ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2014, 08:36 PM   #5476
Alpha One Nine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road2Adv View Post
Rick, those Connie's look like sisters. Did Dave wheelie his?
I didn't witness any wheelies yesterday but I can't imagine he hasn't.
2005 KLR650 - The KLR
2010 R1200RT - The Ultimate Touring Machine
Alpha One Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:42 PM   #5477
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,470
Yep, good to be riding again.

I brought the Buell out of hibernation figuring that if I stick to the road, I have a much better chance of fully healing without crashing again....

So, my co-worker Jesse and I did the standard Lake CDA loop thru St. Marie's, with a stop at Conkling to say hey to Live2Ride, et al. I had a weird ride-never felt connected to the bike, couldn't find my rhythm, and generally felt a bit off. No time records were set, no Ferraris were blown off, just simply went through the motions. Like I said, weird.

Ah well, it HAS been almost 4 years since I rode the bike. I guess there will be a re-adjustment period of sorts.

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. -Anthony Bourdain
Motomedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #5478
Alpha One Nine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDHWY View Post
Got any pics of the Road Glide? I enjoy seeing Harley's on the ADV bike forum!
No pics of the Road Glide.
By the time it showed up the camera was packed away.
Too bad though, it sure is a nice looking bike.
2005 KLR650 - The KLR
2010 R1200RT - The Ultimate Touring Machine
Alpha One Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:45 PM   #5479
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wansfel View Post
Did a solo across from Lochsa/US 12 to St. Regis Sunday/Monday. Great country. But when I got out at St. Regis, I noticed no right side pannier. Would appreciate keeping an eye out by intrepid voyagers should you get out to those neck of the woods in the near future. An HT Mojave soft pannier - black holding tire pump, tools, first aid, tubes (one bad) and other misc items.

Looking at my pictures, I pinned the location down to a 4 mile stretch back from the junction of 715 and 320 on 715 to a rock slide area. Now you see it now you don't. Left word this morning with the Panhandle USFS St. Maries HQ.

Picture A, right pannier present:

Picture B, right pannier missing:

Google Maps satellite view of above picture locations. 4 mile stretch of rough road, even rougher stretch leading to point A.

Full path (less some side trips).

Super trip. I covered 330 miles over the two days. 160 miles from Powell to St. Regis.

Thanks,

Ron
Was that route from the Lochsa Lodge, over Cayuse Junction, the Cedars and Red Ives? That's what I partially ran coming back from the BOM. Bailed at the Cedars and headed to Superior due to time. And heat. Remote country, doesn't exactly see a lot of traffic. If so, how was the route from Cedars to Red Ives? I need to do that part sometime.
IdahoRenegade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #5480
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRenegade View Post
Was that route from the Lochsa Lodge, over Cayuse Junction, the Cedars and Red Ives? That's what I partially ran coming back from the BOM. Bailed at the Cedars and headed to Superior due to time. And heat. Remote country, doesn't exactly see a lot of traffic. If so, how was the route from Cedars to Red Ives? I need to do that part sometime.
USFS 715 (gospel Hill Road) is a rough road, so slow going, but a GOOD ride. We took the dogs and truck on my back trail from St. Regis yesterday. SO,SO slow in truck (but oh how comfy!) Back tracked from the junction of 715 (Gospel Hill Road) and 320 (comes out at Superior) about 4 miles to the rock slide area, but no panniers. Started at 10 am from home and returned by way of 320/Superior at 8:30 pm. So much faster on two wheels. We did scrounge a load of pre-cut fire wood (road clearings) and the huckleberries are WILD this year so it wasn't a total loss.

Talked with a couple on a Tiger (him) and DR650 (her) riding from south of SLC on the T3 and exchanged route info.

The track I did from Lochsa to St. Regis is a keeper. 160 miles of really great remote, scenic riding.
Wansfel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:21 PM   #5481
Live2Ride
Not Famous

Oddometer: 3,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomedic View Post
. I had a weird ride-never felt connected to the bike, couldn't find my rhythm, and generally felt a bit off. .
You sounded pretty "connected" leaving the marina.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:53 PM   #5482
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,470
I guess (looking at your sig line) that more than a few people in Conkling Marina knew I was in the area....

