ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 04:49 AM   #1846
fir_chan
Little Red Dot
 
fir_chan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 79
I just recieved my M44's and i am happy with the quality. I have yet to mount them on but ......

I have ordered another set of the M30's..... delivery here to Singapore was pretty decent!!!!

Overseas buyers can be assured that you are getting a quality product with minimal hassle!!!!

Happy New Year!!!

May 2012 be filled with more rides!!!

Ride Free!!!!
__________________
-------------------------------------------

**2008** BMW R1200GS Adventure
**2013** Honda CRF250L
fir_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #1847
TO Scootz
Adventurer
 
TO Scootz's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Canuckistan
Oddometer: 53
Connector problem

John, I picked up my new lights and dimmer from the package forwarder, and they look great. HOWEVER, I also ordered the waterproof connectors, and they look great, but a bit complicated to put together. I went to your website and clicked on the URL for the connector instructions....but it's a dead link! Do you have a link that works? I checked 2allbuyers site, since he sells the same connectors, but his site is down because his wife's having a baby soon.

TO Scootz screwed with this post 12-29-2011 at 07:54 AM
TO Scootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:06 AM   #1848
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,490
TO Scootz,

Send me an email sandjoh@gmail.com, I can send the instructions.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:42 PM   #1849
ShimrMoon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ShimrMoon's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Matthews NC
Oddometer: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Still time to get some nice LED lighting for Christmas.

Hi Sanjoh, just wondering if that 50.00 for a #30 has already been discounted for us ADV'rs, or are we supposed to mention a secret word at checkout for that price?

BTW, I want to put a set of the 30's low on my forks or fender area on my 2010 BMW RT. And I want to get some of those Xpel yellow covers. What else will I need besides the on/off switch? I was thinking of mounting them on Lumalink mounts...I'm going to install an aux fuse panel, blue seas, centec, etc...
__________________
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders.." Ted Nugent

13 BMW GTL, 10 BMW RT, 09 Suz Vstrom 650A,
02 BMW LTc, 92 BMW R100R (wish I still had it)
ShimrMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:12 AM   #1850
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimrMoon View Post
Hi Sanjoh, just wondering if that 50.00 for a #30 has already been discounted for us ADV'rs, or are we supposed to mention a secret word at checkout for that price?
No secret word required for the model 30 sale. However if you buy other accessories, put in the "inmate" discount code for an additional 10% off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimrMoon View Post
BTW, I want to put a set of the 30's low on my forks or fender area on my 2010 BMW RT. And I want to get some of those Xpel yellow covers. What else will I need besides the on/off switch? I was thinking of mounting them on Lumalink mounts...I'm going to install an aux fuse panel, blue seas, centec, etc...
Connectors and wiring should do it. Those mounts look interesting, you may want to confirm available space, on some bikes the forks come very close to the fairing.

Happy New Year!
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:30 AM   #1851
TO Scootz
Adventurer
 
TO Scootz's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Canuckistan
Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
TO Scootz,

Send me an email sandjoh@gmail.com, I can send the instructions.
"Very detailed" instructions received.

Thanks, John.
TO Scootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #1852
ShimrMoon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ShimrMoon's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Matthews NC
Oddometer: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
No secret word required for the model 30 sale. However if you buy other accessories, put in the "inmate" discount code for an additional 10% off.



Connectors and wiring should do it. Those mounts look interesting, you may want to confirm available space, on some bikes the forks come very close to the fairing.

Happy New Year!
When you say connectors and wiring, I assume you mean the waterproof connector and waterproof switch. I don't plan on dimming my lights, just properly adjust the lights and the cagers will have to learn some coping skills.

Placing an order now....

And because I'm a dumbass, I only ordered 1 WP connector so I need another added to my order... I sent you an email.
__________________
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders.." Ted Nugent

13 BMW GTL, 10 BMW RT, 09 Suz Vstrom 650A,
02 BMW LTc, 92 BMW R100R (wish I still had it)

ShimrMoon screwed with this post 12-30-2011 at 02:24 PM
ShimrMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #1853
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimrMoon View Post
When you say connectors and wiring, I assume you mean the waterproof connector and waterproof switch. I don't plan on dimming my lights, just properly adjust the lights and the cagers will have to learn some coping skills.

Placing an order now....

And because I'm a dumbass, I only ordered 1 WP connector so I need another added to my order... I sent you an email.
Got your order, thanks, email sent on the connector.

The yellow expels will take the edge off the light. The cagers will feel like the've been hit with a blunt object, rather than stabbed

Rode the airhead the other night and was getting flashed quite often on the 2 lane. Lights are aimed about 15ft in front of the bike.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #1854
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Herlong, CA. Look it up, I'll wait.
Oddometer: 7,167
Ordered a pair today. Just in time for the great deal. Now, don't start selling them at 40$ in two days
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:28 AM   #1855
Sunday Rider
Adventurer Wanabe
 
Sunday Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: North of T.Ho., Ontario
Oddometer: 653
Remote Control Dimmer

Does the remote control dimmer maintain the same setting after the lights are turned off? Or do you have to adjust them each on/off cycle? So if set for 1/2 brightness will it remain that way, aside from the Hi Beam 100% on?

I have the lights pointing to the right, but getting some feedback from cars, but the most surprising one was from a fellow biker who was motioning at my lights and covering his visor...Was going too fast to see if he was serious or not.
Thanks

Happy New Year
__________________
'97 Honda ST1100
Sunday Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:59 AM   #1856
FJRJO
Adventurer
 
FJRJO's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Lynchburg, Va,
Oddometer: 47
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday Rider View Post
Does the remote control dimmer maintain the same setting after the lights are turned off? Or do you have to adjust them each on/off cycle? So if set for 1/2 brightness will it remain that way, aside from the Hi Beam 100% on?

I have the lights pointing to the right, but getting some feedback from cars, but the most surprising one was from a fellow biker who was motioning at my lights and covering his visor...Was going too fast to see if he was serious or not.
Thanks

Happy New Year
Once set to the brightness you desire the dimmer remembers your setting.Hope this helps.
FJRJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:40 AM   #1857
Sunday Rider
Adventurer Wanabe
 
Sunday Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: North of T.Ho., Ontario
Oddometer: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRJO View Post
Once set to the brightness you desire the dimmer remembers your setting.Hope this helps.
Perfect. That is what I was looking for.

Thanks
__________________
'97 Honda ST1100
Sunday Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:39 PM   #1858
subybaja
Beastly Adventurer
 
subybaja's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Anchorage (Spenard)
Oddometer: 2,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
No secret word required for the model 30 sale. However if you buy other accessories, put in the "inmate" discount code for an additional 10% off.
Happy New Year!
I just slipped under the wire on a pair of 30s with the heavy brackets...but 'inmate' didn't work on the other stuff in my order. Is it still valid for non-sale items?
subybaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:23 AM   #1859
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by subybaja View Post
I just slipped under the wire on a pair of 30s with the heavy brackets...but 'inmate' didn't work on the other stuff in my order. Is it still valid for non-sale items?
Thanks for catching that, I'll refund the inmate discount to your pp acct.

Happy New Year
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #1860
subybaja
Beastly Adventurer
 
subybaja's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Anchorage (Spenard)
Oddometer: 2,888
Thanks! You too!
__________________
We had part of a Slinky. But I straightened it.
subybaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014