Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #2641
Jazz62
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Willy View Post
Will do... I put up a pic if nobody laughs at my home made brackets. No plasma cutters here.... lol.
Bring it on Willy! No laughing here, I love homemade stuff!

Sent from my fancy phone using Tapatalk
Jazz62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #2642
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Willy View Post
Will do... I put up a pic if nobody laughs at my home made brackets. No plasma cutters here.... lol.
Make sure the brackets are secure, less vibration the better
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #2643
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by n16ht5 View Post
Model 60 in action. Dang these buggers take some abuse. Multiple times I had to bend the bracket back straight after smashing it against trees and stuffs
is that just 1?
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #2644
n16ht5
ride the night

Oddometer: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
is that just 1?

yeah
n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #2645
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by n16ht5 View Post
yeah
can't wait to do some trails with my 2 60's and 2 30's....
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #2646
Rev
Asshole

Oddometer: 232
will 4 60's on an 08 KLR be too much for the bike to handle?

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #2647
jeepinbanditrider
Dunkin Donuts Crasher

Oddometer: 1,146
I had to move twice and now can't find my damn 30s anywhere to mount on my bike :(
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:59 PM   #2648
Jazz62
Studly Adventurer

High Beam bypass on R1150GS

I'm in the process of installing a couple model 60's on my '00 R1150GS. Has anyone out here installed a high beam bypass equipped dimmer on a R1150GS? Rotary or wireless, doesn't matter. Part of the problem is the severely limited amount of space behind the high beam housing on this bike. I can just barely get my hand in far enough to unscrew the plastic back cap. The included posiTap would never fit inside the cap even if I could get proper access to it. Any ideas out here?
It also occured to me that I could use the horn + as the trigger wire. I rarely use my horn but it could be effective to have the lights go 100% when I do and a momentary tap of the horn when on some desolate and dark country road wouldn't be the most offensive thing, maybe even give the critters an audible as well help my visuals. Thanks in advance.

Jazz
Chicago
Old 08-23-2012, 06:53 AM   #2649
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
will 4 60's on an 08 KLR be too much for the bike to handle?
08+ KLR 650 stator puts out around 300 watts. It should handle 4 model 60s, although you really don't need 4, why not start with a pair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
I had to move twice and now can't find my damn 30s anywhere to mount on my bike :(
Probably need a flashlight to find em Our new M10 flashlight with XML-T6 LED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz62 View Post
I'm in the process of installing a couple model 60's on my '00 R1150GS. Has anyone out here installed a high beam bypass equipped dimmer on a R1150GS? Rotary or wireless, doesn't matter. Part of the problem is the severely limited amount of space behind the high beam housing on this bike. I can just barely get my hand in far enough to unscrew the plastic back cap. The included posiTap would never fit inside the cap even if I could get proper access to it. Any ideas out here?
It also occured to me that I could use the horn + as the trigger wire. I rarely use my horn but it could be effective to have the lights go 100% when I do and a momentary tap of the horn when on some desolate and dark country road wouldn't be the most offensive thing, maybe even give the critters an audible as well help my visuals. Thanks in advance.

Jazz
Chicago
Having tried the horn activating full output myself, it doesn't work very well. You end up adjusting the rotary knob a bunch.

Can you pull the connector to the high beam bulb? I would put an wire extension on that so you get it outside the headlight housing, should be easy to connect to after that.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #2650
Sporri
n00b

Oddometer: 2
ST Dimmer ?

Is it possible to see video of how the ST dimmer works and strobe options ? anyone have it ?

Thanks guys
Regards from Iceland
Sporri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #2651
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,346
Just wanted to give some props for great customer service. I installed my lights last weekend and, let me tell you, they are BRIGHT. Definitely a good idea to have the dimmer!

Anyways, got on the bike to ride to work yesterday and . . . no LED's. I emailed Sanjoh and got an immediate response, within 5 minutes, giving me a couple of things to look at and ways to troubleshoot different things. A few back and forths to confirm things, all with immediate responses.

Turns out: When I installed the switch, I connected the wires and then put the wiring inside split loom I have which goes back to my fuse block. I didn't leave enough slack and when I turned my bars to back into my garage when I got home, it pulled the connectors apart inside the split loom (where I couldn't see it).

Needless to say, there's now a little more slack in the split loom and I taped together the connector for added insurance. All is good now!!
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #2652
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporri View Post
Is it possible to see video of how the ST dimmer works and strobe options ? anyone have it ?

Thanks guys
Regards from Iceland
Here ya go

and another

sanjoh screwed with this post 08-23-2012 at 11:43 AM
Old 08-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #2653
Sporri
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post

Thanks
Sporri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #2654
Bokrijder
Soyez sans que peur

Oddometer: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz62 View Post

Jazz
Chicago

There's plenty of room down there for the connection, but as you have discovered no room for your hands to accomplish the task. Bite the bullet and remove the headlight housing -- not a picnic, for sure. In fact a PITA. Not a bad skill set knowing how it comes apart, as it is near impossible to properly change a headlight bulb without disassembly. (small hands can do it with difficulty) I guess BMW thinks bulbs never fail.

Bokrijder
Old 08-23-2012, 11:21 PM   #2655
Jazz62
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokrijder View Post
There's plenty of room down there for the connection, but as you have discovered no room for your hands to accomplish the task. Bite the bullet and remove the headlight housing -- not a picnic, for sure. In fact a PITA. Not a bad skill set knowing how it comes apart, as it is near impossible to properly change a headlight bulb without disassembly. (small hands can do it with difficulty) I guess BMW thinks bulbs never fail.

Bokrijder
Yup, I've taken the thing apart when I installed my HID lowbeam set up. Pain in the ass but if I can do it, anyone can. Was just hoping to avoid it in the case of getting the highbeam bypass feature of this dimmer hooked up/