ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #3406
Bearcat263
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Bearcat263's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Wichita.Ks
Oddometer: 115
just wanted to let anyone know who is on the fence about ordering from Sanjoh his customer service and shipping is excellent. last order from him was ordered on th 28th and at my door on the 31st, that's florida to ks.

Thanks Sanjoh it's always a pleasure doing business with someone that still believes in taking care of business
will try to get pictures up of them on the bike
Thanks again Mike
__________________
A bad day of hunting, fishing, or riding sure beats a good day of work.
2000 ZRX1100
2008 KLR650 sold
2012 KTM990

Bearcat263 screwed with this post 06-02-2013 at 04:32 AM
Bearcat263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #3407
dsc522758
Adventurer
 
dsc522758's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Arlington, Texas
Oddometer: 20
Heavy Duty Brackets

Oh no! I installed my 44's a month ago. I had ordered the heavy duty bracket and did not know they were backordered I guess. I just received the heavy duty brackets a few days ago. Someone please tell me there is an easier way to change them out besides running the old bracket the entire length of the cable to remove and vise versa to install the new. On a 2009 KLR650 it will not be easy. Say it isn't so!
__________________
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650
dsc522758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:42 AM   #3408
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 5,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat263 View Post
just wanted to let anyone know who is on the fence about ordering from Sanjoh his customer service and shipping is excellent. last order from him was ordered on th 28th and at my door on the 31st, that's florida to ks.

Thanks Sanjoh it's always a pleasure doing business with someone that still believes in taking care of business
will try to get pictures up of them on the bike
Thanks again Mike

Thanks for your business
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #3409
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 5,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc522758 View Post
Oh no! I installed my 44's a month ago. I had ordered the heavy duty bracket and did not know they were backordered I guess. I just received the heavy duty brackets a few days ago. Someone please tell me there is an easier way to change them out besides running the old bracket the entire length of the cable to remove and vise versa to install the new. On a 2009 KLR650 it will not be easy. Say it isn't so!
You could cut the cable and put in a connector. Or you could use the standard brackets, I am still using the set on my original prototypes after 25k miles and few of these.


Guess I should give instructions when I loan the Dirt Ninja

Lights ok
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #3410
D K
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: On a date with your mom
Oddometer: 482
Whats the light throw on the M64's?
__________________
------------------------
'13 EC300 Racing
07 950SE - sold
08 950SE - sold
09 FE570 - sold
D K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #3411
CoachA
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Crystal River, FL
Oddometer: 11
Mounting option for BMW LT

I have a K1200 LT and am looking at mounting options. Does anyone remember seeing anyone that has mounted these lights to a LT? I went through about 90% of this thread and didn't see anything.

Also, I will be adding them to an Eastern Beaver fuse block. What switch to you recommend? Thinking about going with the 44's or 60's.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
CoachA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:39 AM   #3412
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 5,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by D K View Post
Whats the light throw on the M64's?
Here's comparo of our lights (a single of each model) on a tree some 250' away.



The model 64 will carry much further than the tree. At least a couple of hundred yards.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:47 AM   #3413
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer
 
Offcamber's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Oddometer: 1,910
I know somewhere is this thread there was a discount code for inmates....does it still exist?
__________________
"Beer cans explode with a nice loud pop when they are hit by a Heidenau K60 at 40 miles an hour. Now my bike smells like last call..." Me
Offcamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:22 AM   #3414
thetable
Beastly Adventurer
 
thetable's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Western Loudoun Co, VA
Oddometer: 1,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
I know somewhere is this thread there was a discount code for inmates....does it still exist?
All in one handy spot in the vendor discount sticky thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431761
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #3415
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 5,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachA View Post
I have a K1200 LT and am looking at mounting options. Does anyone remember seeing anyone that has mounted these lights to a LT? I went through about 90% of this thread and didn't see anything.

Also, I will be adding them to an Eastern Beaver fuse block. What switch to you recommend? Thinking about going with the 44's or 60's.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
No LTs in the picture collection.

The wireless dimmer is nice, gives you a dimmed setting for daytime visibility with full power when you turn on the high beams.

Once the dimmed setting is determined you don't need to adjust it unless you want to change the setting.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #3416
vitamintwin
Adventurer
 
vitamintwin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Eesti, Tllnn
Oddometer: 32
10w cree led lights - destroyed capacitors

arranged

vitamintwin screwed with this post 11-07-2013 at 01:06 PM
vitamintwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #3417
thetable
Beastly Adventurer
 
thetable's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Western Loudoun Co, VA
Oddometer: 1,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitamintwin View Post
Question: what kind capasitors do I need for repairing?
And how to prevent in the future the same problem ?
Probably not the right place to ask in a vendor's thread, but, looks like the circuit board guy wasn't talking to the reflector guy, and even if you were able to test one (SMD ceramic caps aren't usually marked from what I remember), it would be destroyed again in short order by the poor placement. I would hit up the ebay vendor and ask for a replacement, then cut your losses, and pick up a nice set from sanjoh here.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #3418
OkieGman
Working Stiff
 
OkieGman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Okie from Muskogee
Oddometer: 100
Ordered a pair of M60's with the rotary dimmer this morning.

I would like to thank Sanjoh for all his help through PM's and e-mails. Sanjoh answered all my questions promptly, helping me choose the correct lights for my needs.

I will try to remember to post some pics once I receive and install the lights.

Thanks again,
OkieGman


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
__________________
My wife won't let me whore around with other women, so I whore around with motorcycles - I've never met one I didn't want to take home

2005 BMW R1200GS (Limey - yes it's lime green)
2007 Honda XR230R (x2 - for wifey and I)
OkieGman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #3419
Squelch
Everyday People
 
Squelch's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Daegu, Korea
Oddometer: 1,103
So does anyone have these mounted to their Touratech crash bars on an F800GS? I just ordered a pair of Model 30s, want to mount them to my crash bars, and would like to see your solutions.

I probably should have asked this question before I ordered...

Never mind, I just ordered the mount on Sanjoh's website. It should do the trick!

Squelch screwed with this post 06-11-2013 at 07:52 PM
Squelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #3420
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 5,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieGman View Post
Ordered a pair of M60's with the rotary dimmer this morning.

I would like to thank Sanjoh for all his help through PM's and e-mails. Sanjoh answered all my questions promptly, helping me choose the correct lights for my needs.

I will try to remember to post some pics once I receive and install the lights.

Thanks again,
OkieGman


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squelch View Post
So does anyone have these mounted to their Touratech crash bars on an F800GS? I just ordered a pair of Model 30s, want to mount them to my crash bars, and would like to see your solutions.

I probably should have asked this question before I ordered...

Never mind, I just ordered the mount on Sanjoh's website. It should do the trick!
Thank you for your business.

Let me know if you have any questions on the install.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015