Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2010, 06:28 AM   #1
bwanacswan OP
Team Vicarious

Oddometer: 3,032
labral tear repair...anyone had it done?

Just put my two cents in on a running thread so before I look like a hypocrite about running injuries let me clarify this.

I have a labral tear in my right hip not related to running. From the MRI taken of my hip it appears that I sustained a labral tear due to trauma.

Most likely the tear is from a quad runner accident-bicycle crash-falling down steps-falling into a grain bin-MC accident-or some such thing.

Anyway, I need to have surgery to repair the damage and have the labram re-attached. Anyone had this surgery done and how are you doing?

Have been told this may delay a new hip for quite some time.

Thanks,

Bwana
ADV members, nothing but rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists.
bwanacswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:28 AM   #2
yeroc40
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 854
My wife had this done about 18 months ago. The surgery was pretty quick and non invasive. She walked out of the hospital. Things were good for awhile but it still acts up, and she's actually going back to the doctor in a couple weeks. One day it will be perfectly fine, then something shifts and she can hardly move it. I don't remember them reattaching the tear, it was more of a shaving down, smoothing out the area of the tear to prevent it from catching and causing pain. Perhaps they didn't get enough?
yeroc40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: