ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2014, 05:17 PM   #4351
Dr. Hemlock
lumpy pile of goo

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptiMind View Post
...I'm more willing to be brave(stupid) on the bike that cost me $2,000 than the one that cost over $10,000...
That's exactly what has stopped me going some places I'd like to. Have done some dumb stuff on my F800GS. Later checked out costs for replacement plastics and other parts. That settled me down pretty damn quick. Wife says I can buy a dirt bike "someday"...which really means "never."
Dr. Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #4352
BronsonRock
Banned

Oddometer: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Bronson Rock, let us know how those F800 rims hold up for you out on rough terrain - from what I understand they have provided many F800 riders with an adventure.

Seem to be holding up just fine, Bug.

And anyone knows the only people that say "size doesn't matter, it's how you use it" have little ones themselves.
BronsonRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #4353
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronsonRock View Post
Until they don't - then call Woody's

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #4354
EmptiMind
Stoopid Youngin'

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Hemlock View Post
That's exactly what has stopped me going some places I'd like to. Have done some dumb stuff on my F800GS. Later checked out costs for replacement plastics and other parts. That settled me down pretty damn quick. Wife says I can buy a dirt bike "someday"...which really means "never."
That's what I'm hoping to get some TW's for! They'll be "adventure"bikes by LB's definition, but they'll be 30/70 instead of 70/30 like my wee. If only I could find a way to pack it on the wee...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Old 03-11-2014, 06:46 PM   #4355
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-treks View Post
I'll ping you when I'm leaving the house - should be around 3. If the weather holds like today maybe I'll dust of the GS1150 - I think that's a Dual Sport - no wait, Wendy would say it doesn't work in the dirt or maybe it was something about not knowing how to use my tool I still think it was the earthquake
Wasn't that the bike you were riding down South when Wendy kissed the pavement when you got off the dirt?

I'll see you Fri. I'll head to the Fairgrounds after you ping me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronsonRock View Post

And anyone knows the only people that say "size doesn't matter, it's how you use it" have little ones themselves.
I like that picture where was it taken?
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #4356
BronsonRock
Banned

Oddometer: 213
Red rocks area in CO.
BronsonRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:00 PM   #4357
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Wasn't that the bike you were riding down South when Wendy kissed the pavement when you got off the dirt?
that's the one - It had nothing to do with an overloaded 1150 hitting deep sand at 60mph it was the earthquake Talk about needing a steering damper to this day she still thinks it was angles that stopped to pick us up off the ground.

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:07 PM   #4358
wonderspoon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards View Post
That could of been us. A black and white new gen KLR and a black old school KLR. Ended up on Valley Chapel via Hangman, Rockford, Valley Ford and then down the back way to visit A19 in Chester. Kind of a usual early spring shakedown. Lots of sand on those there roads.
Might have been. Coulda swore it was a beemer but my eyes aren't great and the new KLR in black and white looks a lot more like it than the old(er) school ones.

Also, any chance any of you guys are my neighbors? Up on 30th on the South hill. Guy (or gal, I suppose)a few houses down has a KLR 650 (noticed when the garage was open), but I've never seen him leave the house. Alsonoticed a DRZ 400 parked off of 29th.
wonderspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:52 PM   #4359
smithe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderspoon View Post
Might have been. Coulda swore it was a beemer but my eyes aren't great and the new KLR in black and white looks a lot more like it than the old(er) school ones.

Also, any chance any of you guys are my neighbors? Up on 30th on the South hill. Guy (or gal, I suppose)a few houses down has a KLR 650 (noticed when the garage was open), but I've never seen him leave the house. Alsonoticed a DRZ 400 parked off of 29th.
I still think it was us, odds of a black older style KLR and a black and white beemer looking bike in the same area at the same time? I live on the lower north side so I know it's not me.
smithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:11 PM   #4360
EmptiMind
Stoopid Youngin'

I've been meaning to ask. Anyone here live on Wilbur Rd? Pretty sure I saw a larger BMW GS with some Jesse bags in a garage near me. Can't remember which garage though, else I'd go introduce myself.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:52 AM   #4361
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2Ride View Post
No, but I have a gopro app that allows me to watch it, start and stop it and turn it on and off with my phone. I have a Blade 180 quad coming in the mail tomorrow that has an HD video/camera on it.
If I like it, I will get a DJI Phantom with a gopro mount.
I"ve flown the DJI and its pretty sweet. I've been flying a lot of quads lately....

You guys might check out www.reelcameras.com they have a GoPro competitive camera and are based in CdA, ID.

I just got a couple of them for flying in quads and for my mtn. Biking. I've taken some footage of some of my touristy journey's here in HK.. though will probably give them a try on the mountain bike trails this weekend. Yay!

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #4362
MotoNerd
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
First Day Trip of 2014

Hey all!! Took my first Day Trip of 2014.. nothing too crazy, because I slept in way too late!! Ahhh, lucky me, I know! March 12, 2014, headed down south to Steptoe Butte State Park.. What a great place! Was telling myself the whole way up the butte, I bet I'm the the only one here.. get to the top, and there was a GS Adventure sitting there.. love us ADV folks! Then a car came up after he left..

Old 03-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #4363
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,385
Nice photos and now I know the road to Steptoe is clear
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:51 AM   #4364
KlodHopper
Banned

Oddometer: 10
Talk about a bluebird sky! Spring is here.
KlodHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:28 PM   #4365
EmptiMind
Stoopid Youngin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNerd View Post
Hey all!! Took my first Day Trip of 2014.. nothing too crazy, because I slept in way too late!! Ahhh, lucky me, I know! March 12, 2014, headed down south to Steptoe Butte State Park.. What a great place! Was telling myself the whole way up the butte, I bet I'm the the only one here.. get to the top, and there was a GS Adventure sitting there.. love us ADV folks! Then a car came up after he left..
Nice looking Strom there! Color me jealous.

So, bike show tomorrow!!! In case anyone forgot, Skyway Cafe 9 am sharp! Or there abouts... I'll probably be late. Info: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=960064

Also, if anyone has spotted a TW200 lately, I'm freaking desperate.

I've literally climbed through three barns to look at peoples "great running" "Mid-90s" TW200s. They've all been '87s. None of them have had their oil changed in over 10 years. One has carb issues, one has CDI issues, one is rusted to oblivion. All needed tires. None of them would take a dime under $1000 for their 27 year old, rusted hunks of junk.

Oh, and welcome to the forum KlodHopper. Join us tomorrow at the pre-show breakfast!