC (sold)+800XC=113000 miles of fun.
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:07 AM   #14568
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion
 
MN_Smurf's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Oxford, MI
Oddometer: 2,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobIAm View Post
There is also one in the center of Kansas somewhere near Hutchinson… I've been there. It's where I learned that the Blackbird dates back to 1959, believe it or not.
The Kansas Cosmosphere is in Hutchinson....they have a Blackbird in the lobby.

http://www.cosmo.org/
__________________
'09 Kawi Versys

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy
MN_Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:22 AM   #14569
Adventure boy
Studly Adventurer
 
Adventure boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: London England
Oddometer: 568
Guys just about to buy one of these but can someone please tell me whats on the dash display ie
Clock
Gear position indicator
Temp guage

Does it have a trip computer like the 800GS

What are the service intervals is there a expensive service ie 10k

thanks guys the bike is 200 miles away they will deliver it friday if I say yes now !!
__________________
Live a little Love a little Ride a lot
Adventure boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:41 AM   #14570
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché
 
Yossarian™'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: the 'Ha
Oddometer: 9,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure boy View Post
Guys just about to buy one of these but can someone please tell me whats on the dash display ie
Clock
Gear position indicator
Temp guage

Does it have a trip computer like the 800GS

What are the service intervals is there a expensive service ie 10k

thanks guys the bike is 200 miles away they will deliver it friday if I say yes now !!
PM me with your email, and I'll send you the Owner's Manual on PDF. That way, you can study it before your bike arrives.
__________________
Successfully surviving motorcycling since 1976.
Yossarian™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #14571
Adventure boy
Studly Adventurer
 
Adventure boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: London England
Oddometer: 568
Thanks mate pm sent with email address
__________________
Live a little Love a little Ride a lot
Adventure boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:10 AM   #14572
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure boy View Post
Guys just about to buy one of these but can someone please tell me whats on the dash display ie
Clock
Gear position indicator
Temp guage

Does it have a trip computer like the 800GS

What are the service intervals is there a expensive service ie 10k

thanks guys the bike is 200 miles away they will deliver it friday if I say yes now !!
To paraphrase the old saying.....Just say yes. And welcome to the Tigers' cage on Friday.
__________________
3 - 1 black Tigers. 955i+800XC (sold)+800XC=113000 miles of fun.
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:19 AM   #14573
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 6,241
Yup. It doesn't much matter what's on the dash...there's a bunch of shit...just get the bike, you'll love it.
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
Camp Nelson 2014 RRLaguna Seca 2012 RRSequoia 3-Day CampoutThanksgiving 2012
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #14574
IL8APEX
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Detroit-ish
Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Yup. It doesn't much matter what's on the dash...there's a bunch of shit...just get the bike, you'll love it.
I will admit, I wonder why they omitted an ambient temperature display. The sensor is part of the FI system, why not just throw a number up on the screen?

-T
IL8APEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #14575
Dubl-A
SuckerDucker
 
Dubl-A's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: 505
Oddometer: 1,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL8APEX View Post
I will admit, I wonder why they omitted an ambient temperature display. The sensor is part of the FI system, why not just throw a number up on the screen?

-T
Good point, I would appreciate that indicator
Dubl-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #14576
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: central IL
Oddometer: 3,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL8APEX View Post
I will admit, I wonder why they omitted an ambient temperature display. The sensor is part of the FI system, why not just throw a number up on the screen?

-T
Same with my 1050 and its lack of a gear indicator. I'm sure, there's a gear position sensor in the trans.
__________________
'09 Triumph Tiger1050
'96 Ducati 900SS
'02 Suzuki SV650S (hers)
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #14577
deltamark
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: The Farmlands of NW Ohio near Delta
Oddometer: 45
Handlebar Mount Size

Have a 2012 Tiger XC800 and want to order a handlebar mount for an accessory thermometer. Anyone know what size the handlebar is? (7/8 -1" or more than 1") Can't find any spec on this. Thinking it's more than 1".
__________________
2012 Triumph Tiger XC, 1999 BMW R1100RT, 2013 Cabela Hiking Boots
deltamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #14578
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 6,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltamark View Post
Have a 2012 Tiger XC800 and want to order a handlebar mount for an accessory thermometer. Anyone know what size the handlebar is? (7/8 -1" or more than 1") Can't find any spec on this. Thinking it's more than 1".
They're tapered bars. 1-1/8" at the clamp, tapering to just under an inch. I dunno if standard 7/8" accy would fit the ends or not, and I'm not even sure if they're standard tapers like renthals or maguras and such. I have a hunch they are, they look just like the bars on my Husqvarna.

Accessory thermometer? Hmmm...I don't really want to know. If it's too cold or too hot I know it, don't really care what the exact degree is. It's not like riding in my car where I wanna know how hot or cold it is outside. Even then, I just roll the window down and stick my hand out.

You could fabricate a mount that goes under one of the bar mounts.
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
Camp Nelson 2014 RRLaguna Seca 2012 RRSequoia 3-Day CampoutThanksgiving 2012
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #14579
Xcountry-Rider
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Pine Valley, California (San Diego County)
Oddometer: 912
25K Triumph Tiger Review

A 25K rider review of the Tiger 800 XC http://socal-overlander.blogspot.com...5k-review.html.

Xcountry-Rider screwed with this post 10-12-2012 at 07:31 PM
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #14580
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 6,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz View Post
A 25K rider review of the Tiger 800 XC http://socal-overlander.blogspot.com...5k-review.html.

Hey, that's my buddy Craig, he's local here in so-Cal. Rode with him once long before I got my Tiger. Yep, he loves his.
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
Camp Nelson 2014 RRLaguna Seca 2012 RRSequoia 3-Day CampoutThanksgiving 2012
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015