Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 05:40 AM   #14806
The Jerk
Bring us some fresh wine!

Oddometer: 2,483
EBC HH Brake Pad Part Numbers

Hey guys,
My Tiger 800 ABS is due for brake pads and I just want to make sure I'm ordering the right ones (stupid EBC web site doesn't have their catalogue online anymore).

From what I've been able to gather, the front is FA226HH and the rear is FA140HH. Can anyone who has installed EBC HH brake pads on their Tiger 800 confirm?

Thanks!
The Jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:11 AM   #14807
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jerk View Post
Hey guys,
My Tiger 800 ABS is due for brake pads and I just want to make sure I'm ordering the right ones (stupid EBC web site doesn't have their catalogue online anymore).

From what I've been able to gather, the front is FA226HH and the rear is FA140HH. Can anyone who has installed EBC HH brake pads on their Tiger 800 confirm?

Thanks!
Everybody orders their stuff through one of the distributors. You can use their online catalogs, to get the correct part numbers. PU offers EBC. You may consider DP brakes, too.

Parts Unlimited - Application page here.

Tucker Rocky
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:28 AM   #14808
The Jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
Everybody orders their stuff through one of the distributors. You can use their online catalogs, to get the correct part numbers. PU offers EBC. You may consider DP brakes, too.

Parts Unlimited - Application page here.

Tucker Rocky
Thanks!!
So for the record, ADV world, it is indeed the FA226HH for the front and FA140HH for the rear on the Tiger 800.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #14809
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks!!
You're welcome.

I used to manage a parts department. Rather than act "holier than thou" to my customers, I'd always take the time to enlighten them as to what information is out there. In the end, I think it makes for a more informed and appreciative group of people.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #14810
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jerk
Thanks for the link to the catalog which would normally be super helpful, but the catalog that PU has online does not include the Tiger 800 at all. So can anyone confirm the EBC HH part numbers for the Tiger 800?
Haha! I must've been editing to add the application link as you posted the above response.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #14811
The Jerk

Quote:
Haha! I must've been editing to add the application link as you posted the above response.
No you added it but I was an idiot and was looking on the wrong page of the catalog!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #14812
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
No you added it but I was an idiot and was looking on the wrong page of the catalog!
With all your wrenching talent on the 1050, I expected that you could read a catalog.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #14813
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 602
Yes the ebc hh pads are deffo the way to go. Much better bite & feel.

Sent from my Tiger 800
KildareMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #14814
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,365
Quote:
With all your wrenching talent on the 1050, I expected that you could read a catalog.
I'm starting to get worried. Does riding a Tiger make us, ummmm, slower. First one guy puts his front wheel on backwards, then another can't read a catalogue... sh!t maybe there's something to this. I forgot to plug the fuel pump back in when I was checking the valves on my wife's Street Triple and had to pull the whole fricking thing apart again. Now that was a Street Triple but my Tiger was watching me the whole time.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #14815
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
I'm starting to get worried. Does riding a Tiger make us, ummmm, slower. First one guy puts his front wheel on backwards, then another can't read a catalogue... sh!t maybe there's something to this. I forgot to plug the fuel pump back in when I was checking the valves on my wife's Street Triple and had to pull the whole fricking thing apart again. Now that was a Street Triple but my Tiger was watching me the whole time.
That's OK.

I just did a F&R tire change on a Yamaha Stratoliner. The selling Yamaha dealer did the last set of tires, a couple years ago. The front wheel was in backwards. Easy to tell, when only one side of the wheel has a hub cover and the other side is exposed with a nice arrow to tell the "mechanic" which way it goes. On top of that, they scratched the front fender and only tightened one of the rear caliper bolts. Every bolt I encounted was of a differing level of tightness. Some people have laughed at my religious use of a torque wrench, but, I know that somebody's life is in my hands.

Likewise, I just did a F&R tire change on a Victory Vision. The selling Victory dealer did the last tire change. Both wheels were gouged like someone was operating a tire machine for the first time. At least, all the bolts felt evenly torqued.

I get a lot of business, in my home shop, because I use a No-Mar tire machine, torque wrenches, and give fair prices on tires and services. Glad to know my OCD is good for something, other than stress.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #14816
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,365
Quote:
I get a lot of business, in my home shop, because I use a No-Mar tire machine, torque wrenches, and give fair prices on tires and services. Glad to know my OCD is good for something, other than stress.
Crap, see I'm doing it all wrong. I have the same setup but haven't been charging my riding buddies a damn thing to change their tires. I'm like you and try to use a torque wrench any time I'm working in the shop. A good friend who is a very good mechanic laughs at me and says the last time he used a torque wrench was to pass his test in school. He does use a torque wrench for heads etc.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #14817
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Oddometer: 912
COBDR Summer 2013

I'm starting early planning next summers adventure. Looking for 10 ADV Riders to do the COBDR.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836897. Its early but that allows use to save some cash and plan vacations.

Xcountry-Rider screwed with this post 10-27-2012 at 08:55 PM
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #14818
live2ridetahoe
RN

Oddometer: 1,236
Quote:
That's OK.

I just did a F&R tire change on a Yamaha Stratoliner. The selling Yamaha dealer did the last set of tires, a couple years ago. The front wheel was in backwards. Easy to tell, when only one side of the wheel has a hub cover and the other side is exposed with a nice arrow to tell the "mechanic" which way it goes. On top of that, they scratched the front fender and only tightened one of the rear caliper bolts. Every bolt I encounted was of a differing level of tightness. Some people have laughed at my religious use of a torque wrench, but, I know that somebody's life is in my hands.

Likewise, I just did a F&R tire change on a Victory Vision. The selling Victory dealer did the last tire change. Both wheels were gouged like someone was operating a tire machine for the first time. At least, all the bolts felt evenly torqued.

I wish you were in the Bay Area... I'd come to you for service. I love OCD mechanics...

JG

live2ridetahoe screwed with this post 10-27-2012 at 08:55 PM
live2ridetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #14819
live2ridetahoe
RN

Oddometer: 1,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz View Post
I'm starting early planning next summers adventure. Looking for 10 ADV Riders to do the OCBDR.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836897. Its early but that allows use to save some cash and plan vacations.
Is that the Orange County Backcountry Discovery Route? What are we going to take side roads from mall to mall? Maybe we all get fake boobies at the end of the trip...

JG
live2ridetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #14820
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2ridetahoe View Post
Is that the Orange County Backcountry Discovery Route? What are we going to take side roads from mall to mall? Maybe we all get fake boobies at the end of the trip...

JG
Opps fixed :)
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote