ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #16
teamchaos
That should work!!

Oddometer: 119
If you guys go, do you plan on leaving Thursday morning?

My ride reports:
Troy, OR
Glacier National Park
Dayton, WA
teamchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:27 PM   #17
greatnortoni
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamchaos
If you guys go, do you plan on leaving Thursday morning?

Haven't really discussed it (must wait til the last minute ya know).
I was thinking more like Wednesday, but I need to inquire as to what RJM wants to do?
greatnortoni
greatnortoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #18
rjmorel
Dual Sporticus

Oddometer: 284
Do to work I was thinking Thur AM or possible Wed afternoon. but I just checked the date again and see it starts WED 28th. Dang I thought it started Thur so that changes things. I'm all for work less/ play more. Wed AM greatnortoni ?????
Teamchaos you need to drag your dad in on this one. I've gone the last 3 years and really enjoy it. Only about 3 hours away in some of the most gorgeous riding around planet earth.
L'bug we'll try and get more pics. I've gotten lazy in my later years and just forget half the time. Wish you could make it. rj
2012 Honda NC700x (Dual Sporticus) shaken ,not stirred
rjmorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #19
teamchaos
That should work!!

What is the webpage? I know you told me once but .... Let me look into it further and we might head over on Saturday.

My ride reports:
Troy, OR
Glacier National Park
Dayton, WA
Old 07-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #20
teamchaos
That should work!!

never mind

Amazing the information you get if you JUST READ the thread!!

Let me see what I can do and I'll let you know.

My ride reports:
Troy, OR
Glacier National Park
Dayton, WA
Old 07-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #21
rjmorel
Dual Sporticus

Oddometer: 284
for what it's worth. From the Rally site.

"Walk-up registration will be available at the rally site beginning July 28th at 9 am for $129 per person. No day passes will be sold."

I remember last year this was a problem as some people showed up for just one day and wanted in w/o paying the full $$$$ cause they would only be there one day. Got caught and kicked out. Hard feelings exchanged. I don't blame people for not wanting to pay full tilt for just a day or two and I don't blame the organizer cause he said it wasn't fair to the others that paid full price and wanted to be there for the whole time to let others in for less. Dammed if they do and dammed if they don't situation. So I suggest if any of you can only come for a day or two and you don't want to pay for the full price that we exchange cell # before and we can meet you outside somewhere. Nothing wrong with that. They do check everyone coming in for armbands all weekend.
Not wanting to discourage anyone from coming but just thought I'd give a heads up so there were no surprises.
I believe there is a camp site on the Oregon side and motels available if you aren't camping.
Heres my cell just in case 1-509-301-0287
rj
2012 Honda NC700x (Dual Sporticus) shaken ,not stirred
rjmorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #22
teamchaos
That should work!!

Thanks RJ for the heads up.

I'll give you a call if I leave on Friday. I'll also be at the Mill Creek Brewpub at 6:00 on Thursday for those who can make it.

My ride reports:
Troy, OR
Glacier National Park
Dayton, WA
Old 07-27-2010, 11:56 AM   #23
greatnortoni
Gnarly Adventurer

Thursday meet - up

I will be heading out to the Gorge Rally with RJM, so I'll miss this one, but there is plenty of summer left to hook of with everyone.
greatnortoni
Old 07-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #24
Smithee
F650 Beemerider

Oddometer: 269
Up the Tucannon?

OK. I'm a newbie to Dual Sporting. Thinking about meeting a friend from Lewiston Saturday and taking a ride up to the mountains. Either out of Dayton or Tucannon River Road. Anyone interested?
'05 Yamaha V-Star Classic "Ultra Star" (for sale, make an offer)
Spot Track SmugMug Photos
Smithee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #25
teamchaos
That should work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithee
OK. I'm a newbie to Dual Sporting. Thinking about meeting a friend from Lewiston Saturday and taking a ride up to the mountains. Either out of Dayton or Tucannon River Road. Anyone interested?
Are you thinking about riding up to Godman on Skyline Rd? Give me a call on my cell phone tomorrow or I'll see you at the brewpub. 540-4388.

My ride reports:
Troy, OR
Glacier National Park
Dayton, WA
Old 07-28-2010, 09:33 PM   #26
Smithee
F650 Beemerider

Quote:
Are you thinking about riding up to Godman on Skyline Rd? Give me a call on my cell phone tomorrow or I'll see you at the brewpub. 540-4388.
Meeting a buddy from Lewiston at the Dayton Golf course at 9:00 am for brekkie. From there??? Not sure.

