Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #1411
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,493
The heavy duty mount will be offered as an upgrade.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #1412
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Oddometer: 1,876
I'm looking forward to the upgraded mount and will gladly pay for the upgrade.

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
univibe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #1413
gsstampeder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,044
the light weight brackets might work fine for street riding....but the vibrations and jarring that occur off road have mine failing as well.

But i guess I have no options other then PAY the money for the 'upgrade'.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #1414
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,769
ok i have a question that has never cam up on here. i just read every post. My eyes hurt now.

Anyway i have a 82 XL500R and the stock stator isn't big at all. this are perfect but here's my question. i've alread up graded teh headlight and I'm pushing the max watts that side of the stator can handle. now the other side that runs the battery, tale, brake light and the turn signals has some left. it can easily run these. But here's the question.

on the dimmer with high beam bypass does it pull the bypass power from the headlight circuit or does it just turn the dimmer off and let the full power come from the same power supply as it uses when it is dimming the lights?

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:04 PM   #1415
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
ok i have a question that has never cam up on here. i just read every post. My eyes hurt now.

Anyway i have a 82 XL500R and the stock stator isn't big at all. this are perfect but here's my question. i've alread up graded teh headlight and I'm pushing the max watts that side of the stator can handle. now the other side that runs the battery, tale, brake light and the turn signals has some left. it can easily run these. But here's the question.

on the dimmer with high beam bypass does it pull the bypass power from the headlight circuit or does it just turn the dimmer off and let the full power come from the same power supply as it uses when it is dimming the lights?
It pulls power off the dimmer power supply. The high beam only provides a signal to the relay.

We need some pics of your XL
Old 06-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #1416
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,769
this is her when I started

and this is her now.

and with in the month i will be up grading the front end to that of a 98 XR400R and possibly the rear suspension as well.

I'm having back surgery with in a few weeks and was thinking about adding the lights after i get back to work.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:16 PM   #1417
GHO100
Crazy George

Oddometer: 927
Did I miss the answer to this? Usually Sanjoh seems right on the ball, but this has been asked at least twice now, and I didn't see any response.

If someone got a response in PM from Sanjoh, please share with the forum, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmontanero View Post
Do you have a recommended Wiring set up? I've read about a problem stated here about HID and wondered if you could give us the WORD from you.

Thanks!
www.TeslaLEDS.com
www.NYMSTF.org - Support NY Riders!
GHO100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:35 PM   #1418
Optimus Prime
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Well here's an interesting issue.

I bought 24W 3-way lights last November. Went to install them for a trip and one blinked out. Sent it back in and a new one was sent when the next batch arrived, no problem.

Well, by then I didn't have time to mount the lights before my trip and they sat in the box until tonight. I got all my gear and started building the wiring kit, tested both lights and they work great. The momentary switch flips between brightness levels no problem... except that they rotate in opposite orders.

One light goes High>>Med>>Low
One light goes High>>Low>>Med

I did notice that the wire colors are different as well, one has red and black, the other white and black. This just makes me think they were from different batches.

Anyways, what the heck do I do now? I'll send Sanjoh a PM, but it's late so maybe there's a fix I'm not coming up with.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:41 AM   #1419
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHO100 View Post
Did I miss the answer to this? Usually Sanjoh seems right on the ball, but this has been asked at least twice now, and I didn't see any response.

If someone got a response in PM from Sanjoh, please share with the forum, thanks!
We are working on installation instructions to be posted on the website www.advmonster.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
Well here's an interesting issue.

I bought 24W 3-way lights last November. Went to install them for a trip and one blinked out. Sent it back in and a new one was sent when the next batch arrived, no problem.

Well, by then I didn't have time to mount the lights before my trip and they sat in the box until tonight. I got all my gear and started building the wiring kit, tested both lights and they work great. The momentary switch flips between brightness levels no problem... except that they rotate in opposite orders.

One light goes High>>Med>>Low
One light goes High>>Low>>Med

I did notice that the wire colors are different as well, one has red and black, the other white and black. This just makes me think they were from different batches.

Anyways, what the heck do I do now? I'll send Sanjoh a PM, but it's late so maybe there's a fix I'm not coming up with.
PM sent
Old 06-24-2011, 07:39 AM   #1420
PhysioWorks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Hey John
you have a pm. Loukas
PhysioWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #1421
cccbarkbuster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
heavy duty mounts

Taking my Buell up nort to da U.P. for da 6 days of Mi. 7/23 to ride when my tired self can`t ride the dirt bike any chance I can get a pair before I leave. Its dark up der at night and critters are lurking in da weeds eh? I want to see em!!
08 Buell Uly XB12xt
78 BMW R100rs (sold 3/13/11)
04 KTM200exc 09 Kawasaki Versys(daughters)
cccbarkbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #1422
CrashDBad
Big man, little bike

Oddometer: 2,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHO100 View Post

I've had both 24w lights fail with a few thousand miles on them. I assumed they had failed due to vibration. The original diagnosis from Sanjoh was possible RF interference from using with a converted HID headlight. When the 2nd light failed it was suggested the power from the HID was bleeding through and caused a voltage spike.

Both lights were replaced quickly by John. I've since put a few thousand miles on the new set without issue (still have HID as well) . He did say they do not warranty them when used in conjunction with HID lights, but I was unaware of the issue when I purchased them.
CrashDBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #1423
blown7.3lps
Brian

Oddometer: 645
were is everyone mounting the dimmer? it was much bigger then i thought it was. have not installed it yet.
blown7.3lps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #1424
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccbarkbuster View Post
Taking my Buell up nort to da U.P. for da 6 days of Mi. 7/23 to ride when my tired self can`t ride the dirt bike any chance I can get a pair before I leave. Its dark up der at night and critters are lurking in da weeds eh? I want to see em!!
Not likely to have the brackets by then as the tooling is still being finished as of today.

Send an email to dave@advmonster.com we may have a some stock brackets available.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #1425
fishEH
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Hey guys, new guy here. I actually don't ride, I joined the forum just so I could comment i this thread.
I own a 98 Land Rover Discovery and I offroad it. Right now I run Hella 4000s(100W bulbs). 2 Euro beams and 2 Fog beams, in addition to the headlights.

Does anybody else run these LED's on their trucks for off road use?
How do they compare to Hella 4000's in the amount of light thrown?

Thanks
fishEH is offline   Reply With Quote