Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #2146
mudslngr
mud .....a necessity

Oddometer: 55
Is there a link for the prismatic red lens or the led tail light for the xr650l?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #2147
FlyingPig
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
As promised, here are some pics with the camera in full manual mode. I started by fiddling with the settings to get the photo to be as close to how much light I see and went from there.

This is with no lights on.

Stock high beams.

Stock low beams.

Low beams + LEDs at 30% brightness.

Low beams + LEDs at 100% brightness.

Yeah, my high beam is pretty useless now.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:01 AM   #2148
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslngr View Post
Is there a link for the prismatic red lens or the led tail light for the xr650l?
Nothing yet, working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPig View Post
As promised, here are some pics with the camera in full manual mode. I started by fiddling with the settings to get the photo to be as close to how much light I see and went from there.

This is with no lights on.

Stock high beams.

Stock low beams.

Low beams + LEDs at 30% brightness.

Low beams + LEDs at 100% brightness.

Yeah, my high beam is pretty useless now.
Nice set of pics. I expected to see someone playing street hockey in that last one

sanjoh screwed with this post 03-08-2012 at 06:30 AM
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:34 AM   #2149
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

What folks are saying about the Model 60

Model 60 LED Light

I did my first night ride last night and that model 60 is just a killer. Great light! Puts out far more than the OEM headlight. Compared to the model 60, the spot light is pretty weak Your model 60 is just as bright as my Hella Micro HIDs which cost over $400 each. Excellent product and no ballast to hide. Thanks
Old 03-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #2150
OldBarKeep
On the Group W Bench

Oddometer: 185
I have held off buying a light as I was worried about mounting on my PC800. The second picture of the Model 60 looks like it is mounted on a ST1100 ( I assume the off road European only version??) That mounting bracket will work for my application. Do you sell that bracket?
OldBarKeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #2151
ColoradoKen
Orange Cult Convert

Oddometer: 27
Comments on ADVMonster Model 30 Light

Just received your Model 30 light and wanted to comment on a few things and make a suggestion ...

Super FAST shipping without a ridiculous high shipping fee ... awesome!

Sturdy looking construction mechanically, at least from the outside . I didn't delve into the interior, nor will I unless there is a failure of some sort. The option for a heavier mounting bracket is a nice option for those who think they need it.

Reasonably priced, if they hold up electrically I would rate it an excellent value. As with all things electronic, if it's going to fail it will usually do so within the first 1-5% of it's "on time" ... so time will tell.

Bright, bright, bright! A lotta' light for meager 10 watts power consumption.

Suggestions:

Apply Heat Transfer Compound

The big challenge with high power LED's is transferring heat away from those tiny LED chip(s). How well this is done can make or break the reliability of a design.

On the Model 30 the finned back piece is threaded. Unscrew it and apply a thin even coating of "Silicone Heat Transfer Compound" to both male & female threads and reassemble. It's an effective cheap way to maximize heat transfer and there is no down-side to it. Buy an inexpensive small tube of the compound at most electronics stores *** You don't need the very expensive "high silver content" compound used in PC's between the CPU and heat sink ***
Penton 250 Honda SL70~XL350~XR250~CR500~CBR1100XX Yamaha DT175~Seca 550 & 750~WR400~TDM850 Suzuki GS750~RM250~Vstrom650 Kawasaki KLR650~KLX300~KLX250S BMW R80~GS1150 KTM 525EXC~1190ADV ... yep, crusty old dude.
ColoradoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #2152
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBarKeep View Post
I have held off buying a light as I was worried about mounting on my PC800. The second picture of the Model 60 looks like it is mounted on a ST1100 ( I assume the off road European only version??) That mounting bracket will work for my application. Do you sell that bracket?
I do not sell the bracket.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:53 AM   #2153
steiny
n00b

Oddometer: 2
How do these lights compare to the Denali d2 lights from twisted throttle???
steiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #2154
Subaru297
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiny View Post
How do these lights compare to the Denali d2 lights from twisted throttle???
These are way brighter than those. I bought two of those and was disappointed in the output. I returned them and bought these lights. Very happy. The model 30 puts out more light than the D2's let alone the 44 and 60.

Cheers
Subaru297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:08 AM   #2155
paulvandenbogaard
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
The new 60 produces lots of light. Does the spot 30 still have an advantage over it, when only looking at the distance being reached?
paulvandenbogaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #2156
steiny
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru297 View Post
These are way brighter than those. I bought two of those and was disappointed in the output. I returned them and bought these lights. Very happy. The model 30 puts out more light than the D2's let alone the 44 and 60.

Cheers
Thanks for the info ,
steiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #2157
subybaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulvandenbogaard View Post
The new 60 produces lots of light. Does the spot 30 still have an advantage over it, when only looking at the distance being reached?
Older models, but:

Originally Posted by Sanjoh
Originally Posted by Suby
In the area that the 10w beam covers, does the 24w beam throw less light? Looking back over the pics in this thread, it seems that the 24w puts out more light to the sides AND more light straight ahead. In effect, the only reason to get the 10w is if you specifically don't want to light up the ditches.

The 24w throws more light everywhere than the 10w. The 10w is a tight spot because there is a single led under each optic vs the 24w which has 3 leds under each optic which contributes to the wider pattern.

subybaja screwed with this post 03-12-2012 at 03:02 PM
subybaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #2158
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulvandenbogaard View Post
The model 60 or even the 44 will penetrate more than the model 30 due to the higher output.

We've added a red replacement lens to the website. Have an extra light collecting dust? Now you can make an auxiliary brake light that may wake up the dead

Old 03-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #2159
FlyingPig
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
The model 60 or even the 44 will penetrate more than the model 30 due to the higher output.

We've added a red replacement lens to the website. Have an extra light collecting dust? Now you can make an auxiliary brake light that may wake up the dead
If anybody has an old model 44 or two at home collecting dust, I'm interested in them. Don't think I've drilled enough holes into my bike yet
Old 03-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #2160
marcopolos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post

HAA! Blind them right into me at a stop light!
marcopolos is offline   Reply With Quote