I'll be at the Brewpub tomorrow at 6:00 pm. My work schedule cleared.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:00 PM   #27
teamchaos
That should work!!

Quote:
How did your ride go today Smithee?

My ride reports:
Troy, OR
Glacier National Park
Dayton, WA
Old 08-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #28
Smithee
F650 Beemerider

Quote:
How did your ride go today Smithee?
Ah... not entirely well. We met at the Sandtrap in Dayton (restaurant at the golf course). Had a great breakfast and then headed out the North Tucannon Road. Left on Hadley Gulch Road to the end then turned south. As we climbed the bike started acting up some, with misfires and some stumbling. Stopped several miles inside the NF boundary to take photos and... bike would not start. We eventually pulled the plugs and it is clear she is running way rich. Plugs were not fouled but blacker than charcoal. Cleaned them as best we could with the tools we had with us. I got her started and we headed down. As altitude decreased, performance got better.

I spent a fair amount of time researching this and think a carb rebuild might be in my future. The bike has 26,xxx miles on it, which is in the range where people can start having trouble with their carbs. I've checked the idle speed and the air filter (very clean). Today I'm going to check the choke (really a fuel enricher) to make sure it's not stuck in the open position. Also dumped a couple ounces of Seafoam in the tank and will run that through to see if it helps.

These bikes have constant velocity carbs in them. They're supposed to compensate for changes in altitude by sucking more air through the venturi. The fact that performance deteriorated at altitude and got better when we came down suggests all is not well in Carb World.

X marks the spot: http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?...74c542b8917c88

Old 08-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #29
greatnortoni
Gnarly Adventurer

Just because it has a constant velocity carb doesn't mean that it shouldn't be jetted accordingly!
What was the altitude you were riding at when it wouldn't restart?
Remember the "airport" @ wally world is under 1000'!
It may not mean that you need a "rebuild" it could just mean that it needs to be jetted closer to start with and make sure that the air filter is CLEAN & not over oiled etc. That's where I would start, just IMHO.
greatnortoni

Quote:
Ah... not entirely well. We met at the Sandtrap in Dayton (restaurant at the golf course). Had a great breakfast and then headed out the North Tucannon Road. Left on Hadley Gulch Road to the end then turned south. As we climbed the bike started acting up some, with misfires and some stumbling. Stopped several miles inside the NF boundary to take photos and... bike would not start. We eventually pulled the plugs and it is clear she is running way rich. Plugs were not fouled but blacker than charcoal. Cleaned them as best we could with the tools we had with us. I got her started and we headed down. As altitude decreased, performance got better.

I spent a fair amount of time researching this and think a carb rebuild might be in my future. The bike has 26,xxx miles on it, which is in the range where people can start having trouble with their carbs. I've checked the idle speed and the air filter (very clean). Today I'm going to check the choke (really a fuel enricher) to make sure it's not stuck in the open position. Also dumped a couple ounces of Seafoam in the tank and will run that through to see if it helps.

These bikes have constant velocity carbs in them. They're supposed to compensate for changes in altitude by sucking more air through the venturi. The fact that performance deteriorated at altitude and got better when we came down suggests all is not well in Carb World.

X marks the spot: http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?...74c542b8917c88

Old 08-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #30
greatnortoni
Gnarly Adventurer

Me & RJM @ Gorge Rally

I went to the Gorge Rally with RJM (he said that he was going to post some pics - good cuz I can't).
Sorry to have missed the Thursday night get-together, looking forward to it this week if we are still planning on it.

As for the Rally; it was WAY cooler than last year, very nice weather wise actually, did manage to get caught out in a late eve cloud burst while walking back to the rally grounds from the local Groc store. No big deal.
Attendance was down from last year. This time the manufacturer with demo rides was Kymco. They had several of there 300 & 500cc scooters there.
Ride West was there with a couple of bikes. Alt Rider was there, Lee Parks Design was there along with All Moto Tire changing tires and Happy-Trail too. Twisted Throttle and one of my fav's was the great folks from Giant Loop. There were a couple others but I can't remember them right now.
Lots of camping space and a good time. Good food was to be had in the little town of Stevenson and @ the rally too.
Looking forward to RJM's RR.
greatnortoni