User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
LandPirateMBC OP
Full blown child

Oddometer: 163
Stella help

Anyone having problems with clogged jets in their stella motors? I just got a P with a newish stella motor and I'm having problems with a "sludgyness" while In first and sometimes second. The bike kinda feels like its just not getting any fuel/power and it will more times than not die out when this problem occurs. My timing is good,and im getting good spark so I assume it must be a fuel problem of some sort. If anyone has had this problem I'd love feedback or suggestions.
LandPirateMBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
Dabears
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,179
hard to say- Main jet is super easy to remove and inspect (actually 3 pieces all pushed together). Low speed circuit is adjusted at the back of the carb through an inspection plug.

StellaSpeed has pages of discussion on setting this. There are tons of online data regarding tuning a Vespa as well. Ping me if you want them. If you're not familiar with this motor, seals always come up in discussions about running issues, so learn about that.

If there's been any kind of exhaust mod from stock, you'll need to determine what the best practice is for sizing jets against the exhaust type. These 2 stokes live and die (literally) based on jetting and carb adjustment. The stella is notorious for soft seizing due to lean factory settings which is correctable. I could give a bit of help if your P had the vespa engine, but not with the smaller 150cc Stella motor. Again, StellaSpeed is full o' helpful facts (an useless babble as well). Good luck with your new ride!

2012 SYM HD200 Evo
2006 R1200GS
1980 Vespa P200E
Dabears is offline   Reply With Quote