ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012, 07:29 AM   #1591
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,256
With the warm temps and the nice day I loaded up my 450 and rode Canfield for a bit. Battled some snow, but generally it was more clear than I expected. I ended up doing a bunch of laps on the same route since I knew it was snow free enough for me to get through easy enough.

Sounds like everyone is starting to dust off their bikes.

I might not make the motorcycle show. OC is *dragging* me down to Juniper.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #1592
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,288
The weather report for next weekend doesn't look too bad...not that I have a lot of faith in one this far out. I'm really antsy to go for a decent ride. Anyone feel like riding down on the Palouse after the bike show next Saturday?
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #1593
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
With the warm temps and the nice day I loaded up my 450 and rode Canfield for a bit. Battled some snow, but generally it was more clear than I expected. I ended up doing a bunch of laps on the same route since I knew it was snow free enough for me to get through easy enough.

Sounds like everyone is starting to dust off their bikes.

I might not make the motorcycle show. OC is *dragging* me down to Juniper.
Juniper this coming weekend? Hmmmmmmmm this is going to be a tough weekend to figure out.

Motorcycle show Fri. afternoon looks like a plan for me. Not there is anything I need there.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #1594
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Juniper this coming weekend? Hmmmmmmmm this is going to be a tough weekend to figure out.

Motorcycle show Fri. afternoon looks like a plan for me. Not there is anything I need there.
Good idea, Moto show on Friday night (dinner meet up *ahem*) Then Juniper for the weekend.

Looks like I'll be riding the KLR at Juniper. I need some heavy-bike, bad suspension, low power training. Think the KLR will fit that bill?

Old 03-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #1595
Alpha One Nine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
Good idea, Moto show on Friday night (dinner meet up *ahem*) Then Juniper for the weekend.

Looks like I'll be riding the KLR at Juniper. I need some heavy-bike, bad suspension, low power training. Think the KLR will fit that bill?

Be sure to fill up your new official "Riders of Kawasaki" oil container.
2005 KLR650 - The KLR
2010 R1200RT - The Ultimate Touring Machine
Alpha One Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #1596
DiamondLie
Banned

Oddometer: 464
Snow (melting now into mud) all around our place (up at almost 3K feet) prevented me from getting out on any of the bikes. I sure saw a lot of two wheelers out putting around though. Dang Nabbit!!!
DiamondLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #1597
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Motorcycle show this weekend and two chances to meetup with the Spo/Cda ADVers.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769624
Old 03-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #1598
airheadbruce
Uncle Dumbshit

Oddometer: 474
Garmin gps wizards help

OK, who here is a master at programming these new computer GPS things? I found a Garmin gpsmap60cs at a good price. Got all the software loaded, now I need to learn how to use it! Interested in setting it up to follow a preplanned route and copying other tracks into it.
I know you've got one LADYBUG! O yeah, located in Spokane area, don't follow written instructions well, need hands on kinda help.
2008 Yamaha Zuma
airheadbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #1599
Alpha One Nine
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by airheadbruce View Post
OK, who here is a master at programming these new computer GPS things? I found a Garmin gpsmap60cs at a good price. Got all the software loaded, now I need to learn how to use it! Interested in setting it up to follow a preplanned route and copying other tracks into it.
I know you've got one LADYBUG! O yeah, located in Spokane area, don't follow written instructions well, need hands on kinda help.
I know my way around MapSource a little bit. I could certainly help you create some simple routes and export them to your device. PM me with your phone number if you want. If you have broadband internet I can connect to your PC with a remote control application and we could work on it over the phone.
2005 KLR650 - The KLR
Old 03-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #1600
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,772
Quote:
In an give you a hand if needed

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #1601
rkclm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Question Need an explaination...

Can some one tell me what Juniper is????
rkclm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #1602
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Hi rkclm,
Welcome to the fold.

Juniper is an OHV area down by Tri-cities that comprises some sandy dune areas, as well as just open scrubland.

Its a good place to go ride in the winter when all our good riding is snowed in this time of year. Plus its good desert training.

http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recr...php?siteid=270

You need flags, but don't need the Disco pass since its BLM, not state.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #1603
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
I know enough to be dangereous with Basecamp. Maybe our next ADV get together needs to be a GPS class. Or exploration anyway.
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #1604
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Good idea. We just need someone to teach it that will present the information at a level that we can all understand. The last GPS mapping/use class I attended was so over my head I walked away feeling like I had been fed a tub full of mush. I think I went backward about 15 steps in knowledge.

We also need to do a few geocache rides this season. Yesterday I did a 125 mile geocache loop (in my pickup) that I would like to take a group on. It's mostly paved but back roads and I need help finding the geocaches because out of the 10 or so caches I was going after I only found one. PNW Buttercup is good at finding those hidden treasures, she makes a good pointer and I know she would like this route. Where the heck is that girl anyway.

PS AirheadBruce - - - - the "Look twice Motorcycles are everywhere" sticker on the back of your van is a dead give away that it's your van. And you weren't even looking once until I got your attention.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #1605
Alpha One Nine
Studly Adventurer

Juniper looks like a fun place to park the camper and ride the little blue bike for a few days.
2005 KLR650 - The KLR