Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #1201
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,644
New Product Announcement

Thanks for the accolades Mr tallguy.

The remote dimmer with high beam bypass is now available here.

The dimmer is the best of both worlds, dim to your liking (medium rare to well done) and then full power when you hit the high beam.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:31 AM   #1202
Ron from BC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,311
I assume the dimmer can be installed on the battery side of the relay if one is installed?
Old 04-21-2011, 06:43 AM   #1203
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron from BC View Post
I assume the dimmer can be installed on the battery side of the relay if one is installed?
The dimmer can be connected directly to the battery via a fused connection. It has an on/off button. The output of the dimmer needs to be connected to the lights and the trigger (3rd wire from dimmer) to the high beam power supply.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:49 AM   #1204
Sunday Rider
Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer: 681
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguy-09 View Post
Big for John's LED's.
After starting with his LED's I've changed all bulbs, the only remaining incandescent bulb is the hi-beam H7 bulb.
For the low fork mount option I like the Photon Blasters and the ADVMonster LED's mounted higher aimed low.

It that was green it would be a Christmas Tree. Very nice job tall guy.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #1205
Low594
Adventuring Creep

Oddometer: 1,127
Finally got some underdash wiring fixed and got 10w spot and 24w adjustable flood working a few days ago. This morning I left an hour before sunrise in light rain and weak fog. My speed increased from 20mph to 40mph on a road I do 55 on during the day! Huge improvement to my world! Altho, im thinking I want the brightest newest versions and the new remote dimmer module! Big thumbs up even for the out of date stuff!

Sanjoh, a few questions I haven't seen answers on here.
-What is the minimum voltage that these lights will run at? My stock harness runs at 10.5vdc, wondering if direct wiring off the battery will change light output.
-Does your supplier sell a low voltage version, say 6vdc? Id like to put one on my mtnbike!
-Are these water resist or water proof? My brother wants to make a scuba dive light from one!
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #1206
wdeTA
TransAlp Adv

Oddometer: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low594 View Post
Sanjoh, a few questions I haven't seen answers on here.
-What is the minimum voltage that these lights will run at? My stock harness runs at 10.5vdc, wondering if direct wiring off the battery will change light output.
-Does your supplier sell a low voltage version, say 6vdc? Id like to put one on my mtnbike!
-Are these water resist or water proof? My brother wants to make a scuba dive light from one!
I also have a 10W LED light from another vendor here on ADV that is designed as a helmet/handlebar mounted light for dirt biking and bicycling. It comes with a 7.4 volt battery, puts out similar light to Sanjoh's 10W light (which I have a couple of) and apparently has circuitry that it allows it to run at the same output with either the 7.4V battery or off the bikes 12 volts. If you are looking for a bicycle or helmet light I would probably recommend it over Sanjohs for it's size and mounting options.

Sanjoh's lights are much better however for mounting to the motorcycle because they have a better/stronger mounting option. Also, they are available in higher outputs, dimming options, etc. As an experiment, I tried using the 7.4v battery on Sanjoh's 10w light and it wouldn't work.

I would hesitate to use any of the motorcycle application LED lights as a dive light since most are susceptible to heat issues and sealing them in anything to make them dive worthy might cause them to overheat and quit.

Sanjoh, if you would prefer this not be in your thread let me know and I will remove it.

89 Transalp
01 XR400R
http://daleeva.smugmug.com/Motorcycle
wdeTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #1207
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 747
Is 1 light enough? X2 comparison?

I'm sure this has been addressed here already, would a single "44" be enough light all by itself for high(er) speed use onroad (55mph+) how about the same speeds offroad? I'm aware of blinding other drivers and lack of DOT approval and I would be keeping the OEM lights, but I'd pretty much be relying on the aux lights for actual illumination. I was considering mounting just one in the oem headlight mask of my 690 which currently has 2 settings of "dim" and "dimmer" so I'm certain that it will be an improvement, but how would just one compare to say a Trailtech X2 HID?
The Letter J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:04 AM   #1208
tileman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 841
Recieved my light the other day. Look great and so small!! Heres a pic of the plan for the DL.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:06 AM   #1209
funhunter63
Funhunter63

Oddometer: 41
Any 10 watt not being used

I am looking for some 10 watt LEDs if any of you are upgrading and want to sell your old ones.
funhunter63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #1210
Joe?

Oddometer: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by funhunter63 View Post
I am looking for some 10 watt LEDs if any of you are upgrading and want to sell your old ones.
Likewise.

Sanjoh, if you offered some sort of trade in on the older models for new stuff I'd imagine theres a decent amount of people still looking for the first gen 10 and 24s.
Joe? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:07 PM   #1211
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by tileman View Post
Recieved my light the other day. Look great and so small!! Heres a pic of the plan for the DL.
Will that be the only light you are running, or will it be to supplement something else?
The Letter J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #1212
tileman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
Will that be the only light you are running, or will it be to supplement something else?
Yup, I have had a few troubles trying to cad up the WR 450 headlight I have hence the space where it normally would sit.

Has anyone run just one of these lights to supplement there existing? Most seem to have doubles, just a query as I am planning on just running one, JVO racing style.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #1213
[!]WildBlue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by funhunter63 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe? View Post
Likewise.

Sanjoh, if you offered some sort of trade in on the older models for new stuff I'd imagine theres a decent amount of people still looking for the first gen 10 and 24s.

THIS!
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
[!]WildBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:00 PM   #1214
Englishmatt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 525
Props to the ADV Monster Team

So I had a 24W flood go bad after about 30 days.

I called and spoke to the tech at ADV Monster. They asked a few questions to make sure I wired the lights correctly to my bike.

They then sent me the RMA to replace the bad light. Since the 24's are no longer available, I sent both back and upgraded to the 44's.

Holy $%#$ the 44's are bright compared to the 24's. I know the lumen output is only 40% brighter, but it's a big jump. Now I have a pair of 44 Floods and a pair of 30W Spots! People see me!!!!

Once again I received the lights within two days.

Very happy with the product and customer service. The lights get attention on the bike and I'm always asked "who makes them?".

I'll send them to ADVMONSTER.com without hesitation!

Great experience!

Matt.

"I can't lead, I go too fast..." Scott Hinkle, 4/2010
Englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:11 PM   #1215
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by tileman View Post

Cool CAD model. What's going in that big bracket below the LED light?