Old 06-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #2431
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,516
[QUOTE=screwit;18903882]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
On the way

I'd suggest starting with the available watts, ie stator output-current load. Typical off road oriented bikes aren't generally known for their high output stators

The Model 30 narrow beam will not penetrate as far as the Model 60 flood beam because the Model 60 puts out almost 2.5x the lumens, however it is using near 3x the watts.

Awesome setup

The guy coming from the left early in the video froze in his tracks[/QUOTE

I hate to hear that, I just bought a pair of model 30's last week. If i'd have known the 60's project farther i'd have bought them. Do you take returns?
30's are the spots and should be further than the 60's, the floods, which are wider.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #2432
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by subybaja View Post
A side-by-side comparison would be nice...the pool shots were good, but they're a bit out of date now. Some down-the-roads would be good too.
Come on down to Florida with your camera

We will be offering free installs once the new shop is up and running about an hour south of Orlando. Keep in mind the "road" in is a bit inhospitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
30's are the spots and should be further than the 60's, the floods, which are wider.
NOT, the Model 60 puts out more than twice the lumens of the 30. No substitute for lumens
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #2433
subybaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,889
Well, my wife keeps saying "beach" whenever it rains/snows...

New shop? Cool!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #2434
walkergreenlabel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Cool2

2 m60 on order
walkergreenlabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #2435
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by subybaja View Post
Well, my wife keeps saying "beach" whenever it rains/snows...

New shop? Cool!

Orlando, bring the kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkergreenlabel View Post
2 m60 on order
Thanks for the business, would like to hear how your race goes Good Luck, may the light be with you
Old 06-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #2436
Rev
Asshole

Oddometer: 230
so i do have a question since im an electronic idiot.

i have an 09 sportster, with NOTHING added to the bike electrically except a pair of 55w driving lights ive been using as a headlight....crap. took the speedo, signals and one brake light off, the other brake light is now LED. so aside from the EFI and lighting, nothing should be pulling current.

anywho, i have a model 60 thats going to be replacing the 2 55w's and i was thinking about adding the equivalent spotlight to the other side of the bike, but im worried that there may not be enough juice to run em.

also, what is the model 60s spot light equivalent?

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #2437
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
i have an 09 sportster, with NOTHING added to the bike electrically except a pair of 55w driving lights ive been using as a headlight....crap. took the speedo, signals and one brake light off, the other brake light is now LED. so aside from the EFI and lighting, nothing should be pulling current.
If you handled the wiring, you are way ahead of most folks

Quote:
anywho, i have a model 60 thats going to be replacing the 2 55w's and i was thinking about adding the equivalent spotlight to the other side of the bike, but im worried that there may not be enough juice to run em.
The model 60 uses 30watts on max, you are using way way way less than the feeble 55w halogens.

Quote:
also, what is the model 60s spot light equivalent?
No equivalent..... yet
Old 06-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #2438
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,309
Just ordered a set for my 12 f650gs.

2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se; 2009 GSXR 600
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #2439
Rev
Asshole

Oddometer: 230
heres a tricky one....

if i had the rotating dimmer and no highbeam, is there a way to activate the "highbeam bypass" with a separate switch? how would that work...i like the idea of having them set low 90% of the time but flipping a little switch to have full bright. i had hoped the little strobe thing would have done that (press the light button for full blast then press again to go back to the last setting) or a "quick flash" setting (like passing flash) that returned it to the previous output. also, while im pointing out things i wasnt sure of when placing an order, in my head i thought the strobe function was a temporary thing, like strobe for a second and then back full on.

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:03 AM   #2440
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetuss10 View Post
Just ordered a set for my 12 f650gs.
Thanks for the business. LMK if you need any install help.

Quote:
heres a tricky one....

if i had the rotating dimmer and no highbeam, is there a way to activate the "highbeam bypass" with a separate switch? how would that work...i like the idea of having them set low 90% of the time but flipping a little switch to have full bright. i had hoped the little strobe thing would have done that (press the light button for full blast then press again to go back to the last setting) or a "quick flash" setting (like passing flash) that returned it to the previous output. also, while im pointing out things i wasnt sure of when placing an order, in my head i thought the strobe function was a temporary thing, like strobe for a second and then back full on.
Yes you can activate the HBB with any 12v signal. The signal triggers a relay, bypassing the dimmer.

Keep in mind the ST dimmer does not have a HBB.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #2441
SteelB12
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,223
Are your lights (other than the turn signal combo model) DOT approved? Got my KLR inspected today and the inspector was asking me if anyone ever gave me trouble for having these lights on there (I believe I have the model 30 spots).

I want to get a set of the 60s for my Bandit, but don't want to get hassled. Thanks
Old 06-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #2442
SteelB12
Beastly Adventurer

Are your lights (other than the turn signal combo model) DOT approved? Got my KLR inspected today and the inspector was asking me if anyone ever gave me trouble for having these lights on there (I believe I have the model 30 spots).

I want to get a set of the 60s for my Bandit, but don't want to get hassled. Thanks
Old 06-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #2443
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelB12 View Post

Absolutely NOT DOT approved.

DOT approved lights usually have the upper beam clipped so they are friendly to others on the road.

We do offer multiple dimmer setups to reduce the output in the hope of saving a few retinas. Some of our dimmers have a nice feature where they go to full power when you turn on your high beam.

It is not illegal to have them on your vehicle. It could be illegal if they are operated on a public roadway. I have not had any issues with law enforcement noticing the lights.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #2444
SteelB12
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Absolutely NOT DOT approved.

DOT approved lights usually have the upper beam clipped so they are friendly to others on the road.

We do offer multiple dimmer setups to reduce the output in the hope of saving a few retinas. Some of our dimmers have a nice feature where they go to full power when you turn on your high beam.

It is not illegal to have them on your vehicle. It could be illegal if they are operated on a public roadway. I have not had any issues with law enforcement noticing the lights.

Gotcha, thanks for the quick reply.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #2445
n16ht5
ride the night

Oddometer: 2,247
Sanjoh - you rock! my light is working fantastically... Thank you!

I purchased the M40 from Sanjoh a few months ago and was rocking it for a while.. took a spill somewhere on a trail and dented the bezel on the light. I didn't even notice it until the light stopped working from water entering the electronics. I sent it to Sanjoh to see if he could fix it... He wrote me that the damage was not covered under warranty, but that he would repair the light and replace the broken electronics and bezel at no charge just to be nice..

Back on the bike and back in action! I am a extremely happy customer

I think one of these trails claimed the light (on a different occasion)
They are tough, though.. just don't smash your bike into a tree like I do regularly
http://youtu.be/1UhcLixN1QA?hd=1
n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote