Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2011, 02:58 AM   #1786
EasilyRides
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I had a wonderful opportunity to meet Sanjoh and Ginger on Wednesday; great people! I look forward to future Flatistan journeys.
EasilyRides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #1787
MAXVERT
Rough Rider

Oddometer: 1,003
Discount code for advriders ?

Max
Old 12-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #1788
FJRJO
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXVERT View Post
Discount code for advriders ?

Max
" inmate " will not be aplied to sale items
FJRJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #1789
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 6,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyRides View Post
I had a wonderful opportunity to meet Sanjoh and Ginger on Wednesday; great people! I look forward to future Flatistan journeys.

Good meeting you as well. Don't forget to post in the South Florida thread so that we can get a ride set up. There aren't a ton of DS riding opportunities down here but the ones that are available make for a pretty fun day ride.

3 weeks solo: Overland Expo East ,Barber Vintage Fest and beyond
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:24 AM   #1790
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,652
New LED light

Helmet and Handlebar mount led light now available on our website.

Yep it's waterproof

Lithium battery pack, charger, mount

Don't forget "inmate" promotion code for 10% off
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:09 AM   #1791
Sean-0
Closed

Oddometer: 4,204
Damm it .. now i want 1 of those for me skid lid ..... after the silly season me thinks i may have to get 1 and a set of hd brackets for me spots ....

Santa may i plz have ...........
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:34 AM   #1792
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,452
John, I didn't see any mention of it on your site, but can the new helmet/handlebar light be powered off the bike and not via battery?
Old 12-06-2011, 09:04 AM   #1793
Moto-Kafe
Gnarly Entre-manure

Oddometer: 467
Would like to see the helmet light mounted on a helmet.........how is it affixed?? ......and on a handlebar or crash bar??
thanks
Moto-Kafe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #1794
screwit
One more time

Oddometer: 844
question

I ordered a pair of the model 44 last week. Are the backordered?
Old 12-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #1795
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 6,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark444 View Post
Would like to see the helmet light mounted on a helmet.........how is it affixed?? ......and on a handlebar or crash bar??
thanks

The strap orientation is going to vary from helmet to helmet. The more vents the visor has the easier this will be to do. Here is the light mounted on a helmet with very few vents as well as small vent holes. The plastic portion of the mount has a rubber pad so that it does not slip and slide easily.

And using the o-ring style mount you can affix it to crash bars, handlebars or just about any round surface given that it is the correct diameter.

3 weeks solo: Overland Expo East ,Barber Vintage Fest and beyond
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #1796
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
John, I didn't see any mention of it on your site, but can the new helmet/handlebar light be powered off the bike and not via battery?
Yes, the unit can handle being connected to a 12V system, however the connection for such are not included. We can build a harness to connect to the bike if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwit View Post
I ordered a pair of the model 44 last week. Are the backordered?
At the moment yes, I am expecting the lights next week. Sorry for the delay, the webpage shows stock status and you received an invoice via email that showed the lights are on backorder. Thanks for your business.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #1797
foroffroaduseonly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Yes, the unit can handle being connected to a 12V system, however the connection for such are not included. We can build a harness to connect to the bike if needed .
So if the battery is 8.4V and the light can be hooked up a 12V system, Does the voltage effect the light output? Is the 1000 lumen rating at 12V or 8.4V ??
foroffroaduseonly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #1798
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by foroffroaduseonly View Post
So if the battery is 8.4V and the light can be hooked up a 12V system, Does the voltage effect the light output? Is the 1000 lumen rating at 12V or 8.4V ??
1000 lumens at both voltages, the driver board for the led regulates the voltage. No change in light output until voltage approaches the lower voltage discharge limit of the lithium (7.4v), the protection circuit cuts the battery off at this voltage.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:24 PM   #1799
L33792
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Hello,

Newbie here so excuse my ignorance. I have been going through many posts trying to figure out what I need to get the following functionality from the pair of Model 44s I'm planning on purchasing. Any help would be appreciated. The bike is a 2008 BMW R1200GS:

1. Mounts. I prefer a fork mount, like the Motolights fork strap mount. Is there such an option for the 44s for my bike?
2. On/Off switch. I like an on/off switch with the light indicator, mounted somewhere I can easily reach. What are my options including a switch/indicator mount?
3. Dimmer. I'd like a dimmer with the high beam bypass option in addition to the on/off switch. Can the AdvMonster dimmer be used with the on/off switch? Why a remote control option? I'm concerned about ease of accessing the remote control while riding, battery issues and loosing the remote control. If no other option, what do I use to securely mount the remote control in close proximity to the on/off switch? Is there a volume knob type dimmer an option?
4. Waterproof connectors. How many do I need?

TIA,
l33792
L33792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:49 AM   #1800
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

l33792 Thanks for your interest in the lights. Form should follow function ie what is the primary funtion of the lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33792
1. Mounts. I prefer a fork mount, like the Motolights fork strap mount. Is there such an option for the 44s for my bike?
Mounting the lights low on the fork is primarily for conspicuity lighting, ie to be seen, I would recommend the Model 30 for this. We don't offer a fork mount at this time. Mounting the lights higher on bike will provide better visibility.

Quote:
2. On/Off switch. I like an on/off switch with the light indicator, mounted somewhere I can easily reach. What are my options including a switch/indicator mount?
We have a waterproof push button on/off and the remote dimmer with hbb. As an indicator we offer a panel mount led.

Quote:
3. Dimmer. I'd like a dimmer with the high beam bypass option in addition to the on/off switch. Can the AdvMonster dimmer be used with the on/off switch? Why a remote control option? I'm concerned about ease of accessing the remote control while riding, battery issues and loosing the remote control. If no other option, what do I use to securely mount the remote control in close proximity to the on/off switch? Is there a volume knob type dimmer an option?
Yes on/off can be used with dimmer. The remote option allows the unit to be waterproof, a knob type is very difficult to make waterproof which is why we don't offer one. In reality you don't access the remote while riding, typically you find a output level that allows you to be seen and when you need light you get full power by going to high beam. The remote can be attached by velcro, kept in your tank bag or your pocket.

Quote:
4. Waterproof connectors. How many do I need
I'd recommend drawing your planned circuit, should be obvious after that.