Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #181
Murphy Slaw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypgn View Post
She still has some street "smarts to learn however!
Don't we all......
Murphy Slaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:05 AM   #182
brokenhat
n00b

Oddometer: 8
My 2012

Hello from Nova Scotia! Here is my 2012. I've put 1000kms in it in 3 riding days. So far have Vario windscreen, Speedy lowering blocks, Speedy flatfoot, Axio tail bag, Wolfman Express tank bag, Barkbuster Storms, and Zumo GPS. This is my 2nd Versys had a new 2008 for 2 years.

Matt
brokenhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:36 AM   #183
Two J
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12

Added Pelican 1500's on Happy-Trail side racks.
Two J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:07 AM   #184
madisonreid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazjemo View Post

650 Globe Trotter
madisonreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:24 AM   #185
SloLife
Masher

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenhat View Post
Hello from Nova Scotia! Here is my 2012. I've put 1000kms in it in 3 riding days. So far have Vario windscreen, Speedy lowering blocks, Speedy flatfoot, Axio tail bag, Wolfman Express tank bag, Barkbuster Storms, and Zumo GPS. This is my 2nd Versys had a new 2008 for 2 years.

Matt
VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!! I've got the same bike but haven't had the time to go forward with all the tricks. How does that tail bag fit on the back end? It looks great!!!
2002 Yamaha R6
2012 Kawasaki Versys
SloLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #186
Versysguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Hello folks

I can't believe I missed this page. I have a 08 with 35sides and a 46 top. I put a Vario screen on and replaced the top
spoiler with the top third of the stock screen. Also replaced the front sprocket with one tooth larger. Have done a few multi state tours including a 10 state tour last year. I realy like the bike, but I don't think it would do for two up as well as it does solo.
With that in mind it will be leaving the nest to be replaced by a 2002 Goldwing. I will miss the Versys but I am keeping my 88 Hawk for a get out and play bike. I hope you guy and gals don't mind me sticking around as I shall hold a spot in my soul for the Versys.
Versysguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #187
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 5,074
2-Up Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versysguy View Post
>snip
I realy like the bike, but I don't think it would do for two up as well as it does solo.
With that in mind it will be leaving the nest to be replaced by a 2002 Goldwing. I will miss the Versys but I am keeping my 88 Hawk for a get out and play bike. I hope you guy and gals don't mind me sticking around as I shall hold a spot in my soul for the Versys.
We are looking at Super Tenere or Tiger 800 as a possible replacement for 2-up adventure. Other possibilities are Tiger 1050, Multistrada, any of the GS's depending on anticipated terrain.

The Versys works surprisingly well though, just not for more than a few hundred miles in a day and not with a lot of gear.
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #188
brokenhat
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloLife View Post
VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!! I've got the same bike but haven't had the time to go forward with all the tricks. How does that tail bag fit on the back end? It looks great!!!
Hi, the Axio tail bag has velcro straps that go around the bottom of the seat. Doesn't move a bit.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #189
Versysguy
Adventurer

Touring

Yes the Versys works as a solo tour bike very well. I did ten states in a week last year and wanted more. But as I said it was all solo. Up till now it was always solo for me, but now that we are empty nesters my better half will be joining me. I am so looking forward to having her along. There are so many things about traveling on a bike that a photo can never capture. All the sounds, sights and even smells. All of the people I have met. We two have shared so much in this life and now she will share this as well.
Ride well and often everyone.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #190
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versysguy View Post
Yes the Versys works as a solo tour bike very well. I did ten states in a week last year and wanted more. But as I said it was all solo. Up till now it was always solo for me, but now that we are empty nesters my better half will be joining me. I am so looking forward to having her along. There are so many things about traveling on a bike that a photo can never capture. All the sounds, sights and even smells. All of the people I have met. We two have shared so much in this life and now she will share this as well.
Ride well and often everyone.
Based on recent press reviews the best 2up bike actually seems to be the new Versys 1000.
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #191
brokenhat
n00b

A ride along the water today....

Along the Northumberland Straight in Nova Scotia. We have such great rides around these parts. :)

Old 05-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #192
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 5,074
2-up bike

We were out to the BMW dealer open house this weekend and sat on a few bikes, the two of us. She really liked the K1600, but geez, I said bike, not car.

The one we really liked the best was the GS1200. A friend of ours that has a GSA was there and was explaining the differences between the GS and GSA...spoked wheels, larger tank, lower first gear, etc. on the GSA. These things are kinda spendy, eh?

I also looked close at a Tiger 800XC in the parking lot and looks to be pretty comfy for two as well. Will want to go look and ride if possible.

And of course the Super Tenere. Looks like the Yamaha test ride semi will be out to our dealer in a couple of weeks and they're bringing one. We'll go out and get a test ride if possible.

My thinking is to not only get a road-going big bike for two, but something that will do adventure riding as well. It would replace my Versys as a tourer and exploring machine. Something capable offroad is desirable based on the types of terrain I find myself on.

This one caught my eye, and it's not even setup for two:

browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #193
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 30,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazjemo View Post

What wind screen is that and how do you like it?
Dranrab Luap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #194
Two J
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
^ Parabellum windshield, tall, tinted.
If it ever needs replaced, I'll order another one just like it. Works 'for me' better than the Givi I had before.
Two J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #195
Versysguy
Adventurer

Two up

Well we have the Wing and it sure is a nice ride. The missus is in love. She got herself new gear and wants to
ride. We have been progressing to longer rides so as to break her in nice and easy.Taking it in Fri. for new tires, the stock Dunlops are thin and I am a Bridgestone guy.