Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
kwisn OP
One Happy Dog

Oddometer: 8,412
The Old Guy's Tour vs.02

Upper Leftcoast, Lake Wenatchee, Washington
I told Fallsright (turnsleft) that I would pick him up at 6:00 AM. I was close. We're taking the new to me truck on it's first adventure so it's a goat rope to get everything where it needs to be.

In about 2 1/2 hrs we meet Wetsiderider at the Lake Wenatchee turnoff off Hwy 2. He has a NEW sweet 250 Husky that needs a proper de-noobing.

Uhh, what do you mean it won't start?

No worries, as a true adventure rider he takes her off the trailer and follows us to Alder Ridge Trailhead. He'll worry about the ride home at the proper time.
We gear up and take the lower Chikamin trail to "warm up". It's only in the low 80's here already. We stop at one of the stream crossings as Capt. Fallsright wants to get wet and do his salmon impression he's so famous for.

After we get all his scales wetted down up the trail we go. We get turned aroung by a blowdown on the Upper Chikamin, so backtrack to the Minnow Ridge Trail. What the heck, we've never been to most of these places and both trails meet up up the mountain anyhow.

Fallsright loves dirt for breakfast.

We motor up the hill towards Chikamin Tie Trail that would take us up to Mad Lake up on top of the range. Some pretty tight switchbacks (we learn later that these were nothing comapred to what's coming up) where in store.
And let the de-noobing begin!

When we get to the Tie we find this.

Closed to horses, mountain bikes and motorcycles because of "wet" conditions. OK, we get on the logging road and haul back to our original departure point. After a spot of lunch we go up Alder Ridge Trail.

Steep, rocky, and great switchbacks. Fallsright said one was so tight he saw the back of his head.

Weather is changing rapidly but now we're on top of the mountain so what are gong to do? Just enjoy the scenery, the ride, and your companions!

We decide to take the easy way down and have another great ride to Maverick Saddle. There were a couple of neat stream crossings but didn't stop for photos as we were getting wet. Dan's low fuel light was on so he went back towards his in-op beemer (and fuel) and we went back to the trailhead. He reported taking on 1.83 gallons into his 1.9 gallon tank. All of us were soaked. We meet up with Dan and as he's waiting on the tow truck we leave him to his beer and burger and we beat feet back over the mountain to the wet side.
Thanks you guys, another great ride. My GPS reported 402 total miles.

I think you'd look like less of an ass if you'd shut the fuck up more often. Boondoggle
kwisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
WetSideRider
Recidivist Dirtbag

Oddometer: 1,099
I got home at 1030pm with the disabled bimmer on a tow wagon with the Husky falling behind. The truck had to come from Ellensburg to pick me up so the wait for it to arrive was filled with drinking beer and having french fries at the 59'er Diner. I got the tow truck driver's life story on the way back, with several interesting sections of criminal activities described (not his).

Kwisn failed to mention the dislocated pinky I suffered on the way up to our high point of about 6800'. Also, his panorama doesn't do justice to the glowering clouds, thunder, and lightning we had at the top. Of course, he also didn't capture the "cow pissing on a flat rock" rain storm we had and which I rode 12 miles thru on the road. I got to share the Shell Station canopy with a half dozen drowned Harley Pirates, none of who had any raingear at all that I could tell. True optimists in the great Northwet.

Thanks, gents for another great ride. We should go back with Sirloynz so he can ride the bike for me when the going gets tough. He appears to be experienced at that
WetSideRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
turnsleft
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,479
No comment

Nice sign.

We did the Lower Chiwawa first. Then Alder Ridge on the next lap.

Lower Chiwawa, from here it got dusty.

Four guys that showed up before we got going.
They went up the Alder Ridge trail.

Kwisn on Alder Ridge trail.

Switch back; feet off the pegs, one dab.

You took a picture of that?
Yep that's what he got for letting me by.

Good days ride gents. I got to see the new Husky take a nap and Keith washed his bike on the way back to the truck. Lets do it again some time,
except for the pinkie thing, ouch.

We heard the Rangers [3] were out. Ran into four riders from the wet side
one with out a sparky, oops. Big time thunder and light show with a rain kicker. Keith chased a endangered salmon in one of the stream crossings.
turnsleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:22 PM   #4
oldx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,094
Good report and pictures.
About time for me to head over there to ride a few miles of dual sport.
oldx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #5
MasterChief
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,146
Looks like a fun ride
Old 08-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #6
kwisn OP
One Happy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldx
Good report and pictures.
About time for me to head over there to ride a few miles of dual sport.

Guess who's on vacation this week?
Guess who's got a kitchen pass all week?
Good guess.
I went over to where Karen rides her horses and mowed and mowed and mowed with their new JD and brush hog. I've got mega-points, need to use them quick. They don't seem to store well.

I think you'd look like less of an ass if you'd shut the fuck up more often. Boondoggle
Old 08-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #7
Rides1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Looks like a great time!! As always entertaining to read and cool picks. We need to get together soon and ride
Rides1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #8
kwisn OP
One Happy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rides1
Looks like a great time!! As always entertaining to read and cool picks. We need to get together soon and ride

We went Adventure Walking today. Kelvey thought climbing Sauk Mtn would be fun. First hike I've done in recent memory. Great view at the top, though.