Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #3181
Jazz62
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindSailor View Post
Interesting note; I had more people 'bright' me running the M64's at 10% at night than during the day time. Makes sense now that I think about it (people are more sensitive to a spot LED at night than during the daytime) - didn't foresee that one though. This may be an instance where the rotary dimmer would be handy.
I highly recommend the rotary dimmer. It's hard to tell exactly from the pics but if you have the M64's aimed at the same angle you show in your first pic then that's why you are getting flashed by oncoming drivers. I think a couple of a degrees forward of 90 degrees and you'll be good.

Jazz62 screwed with this post 03-02-2013 at 01:29 AM
Jazz62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:38 AM   #3182
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,722
Model 30 light on Sale 25% off
Normally $60.00 each now $45.00

Don't forget the "inmate" discount. ~$80 for a Quality set (that's a pair) of Lights.

• Spot Beam
  • 1500 lumens
  • .85amp@12v
  • 3 LEDs
  • aluminum housing
  • Length: 70mm , Diameter 55mm
  • black durable coating
  • o-ring sealed housing
  • one meter wire lead
  • includes flat mount (stainless) mounting bracket
  • glass shatter resistant lens
  • Sold individually
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:03 AM   #3183
Unstable Rider
Beyond Thunderdome

Oddometer: 2,429
Dang, sweet deal!

~Butch Cassidy
Unstable Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #3184
hatfirst
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
got mine

Got mine in the mail yesterday 3 day's after order placed. Thats quick work thanks.
hatfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #3185
Boris4ka
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Any plans of making a projector lens for these lights so there's a cutoff like with HID's?
Boris4ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #3186
SiBC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
After much thinking and jumping from one model to another in the decision process I finally settled. Just placed an order for two M62 with crash bar mounts and rotary dimmer :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
SiBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #3187
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris4ka View Post
Any plans of making a projector lens for these lights so there's a cutoff like with HID's?
Not at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiBC View Post
After much thinking and jumping from one model to another in the decision process I finally settled. Just placed an order for two M62 with crash bar mounts and rotary dimmer :)
Thanks for your business.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #3188
WildmanSam
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
man... they went on sale a couple days after i got mine at full price... and there's an inmate discount??

think you can hook up a deal if i buy some model 60's?
WildmanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #3189
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,028
Ordered a pair of Model 30 Spots. Great service, great price and incredibly prompt shipping.

Thanks John!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #3190
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
man... they went on sale a couple days after i got mine at full price... and there's an inmate discount??

think you can hook up a deal if i buy some model 60's?
Certainly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craneguy View Post
Ordered a pair of Model 30 Spots. Great service, great price and incredibly prompt shipping.

Thanks John!
Thank you
Old 03-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #3191
jeepinbanditrider
Dunkin Donuts Crasher

Oddometer: 1,138
I'm thinkin of ordering a model 60 or 44 and replacing one of my model 30 spots so I have one model 30 spot beam and one flood beam

Sent from my iPhone
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #3192
Boris4ka
n00b

Oddometer: 5
I can't decide which light or combo of lights to buy. It's for a DRZ400 SM and the lights will mostly be used on the freeway and highway. I'd like a combo of spot and flood, but my bike can't support much, and I don't want to spend too much money. I bought a Model 30 two years ago but the bike it was on got stolen.

Ideally I'd like it to illuminate the sides as well, so if the bike's leaning I can see into the turn. Should I get an M61 for each side, and an M62 for the front? Or do you think a single M64 would work? At that point the M64 would be significantly cheaper and put out the same amount of light as the three light combo. Or should I do some combo of Model 30s? So many choices!
Boris4ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #3193
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC

Oddometer: 1,008
Caliper Mount Question

Anyone have pictures of Caliper mounts for the 30's? Got a set for my '12 GSA and having difficulty getting them mounted to the calipers since the GS does not have fender bolts that work. I am planning on making some "L" brackets and then getting longer M8 caliper bolts with a spacer or bushing but looks like most of that I'd need fabricate so wondering if anyone has done this type mount before. Thanks in advance.

Oh ... and I ordered the HD brackets but when installed I see they create a somewhat ugly gap in the light housing ... I thought of using an O-ring to fill the gap. Has anyone else dealt with this issue. Yes ... I am pretty anal about how stuff looks and the gap in the housing just detracts for the look of the lights.

2006 R1200RT - Granite Gray
2012 R1200GSA - Magma Red!
RTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:51 AM   #3194
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
I'm thinkin of ordering a model 60 or 44 and replacing one of my model 30 spots so I have one model 30 spot beam and one flood beam
A flood light will help light up the sides of the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris4ka View Post
I can't decide which light or combo of lights to buy. It's for a DRZ400 SM and the lights will mostly be used on the freeway and highway. I'd like a combo of spot and flood, but my bike can't support much, and I don't want to spend too much money. I bought a Model 30 two years ago but the bike it was on got stolen.

Ideally I'd like it to illuminate the sides as well, so if the bike's leaning I can see into the turn. Should I get an M61 for each side, and an M62 for the front? Or do you think a single M64 would work? At that point the M64 would be significantly cheaper and put out the same amount of light as the three light combo. Or should I do some combo of Model 30s? So many choices!
The DRZ puts out 180watts stock. I'd recommend a model 30 and 44 for a total of 30 additional watts on full power. I think the M62 and M64 are a bit large for a bike the size of a DRZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTinNC View Post
Anyone have pictures of Caliper mounts for the 30's? Got a set for my '12 GSA and having difficulty getting them mounted to the calipers since the GS does not have fender bolts that work. I am planning on making some "L" brackets and then getting longer M8 caliper bolts with a spacer or bushing but looks like most of that I'd need fabricate so wondering if anyone has done this type mount before. Thanks in advance.

Oh ... and I ordered the HD brackets but when installed I see they create a somewhat ugly gap in the light housing ... I thought of using an O-ring to fill the gap. Has anyone else dealt with this issue. Yes ... I am pretty anal about how stuff looks and the gap in the housing just detracts for the look of the lights.
Oring should work to fill the gap.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:41 AM   #3195
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Another happy customer