Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #181
Skowinski
Deuterostome

Oddometer: 5,184
Yes, a very well preserved copper/silver one indeed.

Qwik - I've never ridden a turbo'd bike. 46 years riding, a few hundred thousand miles, probably a hundred different bikes. But, never a turbo!

Hey, what did the small airbox mod do for you, worth doing it? What did you set the lobe centers at? I'll probably degree them when I open it up for the first valve adjustment...

In memory of Nika: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990697
Skowinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #182
Benesesso
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwik View Post
Man thats Pretty. And subtle, You can barely see the turbo. ECS tuned? What are the numbers on it and just out of curiosity what are you asking?
Thanks. It has a Dynojet Power Commander 2, and boost is set for 10 psi max. The water injection (very fine mist) starts at 4 psi and reaches full spray at 10. The bike was set up professionally and dyno tuned, 250 RWHP.

I bought it a few years ago from someone who knew he was going to lose his job. The guy was meticulous as hell, did everything nice and neat. I've only ridden if a few times, and never had it past 4 psi at mid RPM (less than 6,000, where the power was REALLY starting to build). It was all I could do to hang on even then.

There is no detectable turbo lag at all, it's very smooth and seamless. Bike is fairly quiet too, just a low rumble. It passed Arizona emissions easily (hard to believe, but where I live we have to get bikes tested). It's presently geared +1 up front, no need to spin the engine while cruising.

Everything works well, no leaks, good tires, etc. This bike has not been raced or abused, probably has less than 5 minutes under boost total time. You just can't use much boost w/o suddenly being over 100 MPH.

The previous owner told me he had ~$18k in it. I'll take $7950, only because it has 40k miles. Seems everyone wants a bike with 5k miles these days, but this one sure looks and rides like new. Meanwhile, I'll keep riding my old '88 ZX10 Ninja with less than half the HP, because I'm way overdue to going down on the street, and sure don't want to do it on the Busa. Been riding since 1963, and so far haven't gone down, except of course on my dirt bikes, which happens every time I ride!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:34 PM   #183
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer: 6,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skowinski View Post
Yes, a very well preserved copper/silver one indeed.

Qwik - I've never ridden a turbo'd bike. 46 years riding, a few hundred thousand miles, probably a hundred different bikes. But, never a turbo!

Hey, what did the small airbox mod do for you, worth doing it? What did you set the lobe centers at? I'll probably degree them when I open it up for the first valve adjustment...
Find one and ride it. It will blow Your Mind. Small Box mod really lets the engine breathe in the upper revs. Super easy to do too. PM me if you want to know how. As for the cam degree, I will have to look up the numbers.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:31 PM   #184
Sport
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
They travel well too! Mine's been thru ten states so far without a hitch. Thank God for V1s though...
Attached Images

Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:50 PM   #185
onesaintsfan
BigJohnHart

Oddometer: 1,295
Super Speeder Laws (?)

I get to N. Georgia fairly regular. Tell Me More. Let me guess..........deals gap, Cherohayla, GA 60. are where they are focusing their efforts
2005 Chaparral 210ssi " Native Sun II "
onesaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:23 AM   #186
JohnnieWalker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
I have a 1999 copper and silver. And at 63 years old (me not the bike) this bike is my drug. I also ride a GSXR 1000. But for long distance rides the Busa is the way to go.
JohnnieWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:30 AM   #187
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 7,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesesso View Post

The previous owner told me he had ~$18k in it. I'll take $7950, only because it has 40k miles. Seems everyone wants a bike with 5k miles these days, but this one sure looks and rides like new. Meanwhile, I'll keep riding my old '88 ZX10 Ninja with less than half the HP, because I'm way overdue to going down on the street, and sure don't want to do it on the Busa. Been riding since 1963, and so far haven't gone down, except of course on my dirt bikes, which happens every time I ride!

god you're killing me

That is one gorgeous hell-of-a-sleeper, and I've always wanted a 1st gen Busa....I just have no idea WTF I would do with three bikes I don't have the time to ride two really.
Tripped1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:17 AM   #188
Skowinski
Deuterostome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
god you're killing me

That is one gorgeous hell-of-a-sleeper, and I've always wanted a 1st gen Busa....I just have no idea WTF I would do with three bikes I don't have the time to ride two really.
Well, go ahead, do it. You'll get over the "problem" quickly! (I understand, there are 9 in the garage, between me and the wife, who rides also, it's ridiculous)

Old 11-11-2011, 07:44 AM   #189
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict

Damn. And I only have four in the Garage. And I talked to My Mech and he says between 106 and 108 if you are running two intake cams.105-107 with stock setup.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:53 AM   #190
Skowinski
Deuterostome

Quote:
Damn. And I only have four in the Garage. And I talked to My Mech and he says between 106 and 108 if you are running two intake cams.105-107 with stock setup.
It's a blessing and a curse. 4 are the wifes, 5 are mine, and guess who has to do the work on them?

So, I'm running stock cams, that would be between 105-107 for both I assume, so 106 for both would work fine. I've got more questions about this, and the airbox mod. I'll PM ya instead of carrying on here...

Old 11-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #191
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 7,678
Sadly I don't have a garage and the landlord is getting pissy about the bikes on the portch lol
Tripped1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #192
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict

Told The Girl that if we move to some place without a garage they go in the house.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #193
Skowinski
Deuterostome

Quote:
Told The Girl that if we move to some place without a garage they go in the house.
Sounds fair enough!

Old 11-16-2011, 08:04 PM   #194
rivers
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 629
This one caught my eye a couple years back...

I wanted it pretty bad - then things went to crap.

rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #195
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict

Thats sweet. I would prefer the beatle bags but the Givis look pretty good. Love the Auxiliary lights on it too. That looks like an Iron Butt setup other than the lack of fuel. BTW I have been into Beaudry's. Nice looking shop.