Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2011, 05:02 AM   #1606
Unstable Rider
Sick Till Tuesday

Oddometer: 2,476
When will the upgraded brackets come down a lil in price for those of us who bought them long ago ?

wishful thinkin.

~Butch Cassidy
Unstable Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:16 AM   #1607
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 6,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
I got my 44's mounted finally .... cant wait to get them in the fishtank
.When will the upgraded brackets come down a lil in price for those of us who brought them long ago ?

mine mounted on my xrr

PM sent.

3 weeks solo: Overland Expo East ,Barber Vintage Fest and beyond
Ginger Beard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:51 PM   #1608
Sean-0
straya carnt

Oddometer: 4,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin4woods View Post
PM sent.
Thankyou my good man .... just as i thought .. great service from these guys ,,,, great seller IMO ... will and still recommend your service's
Sean-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #1609
heilong
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick-Till-Tuesday View Post
When will the upgraded brackets come down a lil in price for those of us who bought them long ago ?

wishful thinkin.

ADV Monster does stand up for their customers, so get your facts right before you post. I.e. if you have a question, give them a call (they have a phone number) and ask away, then go ahead and post your findings here. I've bought 4 Model 44 lights a while ago, and now when I heard about the heavy duty brackets, I naturally wanted them. So I asked and previous customers DO receive special treatment when buying these heavy duty brackets.
heilong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #1610
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct

Oddometer: 10,681
my aquarium lights are doing fine about 10K miles pdown the road (I also installed an aluminum spacer, for what that might be worth) . . . .

I don't care what they cost to make, they were a bargain in terms of price/utility . . .

of course, I could have returned my trail techs, again, for the third set of replacements . . . . . .

nah . . . .San's done right by me
"Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.” T.R.
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #1611
gonzo2k
Adliberator

Oddometer: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaRosa View Post
I've been lurking on this thread for a short while and even more so since I bought model 30 lights from gonzo2k. I was thinking about buying the 40's (and still am). I understand bikto to be clarifying is that these are lights that in his opinion are similar to the aquarium lights (also boat lights) he found in China. This may be so but (and this is what I would like to clarify) manufacturing in china uses the same housing and components for many different things. The main thing is the housing yet there are a number of places to get components and not all come from China. My company imports thousands of LED lights from china but our important bits come from the US or Germany. The housing is the same for a $10 LED Chinese light but the digital chip we use costs $13. The main difference is quality, one is 130 lumen and the ours is 280 lumen. One falls apart after a long camping trip ours lasts for years. Granted, same housing and they look the same, weigh the same, feel the same but they are NOT the same. Ours you get an UN-conditional guarantee, (yes even with the better quality components ours fail too) theirs you get no warranty other than buy another and try your luck.

I do not know sanjoh but I'm guessing he has put a lot into his light. He offers cap covers and accessories as well as support when someone asks him directly. He has addressed the mounting issue and hopefully it works. There are a few disgruntled inmates on here but there are many that their story turned around once they got the right answers.

The thing I've come away with here is 1) this is not a high end commercial product it is a work in process 2) buying a discount LED to save a few bucks over D2's is an individuals choice 3) Supporting another inmates efforts in bringing product to us is a personal choice. Sanjoh I'm sure has made very little money (if any) at this considering the time it takes to deal with issues, find solutions and continue to better his product. These have only been on here for a little over a year. Development takes time.

Clearly the next stage of this is for Sanjoh to step up his game or tell as all where to get off. Maybe both.
A $20 upgrade may seem steep but is it when there is not a large volume. I would think with time and costs of developing a bracket he is making no money at all. If it were easy you would all have made your own.

IMHO just my two cents

These are my opinions and I have no affiliation with Sanjoh or his company. No animals were hurt during this post and my localized environment was kept in tack for future generations of SantaRosa's.
Sanjoh,
This is the man whose kindness helped to make this debate fair. It was getting a little lopsided... and not in your favor.
He IS the one who bought my lights... we ARE on opposite sides of the issue.

Time to put the PR to work, Sanjoh. Get Santa Rosa a pair of HD mounts... for free!... and tell the world.
He saved your a$$.
And post the discounted price for previous customers... enough already with "subtle", "beneath the radar", "say no more, say no more", "behind the scenes" discount being offered by your secret rep. STAND UP was suggested more than once.

Save $$$_SMUGMUG REFERRAL LINK: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=b39gXpEl6klcs
gonzo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:04 AM   #1612
cwadej
Keeper of the truth

Oddometer: 923
Sanjoh, I emaileda week ago because your post suggeating a partial refund of the new bracket price for existing customers. Haven't heard back yet. What's the word on that? I ordered 3. 2 to replace broken ones, one for a light I odered a day before you posted the new ones. I like your products, keep me as a customer.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #1613
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veho View Post
Sanjoh, I emaileda week ago because your post suggeating a partial refund of the new bracket price for existing customers. Haven't heard back yet. What's the word on that? I ordered 3. 2 to replace broken ones, one for a light I odered a day before you posted the new ones. I like your products, keep me as a customer.
PM sent
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #1614
randel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
Is posting here only way to get an answer? I have emailed twice (09.05 and 09.11) to sandjoh@gmail.com and have got no answer until now (and I have checked my spam filter too). My model 30 light was used for several hours only and is not working any more.
randel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #1615
sir phily
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
KTM640 mounts

Hi guys any one got a set of these on a ktm640 adventure mine has a high guard mounted on it i cant seem to find a good place to mount them,
any one got a photo of there set up.

Cheers Phil
sir phily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #1616
randel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
I changed several e-mails today with John and following his suggestions could discover burnt led and we also found a solution for replacing it. Great service and a happy customer! If it only had happened right after my first e-mail it could have been just excellent...
randel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #1617
Daboo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
I've been using the Model 30 lights for a couple thousand miles now. While not riding much off-road, Seattle's streets can sometimes be pretty bad.

The lights are great! I love them! These are one of the best mods I've made to my bike. Thank you.

Chris
Daboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #1618
Low594
Adventuring Creep

Oddometer: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir phily View Post
Hi guys any one got a set of these on a ktm640 adventure mine has a high guard mounted on it i cant seem to find a good place to mount them,
any one got a photo of there set up.

Cheers Phil
I do! I will try to get pics posted soon!
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #1619
Low594
Adventuring Creep

Oddometer: 1,129

Here is that pic! I don't have pics of the brackets. I made short brackets from aluminum angle (3/4"?) and bolted them to the roadbook mounts. I just scored some stainless angle stock from a guy at work! So I hope to make new ones before the aluminum fatigues.

Note for others:
I used washers with rubber glued to one side to bolt the factory bracket to the bike and so far so good! Roughly 3k miles.
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:24 AM   #1620
sir phily
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
led mount

Thanks for that not a bad idea do they hit your hand guards when on full lock, gives me something else to think about.

Cheers Phil
sir phily is offline   Reply With Quote