Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #31
Wildman OP
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuwei View Post
Do you get a wet crotch--from the suit I mean? That's my main beef with Frogg Toggs. I can arrive at work mostly dry, except it looks like I had a very scary ride
Yeah. Like I said, I'm was using FrogToggs and hated the damned things. Not robust enough by far - I had to patch them twice after only three rides and the sleeves weren't long enough meaning damp cuffs/wrists. They also leaked a little around the crotch; they really sucked IMO.

Pleased with the TourMaster Sentinals. Wore them today through a thunder storm in Bulgaria. No problem at all once I'd got them on which, over Sidi Adventure boots, takes a little doing.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #32
buyarbi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
I bought frog togs and road toads (same thing ) a month ago. Just sitting on a wet seat got both me and my wife wet in the ass. They are by far the worst rainsuits I have had in my 40 years of riding. Saw an Icon pdx 2 piece rain suite that looks great but now I have to buy over the internet and hope size fits at least sort of.
Bill
buyarbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #33
rhicks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
Lots of votes for the Tourmaster Sentinel. Tourmaster has a LE (law enforcement) version that either just came out or will be out in the next few weeks that is hi-viz. Anyone have information on it?
Old 07-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #34
Wildman OP
In my castle

Okay, I'm back for more suggestions!

The Tourmaster Sentinals are great once they're on and staying on. Getting them on over Sidi Adventures is like going five rounds with Mike Tyson and getting them off is like the other five rounds.

So, simple question; does anyone know of a two piece rain suit that's as good as the Tourmaster Sentinal at keeping out the rain but more practical to get on and off.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Old 07-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #35
Tsotsie
Semi-reformed Tsotsi

Oddometer: 1,601
Nelson-Rigg 2 piece. Had it since 03.

Worn through countless rain miles and several tropical storms/deluges. Used and carried for 100K+ miles. One ride of 750 miles of continuous rain. The obvious damp spot around the neck because I dont like tight collars.

Pants are high waist with suspenders so no wet crotch. Straps under the boots to keep your boots tops dry. Zippers on the leg sides help there. Some minor repairs to be expected - goop works. Hot in summer if not raining, but then they get taken off. They are of a heavier plasticised material than some. The best less than $50 spent on riding gear ever!
Tsotsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:34 AM   #36
achtung3
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsotsie View Post
Nelson-Rigg 2 piece. Had it since 03.

Worn through countless rain miles and several tropical storms/deluges. Used and carried for 100K+ miles. One ride of 750 miles of continuous rain. The obvious damp spot around the neck because I dont like tight collars.

Pants are high waist with suspenders so no wet crotch. Straps under the boots to keep your boots tops dry. Zippers on the leg sides help there. Some minor repairs to be expected - goop works. Hot in summer if not raining, but then they get taken off. They are of a heavier plasticised material than some. The best less than $50 spent on riding gear ever!
I had my Nelson Rigg 2pc for 7yrs and rode to Alaska from California 7300 miles last month, 20 days ride 16 with rain and torrential rain, held out perfect not a single drop, neck was fine for me, I think it was $47, sure less than $50. I've heard lots good things about Tourmaster never owned one.
achtung3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #37
Wildman OP
In my castle

Nelson-Rigg

Thanks guys. Are we talking ProStorm, StormRider or WeatherPro? I'm guessing WeatherPro from the price you mention.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #38
Tsotsie
Semi-reformed Tsotsi

Oddometer: 1,601
My Nelson Rigg is an AX 1 - They made up to a version 3 - probably no longer available?
Tsotsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #39
rhicks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
Just wanted to give a quick experience with the Tourmaster Sentinel LE edition. It's hi-viz and during a pourdown in the middle of Montana I had a truck driver let me know just how well it worked. He claimed I could be seen four miles away. It worked great during multiple thunderstorms and heavy downpours. Not a single drop made it under the jacket. The head cover (to protect rain from coming in the neck) did a good job. It restricts your head movement from side to side a little but the more I wore it, the more comfortable I got with it. Overall this is a awesome jacket. My pants were the Klim Traverse and Sidi Adventure Rain. I was very happy with this combination.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:04 AM   #40
AndyGilbert
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
I've done a couple rides in the rain since I started riding a couple months ago so I like this thread. I need something to keep the ol' butt dry.
AndyGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #41
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Oddometer: 1,331
I'm curious if there are any big and tall guys that could weigh in (no pun intended). The Tourmaster Sentinel looks like it comes in up to a 4XL, but i'm worried about length.

I have had issues with pants being too short when I get on the bike and leaving a gap above my boot, which sucks in a downpour.

I have learned to eliminate the gap between the top of pants/bottom of jacket from happening by adding a set of suspenders. I would highly reccomend those for anyone who has experienced that issue, whether it's with a rain suit or just normal riding gear.

Budget isn't much of a concern because I intend this to be a long-term peice of gear.
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #42
Wildman OP
In my castle

So, finally got fed up trying to get the TourMaster Sentinal leggings over my Sidi Adventure boots so took the plunge and dropped some big coin on the BMW Klimakomfort 2 suit.

Very, very spendy but feels very well made. Zip and velco down the whole leg and a cuff that fits nicely over my jacket with a well engineered closure. I'll let you know how it performs.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #43
Bubba Bauer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
the best ever rain suits I used

I was a motorcycle courier in London.

If you`re still in Kent just go into the first army surplus store and buy
British Army DPM Tempest Waterproof Breathable Jacket / Pants

sets you back about 30-50 quid and you never ever have to worry about getting wet, maybe you have to wash the farts beer belches and storage smell out of them with nikwax when you get it, and maybe when you can`t see the camo pattern any more from the salt they poured on the road in january (or just wait 2 days for the next rain), but thats it.

Comfortable breathes well stops wind and rain and the material is not chafingand not bulky I was wearing the pants all year round, cause it would take time to get off the bike to get them on and never had issues of them being to hot. And the stuff is REALLY durable roadsalt muck crash walking standing riding in it not a problem 10-12 hours a day every day.

I think you can get them without the camo in drab green or just go and buy navy blue .

This fuckin thing literally made it avaible for me to work outdoors and not hang myself in Blighty, cause I can`t stand beeing wet and miserable days on end.

BTW the only boot other than a gumboot keeping my feet dry was the Alpinestars MX4 waterproofs but I always wore army gore tex boot liners about 5 quid! And the MX4 is comfy too, but too hot for OZ!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #44
srpuywa
Big 'G'

Oddometer: 424
aerostitch Darian Jacket and Pants