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. -Anthony Bourdain
Motomedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:04 PM   #5483
DoubleThumper
Purposefully Lost

Oddometer: 261
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2Ride View Post
You sounded pretty "connected" leaving the marina.
I rode about 300 miles today, stopped to say hi to Rainbow007, Motomedic, and then went down to the marina to say hi to Live2Ride but it was too late - 5:30, they told me he took off at 4:30.

Sent from my MIND using TELEKINESIS V2.3
DoubleThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:19 AM   #5484
Live2Ride
Not Famous

Oddometer: 3,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleThumper View Post
I rode about 300 miles today, stopped to say hi to Rainbow007, Motomedic, and then went down to the marina to say hi to Live2Ride but it was too late - 5:30, they told me he took off at 4:30.

Sorry I missed you. I"m there 7 days a week until the end of October, so if you get back in the area (before 4:30)stop by.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #5485
Rainbow007
Boldly going Nowhere

Oddometer: 276
Laugh

Was a nice surprise to see ya. Always a joy to pull my head out of my computer and visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleThumper View Post

04 CRF230
11 DR650
Rainbow007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:07 AM   #5486
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,260
So....anyone gonna be around for a ride in late Sept? I gotta start plannin' early. Just a day ride is about all I'll be able to muster during this visit.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:25 PM   #5487
airheadbruce
Uncle Dumbshit

Oddometer: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
So....anyone gonna be around for a ride in late Sept? I gotta start plannin' early. Just a day ride is about all I'll be able to muster during this visit.
Are you buying the beer if I show up?
Old 08-24-2014, 08:15 PM   #5488
smithe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
How I spent this past Thursday and Friday.

Hopped on the Tiger and road to Pacific Beach Thursday, camped for $10 on a bluff right by the ocean, and back home to Spokane on Friday with a buddy on his older Concours.

We took I-90 to I-82 to US-12. We stopped at a water fall that also had a view of the lake and Kloochman Rock and just a little further at the top of the Pass for a quick photo at the sign. I did really push my luck fuel wise and when we rolled into Packwood my trip computer said I had 4 miles to empty! I managed to put 4.6 gallons in the 5.3 gallon tank so, not sure what that means? Had a great elk burger in Packwood before heading out.

The campsite was packed with a huge high school football team/coaches/support but they were surprisingly quiet. After we set up camp, we headed to a good place called Mill 109 in Seabrook just a couple miles away for a great burger and some really good beer. Back at camp we caught the sunset, started a fire and had a couple more drinks while bs'ing til about 10 or so.

Woke up with so much moisture in the air that our bikes were soaked, it looked like it had rained hard but it hadn't rained at all. I am so glad I thought to put the rain covers on both my bags and take everything that wasn't in them into my tent. My buddy wasn't as lucky, he left his chair out, his gloves on his bike, and a few other things out as well.

It didn't take long before we hit rain, high winds and lightning but mostly we skirted the early storms. We did stop at Rimrock Lake and took a few pics, that is one huge lake! We made a couple other random stops along US-12 but nothing exciting.

Lot's of wind and storms all around us heading back to I-90 but we mostly skirted the storms and didn't get drenched but the lightning was nerve wracking!

In all the years I have lived in Spokane and traveled to the west side of the state, I have never stopped at the horse thing near Vantage. At the last second I pulled over to take a look. There is a dirt road that goes around the back side so I took it to see what I could find. I didn't go too far and I would like to go back there and ride further, I think if I wasn't so tired, and sore, I would have gone much further to see what I could find.

The rest the ride home was uneventful with more heavy winds, including headwind that really killed my fuel economy. A bit outside of Moses Lake I had enough range to get home with probably 30+ miles of range to spare. At Sprague, WA I stopped for gas with 7 miles of range! Again 4.6 gallons in the tank.

Next time I head over there I will make sure I have at least one extra day to have a bit more fun.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:37 AM   #5489
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by airheadbruce View Post
Are you buying the beer if I show up?
Yep, and speaking of beer....it better be somewhere with a good beer. The phrase "Micro Brew" or "Craft Beer" or "hops" means nothing to this culture.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:03 PM   #5490
DoubleThumper
Purposefully Lost

Oddometer: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithe View Post
How I spent this past Thursday and Friday.t.

Nice! I bet you like the new ride better then the KLR.

Sent from my MIND using TELEKINESIS V2.3
DoubleThumper is offline   Reply With Quote