User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
btcn OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
My scooter finally runs!

I had posted the thread about my Elite 150 with the blown engine earlier, and now I have installed the new motor that I bought off of ebay. It only took me a little while to install it. The engine came in a large wooden crate, and looked like it had not been started in years, and it have very few miles on it. So once I got the engine assembled in the scoot, I filled the radiator up with anti freeze, put fresh oil in the transmission and engine, and charged up the battery. It did not want to start at first, but after spraying some carb cleaner in the carb and messing with the vacume tube, it fired right up. It felt and sounded strong, and I could feel that it had great compression right away, unlike my old motor. I am currently on vacation and cannot wait to get back and ride it. But there is a problem. The problem is that the tube in the back of the transmission that goes to the air filter was way to long on this engine, so I pulled it out so that I could put the much shorter tube from my old engine on it, but now no matter what I do, I can not get either tube back into the hole. Any suggestions on how to get this back in? And will it damage the transmission or engine to ride with out it? Other than that, it is great.
Here are some pics of the new motor:

btcn screwed with this post 07-21-2010 at 11:24 AM
btcn is offline   Reply With Quote