Old 01-15-2014, 02:25 PM   #1
hempster OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
2014 Eureka Springs Hillbilly Dualsport Tour

April 3-4-5 Travelers Inn will again be the Host motel
2044 E Van Buren (hyway 62) Eureka Springs Arkansas

Call 479 363 6664 or If no answer call 479 253 5600 this # is another motel they own. Travelers Inn is getting a major remodel and will be closed till March so you might not get thru to them at the first #. We again get the meeting room and a very modest breakfast. At least 2 breakfast places are right across the road if you want a good meal.

This ride is FREE There are no fees for anything you do here, exception is you are responsible for booking and paying for your own room if you want one. Camping for 5$ a tent is available at the motel.I don’t think they have hookups for RVs, but right up the road a mile or so is a spot for that.

Just as a little legal disclaimer--------- this ride is nothing more than a group of like minded people getting together to celebrate life. No groups or people are in charge, and what you do at this ride is totally up to you. YOU are responsible for what you do or don't do as far as attending goes. We all want to ride and have fun, so smile, be nice, and be safe.

If I get shirts printed they will be sold at cost and I will need your money up front. More info to come on the shirts if there is enough interest.

I have routes from several years past that will be available at the motel. Groups get formed at the rider meetings at 7-7:30 in the mornings. Groups stagger out after that when they feel like it. If two groups are riding the same route we try to have 30 minutes between them or one group ride the route in the opposite direction. Keep the noise , speed, and dust down while passing homes, this helps keep the locals from getting so upset with us. You will be able to find a group that meets your skills. One or more GPS units are a must for a group, not just to stay on route, but to figure out where to bail out if the need comes up. The ride no faster than the slowest guy in your group can do safely guideline should be followed.

Anywhere from 50 to 150 riders will be here, just depends on the year. It will be Diversity weekend in Eureka Springs again this year which can get quite interesting at the bars, and around town. Bring your skirts and heels if you feel the need.

See you there Uncle Dave

hemphill at sunflower dot com if you need more info, or would like the tracks I will ride this year.

hempster screwed with this post 03-01-2014 at 06:58 AM
hempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #2
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 28,458
IN! again!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:56 PM   #3
on2wheels52
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,087
Also.
Jim
on2wheels52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #4
LONG DONGER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
ya yah, sounds interesting, put me down as a definite maybe. Well, okay, there if I get my bike back from Texas....is a GSA a dual sport?
LONG DONGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:05 PM   #5
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,373
Impossible to read the info. ???
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #6
JPDenny
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Sounds good!!
JPDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #7
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Impossible to read the info. ???
here..let me help you with that!

April 3-4-5 Travelers Inn will again be the Host motel
2044 E Van Buren (hyway 62) Eureka Springs Arkansas

Call 479 363 6664 or If no answer call 478 253 5600 this # is another motel they own. Travelers Inn is getting a major remodel and will be closed till March so you might not get thru to them at the first #. We again get the meeting room and a very modest breakfast. At least 2 breakfast places are right across the road if you want a good meal.
This ride is FREE There are no fees for anything you do here, exception is you are responsible for booking and paying for your own room if you want one. Camping for 5$ a tent is available at the motel.I don’t think they have hookups for RVs, but right up the road a mile or so is a spot for that.
Just as a little legal disclaimer--------- this ride is nothing more than a group of likeminded people getting together to celebrate life. No groups or people are in charge, and what you do at this ride is totally up to you. YOU are responsible for what you do or don't do as far as attending goes. We all want to ride and have fun, so smile, be nice, and be safe.
If I get shirts printed they will be sold at cost and I will need your money up front. More info to come on the shirts if there is enough interest.

I have routes from several years past that will be available in the future. Groups get formed at the rider meetings at 7-7:30 in the mornings. Groups stagger out after that when they feel like it. If two groups are riding the same route we try to have 30 minutes between them or one group ride the route in the opposite direction. Keep the noise , speed, and dust down while passing homes, this helps keep the locals from getting so upset with us. You will be able to find a group that meets your skills. One or more GPS units are a must for a group, not just to stay on route, but to figure out where to bail out if the need comes up. The ride no faster than the slowest guy in your group can do safely guideline should be followed.
Anywhere from 50 to 150 riders will be here, just depends on the year. It will be Diversity weekend in Eureka Springs again this year which can get quite interesting at the bars, and around town. Bring your skirts and heels if you feel the need.
See you there Uncle Dave
hemphill at sunflower dot com if you need more info

DrLewall screwed with this post 01-17-2014 at 03:00 PM
Old 01-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #8
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks. Not the type but the color. Basically black against a black surface.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #9
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Thanks. Not the type but the color. Basically black against a black surface.
how does the silver type look?
Old 01-17-2014, 04:57 PM   #10
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
how does the silver type look?
Yours is fine. hempters is not legible for some reason. Screening Texans?
Old 01-18-2014, 05:37 AM   #11
DrLewall
The Human GPS

I have my page set at FRESH which gives me white pages and black type, as it should be! I can't do them "gangsta" colors...call me old fashion
Old 01-18-2014, 06:31 AM   #12
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,748
Quote:
I have my page set at FRESH which gives me white pages and black type, as it should be! I can't do them "gangsta" colors...call me old fashion
This ↑↑
Old 01-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #13
hempster OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Question

"gangsta" uncle Dave here The type and colors used just show off my lack of computer skills. As usual DrLewall bailed me out. I will do my best to be a better poster with all my new found skills.
hempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:46 AM   #14
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Howdy Hi Gangsta Dave!

Old 01-19-2014, 07:01 PM   #15
ozarkrider
Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer: 5,130
Quote:
Nah, yer jus' old.

Put me down as a definite maybe perhaps.

I'm not weird, I'm Limited Edition!

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is 100%
ozarkrider is offline   Reply With Quote