ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2014, 07:52 AM   #5251
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomedic View Post
So, 262ci or 350ci? I think the 350s were CA cars with that really crappy lo-po "smog" motor, but I remember the 262s as being kinda fun.....
I have the 262. I am still stock with the 2 barrel carb and everything. But the smog stuff is gone - It was strangling the car really bad. Stock worked, so I didn't mess with it. I can get in plenty of trouble as it is. It is a little car and with the 262 it goes really well for what it is. It isn't super fast compared to a modern performance car, but it is just really fun to drive. I can still spin the tires going down the highway at 60 mph - I've done it. If it is wet out, you can start the car in 3rd gear from a dead stop and still spin the tires. If it is wet out, you pretty much spin the tires with everything you do.

But the stock carb is failing me now and coming apart. It isn't held together with much right now. I have a new intake with a 4 barrel Edelbrock on the shelf ready to go and a set of headers sitting next it to - all waiting for me to get off the bikes and get around to installing it all. I just have to go and do it.

I took the car to get the windshield replaced once. When I went to pick it up, the guy working the shop was a little mad at me. He had more people come in and offer to buy the car then and there than he had customers for the whole day. He handed me a whole pile of business cards, names and phone numbers and said they all wanted the car. I thought it was funny.
75monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:43 AM   #5252
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,367
Nice. I haven't had a "fun" car for awhile- last one was a F150 Lightning. I miss the sound of a well tuned V8 in full song.

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. -Anthony Bourdain
Motomedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:50 PM   #5253
EmptiMind
Stoopid Youngin'

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFVET84 View Post
I'm right here MM. Working on my ghetto-fabulous chainsaw mount. I'll bring a chainsaw for the trees and a shovel for the snow. Oh yeah, I'm bringing my son to operate the shovel. So where and when are we meeting? My vote is for otis grill. 8 or 9 ish. Scooter steve said he's interested, Dr Hemlock is going out of town. Anybody else? Empty mind? This time we wont be denied!
I wish you guys luck. I'm running low on funds at the moment. Breaking out the penny jar this month. Poorly timed family vacation, but at least I'm not paying for the plane tickets.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:00 PM   #5254
scootersteve
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
I'm right here MM. Working on my ghetto-fabulous chainsaw mount. I'll bring a chainsaw for the trees and a shovel for the snow. Oh yeah, I'm bringing my son to operate the shovel. So where and when are we meeting? My vote is for otis grill. 8 or 9 ish. Scooter steve said he's interested, Dr Hemlock is going out of town. Anybody else? Empty mind? This time we wont be denied!
i am interested in the ride. Otis Grill is fine or there is an American Legan in Post Falls that does an all you eat breakfast for $7 including coffee and OJ, and profits are put back into the cumminity. Corner of Syringa and Poleline. And they are quick! I will go along with everybody else. let me know what we are going to do. I will bring rain gear this time!
scootersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:44 AM   #5255
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer

I'm not too picky as far as what we eat, but the Otis Grill is handy for me...

Old 06-13-2014, 08:18 AM   #5256
Scoutman
Master of Ale

Oddometer: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomedic View Post
I'm not too picky as far as what we eat, but the Otis Grill is handy for me...
Are you guys trying to run the 302 up and over Pass Creek to Sullivan Lake? Sat or Sun?
Scoutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #5257
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer

Sunday, and I'm not sure what road it was. I was just following along...

Old 06-13-2014, 07:44 PM   #5258
AFVET84
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Yep thats the rd. Scoutman. We got stopped by snow two weeks ago. There was some trees across the road but we got around them. This time we'll have a chainsaw ( just in case) and a young man with a shovel. You wanna go?
AFVET84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:14 PM   #5259
wrenchedit
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Question

Anyone signing up for some track time on June 22nd? info at www.inlandspeed.com
wrenchedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #5260
AFVET84
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
K fellas, I say we meet at 9 at the american legion in post falls. Hope the weather cooperates
AFVET84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:49 PM   #5261
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer

Oh the weather will cooperate all right, as long as your idea of cooperation includes a bit of water....

Nevertheless, I shall be in attendance.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:25 PM   #5262
EmptiMind
Stoopid Youngin'

Oddometer: 459
Isolated thunderstorms all day is what they predict. I wouldn't be surprised if it snowed or was sunny the entire day though. These weather people are useless.

Feike's trying to coax me into going, and depending on the girlfriend's work schedule tomorrow, I may very well be in attendance. She keeps getting extra hours which is nice, cause we need the money, but she hasn't had a day off in a week or two. Would have her come along, but don't think she can keep up with this group.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:14 PM   #5263
Scoutman
Master of Ale

Oddometer: 237
Quote:
Yep thats the rd. Scoutman. We got stopped by snow two weeks ago. There was some trees across the road but we got around them. This time we'll have a chainsaw ( just in case) and a young man with a shovel. You wanna go?
I wish.... You are in my back yard.... Just talked to the head forester at Sullivan last night.... He said Pass Creek might be open but it would be close... I'll be hanging out with my kids on Sun but u guys have fun..... Cathy's is a good choice for chow if u make it over
Scoutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:08 PM   #5264
scootersteve
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
K fellas, I say we meet at 9 at the american legion in post falls. Hope the weather cooperates
I like this plan! Because I am cheap! Weather likes like it will be OK! You know what they say if you leave in the rain you can not get caught in the rain!!!!! Empty minded I hope you guys can make it!
scootersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:25 AM   #5265
BrewMoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
it's fishing season, y'all.
Behold: the GMW G650TUV (trout utility vehicle)

BrewMoto is offline   Reply With Quote