Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.38 average. Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #586
Colemanfu
King of all manfu

Oddometer: 3,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandThumper View Post
Small balcony overlooking a bay off the Baltic. .
Pix of the view or it didn't happen .

I watch the show House Hunters International.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #587
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 4,960
We reside in a 650sqft living space. Of course it's inside a 4800sqft horse barn.
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #588
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Oddometer: 11,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
We reside in a 650sqft living space. Of course it's inside a 4800sqft horse barn.
As a young man, I used to fantasize about an old warehouse type space with clerestory windows, a big roll up door and a couple of man-doors, in which I would install a mezzanane for sleeping accommodations, a full bath and kitchen with dining and service below that.

Naturally it would be illegal as all hell, since the cars and bikes would park in the space - probably have to put up a fire rated demising wall, which would be better anyway for keep the place clean. But build the house like the "engineering offices" and it could be period looking too, if you had windows.

In my vision, there is an overhead hoist, preferably a grease pit or hoist, and room for lots of machinery. A mad-scientist's hangout, IOW.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #589
pilot
Slackin' again

Oddometer: 30,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Garcia O'Kely View Post
As a young man, I used to fantasize about an old warehouse type space with clerestory windows, a big roll up door and a couple of man-doors, in which I would install a mezzanane for sleeping accommodations, a full bath and kitchen with dining and service below that.

Naturally it would be illegal as all hell, since the cars and bikes would park in the space - probably have to put up a fire rated demising wall, which would be better anyway for keep the place clean. But build the house like the "engineering offices" and it could be period looking too, if you had windows.

In my vision, there is an overhead hoist, preferably a grease pit or hoist, and room for lots of machinery. A mad-scientist's hangout, IOW.
I think most all of us have that one.

The other 10% are sociopaths , serial killers and KLR riders. You wont get much sympathy from them.
-Furious D
pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:31 AM   #590
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot View Post

Suppose so, but all those old brick building south of market in SF that have now been turned into lofts....

Same for what used to be the wastelands of Denver, now "Lo-Do" I used to go there when My Brother's Bar was the only place of any note in the entire area.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:34 AM   #591
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,045
A treehouse????

http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2012/04/secret-treehouse-revealed-in-whistler.html
Old 05-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #592
swinterc
clotheslinetinyhomes

Oddometer: 215
clotheslinetinyhomes.com

Well my wife and I have finished and moved into our tiny home. It's 204 sq' and loving it. Yes we did have to get a storage unit that was 10'x7' and are working on getting that even smaller. I built a deck on the back that can carry the mtn. bikes and the DR650 if and when we travel in it and the couch folds up to store all the the gear. We just posted the ABC interview on our blog that is located at clotheslinetinyhome.com

We have had great comments on it and I'm working on the pricing options that I will give out soon. My wife and I have worked tirelessly for 11 weeks to build it and are very happy to be living in it. There is more then plenty of room for the both of us.

Anyway just wanted to share a bit of our story here and if you would like more then come on over to our blog at http://clotheslinetinyhomes.com/

Shane
swinterc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #593
Dave
Huh?

Oddometer: 2,611
[QUOTE=swinterc;18760962]Well my wife and I have finished and moved into our tiny home. It's 204 sq' and loving it. Yes we did have to get a storage unit that was 10'x7' and are working on getting that even smaller. I built a deck on the back that can carry the mtn. bikes and the DR650 if and when we travel in it and the couch folds up to store all the the gear. We just posted the ABC interview on our blog that is located at clotheslinetinyhome.com

We have had great comments on it and I'm working on the pricing options that I will give out soon. My wife and I have worked tirelessly for 11 weeks to build it and are very happy to be living in it. There is more then plenty of room for the both of us.

Anyway just wanted to share a bit of our story here and if you would like more then come on over to our blog at http://clotheslinetinyhomes.com/

Shane[/Q]

Congrats, Shane. I've following the blog, and I'm the guy that gave you some crap about the sink/shower combo.

I'm glad its all working out for you two. I hope the good times continue, and the orders start rolling in.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:39 AM   #594
Mr. J
Banned

Oddometer: 9,655
a lot of it looks awkward
Mr. J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #595
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,192
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot View Post
That ain't the half of it.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #596
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,192
On my way down south to view the eclipse last weekend, I drove past this place:

http://zipkithomes.com/site/

They make what is basically a "single wide," 398 sq ft for $32K and a 576 sq ft for $53K. Interesting. I'm trying to talk my brothers into throwing up one of the later on some mountain property my dad left us that's about 30 miles from the factory. We'll see what happens.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #597
SeanF
-

Oddometer: 2,138
Very well done!
Old 05-26-2012, 12:08 AM   #598
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,374
Quote:

I know a guy in Oakland who's done just that. The vid on my site with the power hammer, that's in the back of his place. Apartment in the front.

Proprietor of The Tidewater Forge
Hot iron is my passion. Fire is my mistress. Let's dance.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #599
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 4,960
Quote:
The apartment is where the two glass windows are.

2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #600
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Quote:
The apartment is where the two glass windows are.

That is the new fashion, metal barns - got a monster across the street, neighbor up the hill has an acre under cover! Everyone is getting those around here, they must be very economical to build.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: