Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #211
rich_mc
Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Oddometer: 2,218
Yep, you're wrong...mine has the stock exhaust and no issues with interference...

2011 Connie 1400
rich_mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #212
Shep
Vagabond

Oddometer: 493
The accessibility of the Kriega is something that concerned me as well. When I am riding around locally I just use a small tail bag or tank bag so I can access items quickly. On a trip, I found the Kriegas to work well. I normally did not need to get in them for anything until I was done riding for the day. If I did, I could still get in them. For example, I carried all of my clothes and a small atlas and my iPad in the 20. I was able to take the iPad and atlas in and out just fine. The main reason I used a tank bag instead of another Kriega on the tank was for quicker access to items like a tire gauge, gloves, ear plugs, etc. Biggest problem I had was getting my short legs over the seat with those bags on back!

Shep
Old 05-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #213
doublen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_mc View Post
Yep, you're wrong...mine has the stock exhaust and no issues with interference...
Re-read. I said "Without".
doublen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #214
rich_mc
Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublen View Post
Re-read. I said "Without".
I did have a few beers in by the time I read your post, but still Musta read wrong.... regardless, work fine with stock exhaust.... I think they would bolt up to non stock exhaust bikes... back bolts mount to a piece that bolts to the tail piece under the license plate bracket.... front bolts fasten to the same bolts under the side cover that the stock exhaust fastens to.... might have to get different bolts, but should bolt up.... pipe to bag clearance = no idea.....

2011 Connie 1400
Old 05-31-2011, 05:31 AM   #215
Shep
Vagabond

Oddometer: 493
I asked the guys at Sportmotogear a couple questions and they responded almost immediately. They sent me a copy of the installation instructions so I could see how they mount. It looks like there is no reason they would not work with my Arrow highs.

This is a lousy pic, as I failed to pay attention to what I was doing. Morning in Asheville before I headed home. No connection with the other riders...I'm a solo guy.

From left: Councourse, BMW K, Ducati Monster 796 and my Triple

Shep
Old 05-31-2011, 09:19 AM   #216
scootertrog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Plus 1 for the Kriega gear - love it!

scootertrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:28 PM   #217
rich_mc
Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Started on my trip today and forgot to reset the shift light from where they had it set for break in period.... can any of you tell me how to set it up higher than 5K rpm ....?

2011 Connie 1400
Old 06-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #218
Lopoetve
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 667
Quote:
Started on my trip today and forgot to reset the shift light from where they had it set for break in period.... can any of you tell me how to set it up higher than 5K rpm ....?
Engine on, top button will rotate to setup eventually, and it should be in there (once you're through break-in). At least, that's what I remember the manual saying, but I'm also in break-in and it's not available yet :(
There's a real simple test for "does my bike have soul": when you're on it do you feel like Sigurd hitting mach III on Fafnir's back while you decapitate pedestrians with Gram and plunge into a spinning color vortex of lust-hate-fear-madness as you leap the Himalayas? If so, you have found your mount. If not... the quest may be long, indeed. Embrace the inevitable - Scrannel
Lopoetve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #219
rich_mc
Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Sweet...thanks....was able to just get it shut off...much better now..... 600 miles in last 2 days and all is well except for a weird sound as I come to a stop, but its intermittent....

2011 Connie 1400
Old 06-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #220
VixObs
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Kriega

To make my Kriega a little bit more secure, l attached the straps to the frame under the seat. When I remove the bags the straps tuck in out of the way under the seat.
Attached Images

VixObs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #221
doublen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Quote:
I did have a few beers in by the time I read your post, but still Musta read wrong.... regardless, work fine with stock exhaust.... I think they would bolt up to non stock exhaust bikes... back bolts mount to a piece that bolts to the tail piece under the license plate bracket.... front bolts fasten to the same bolts under the side cover that the stock exhaust fastens to.... might have to get different bolts, but should bolt up.... pipe to bag clearance = no idea.....
Haha, thanks for the reply. Good information.
doublen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #222
fhammond
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
2010 vs 2011 Street Triple differences?

Hi all,

I'm thinking about getting a Street Triple (it's actually a present for my girlfriend's 40th birthday) and was looking at a 2010 model my local dealer has in stock.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the 2010 and 2011? The dealer doesn't think there's much (if any) difference. I don't want to wait to get the 2012 model, since my girlfriend prefers the round headlights.

thanks!
Fergus
fhammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #223
mcteague
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhammond View Post
Hi all,

I'm thinking about getting a Street Triple (it's actually a present for my girlfriend's 40th birthday) and was looking at a 2010 model my local dealer has in stock.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the 2010 and 2011? The dealer doesn't think there's much (if any) difference. I don't want to wait to get the 2012 model, since my girlfriend prefers the round headlights.

thanks!
Fergus
There are no differences. I just bought a 2011, although the sticker says it was built in 4/10 the VIN says it's a 2011 - go figure. I was hoping mine would have the MOSFET rectifier\regulator but it does not. I too dislike the 2012 lights and mismash of old and new logos.

It's the most fun motorcycle I have ever ridden. The R model was sold out but I got a nice deal on the standard. I can always use the savings to upgrade the suspension at some point. It can be a bit rough riding on bad roads but it never seems to get out of control. Of course, at 160lbs, I am not outside the target weight range. 200+ pounders can easliy overwhelm the suspension from what I have read. The basic brakes, 2 pots but with stainless steel hoses, seem more than up to the task for road riding.

However, you seem to be perpeptuating the stereotype that the Street is a girls bike and real men get the Speed.

Tim
mcteague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #224
Klink
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Daytona Shock in Street Triple

On the subject of upgrading standard Street Triples, I found the rear shock to be the most obvious cost-cutting item. It's soft, bottoms under bigger bumps and gets all bouncy after some brisk riding.

I found a new (presumably removed to fit an Ohlins) 675 Daytona shock on eBay in the UK. Cost me $300 to my door and another $50 to get it fitted.

Much more betterer. It's taller, stiffer and doesn't get bouncy. Now I can get as brisk as I want. Recommended, if you can find one.

Klink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #225
Klink
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23

My 2010. In this pic, stock except for fender eliminator and Daytona shock. Have subsequently fitted a CRG mirror in place of the usual frying pans.

Still to come: An Arrow Low Boy exhaust.
Klink is offline   Reply With Quote