Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #466
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,142
I've seen new Street Tripple last Saturday on Intermot and I am in love. I liked old one a lot, but new one with Arrows and R-model is so smart, compact and "together"...and much better made (from visual inspection). It still looks Street Tripple. Specially profile. And that headlight cap makes miles difference
Do not judge from photos. Not working. I was kinda "oh, they lost it" until I saw real thing.
With Truimph signature "cap" on headlight it looks ace.
And super smart crash pads - factory.
I do not need bike of that type for riding I do nowadays, happy with my Tiger 800. But I tell you - if I'd have money...damn, I'd buy new STR in a jiffy.

I just took 3 photos

bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:39 AM   #467
Max L
Duct Tape

Oddometer: 88
bettering a classic

I now have a modern classic my 08 Street. those chrome bug eyes with polished twin tail pipes.Yet needless I say the new one calls me, Triumph is spot on in a tough game. the new Street will do as well,like the Bonnie has. Our local dealer has one purple Street left with the wolf eyes and brushed twin tail pipes. Can not wait to see in person the 2013, it looks sort of like a duc aprilia mix, another great bike from Triumph. Great machines...
Old 10-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #468
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 9,843
I did my first stoppie ever last night on the way home from work when some bitch pulled out in front of me.

needless to say I was not happy, slightly shaken and very impressed with the upgraded brakes the previous owner put on there....

anyways, Ive got the GPS on there for a weekend trip ill be taking starting tomorrow.... we will see how she does in touring mode or - the rides between gas stations.

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #469
vintagespeed
fNg

Oddometer: 1,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
I did my first stoppie ever last night on the way home from work when some bitch pulled out in front of me...
she's purdy, but she's a speedy.

TAT-2013: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913898
SoCal_NoDak-2012: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829203
vintagespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #470
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

last weekend did about 700 miles from Los Angeles through the Sequoia National Park and back. It's actually a decent sport touring bike.... if only the range were better....

a good weekend home...

Quote:
Old 11-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #471
Pipsqueak
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Thumb

Afternoon all,

Bought a new black street triple in January this year and have really enjoyed the reliability and performance that comes from a bike of this generation (my other bikes have been considerably older). I got the standard version as I am a pretty ordinary rider and frankly it has more than enough performance for me.

Bike is wonderfully light and handles brilliantly but is possibly a tiny bit small in stature. I am 5'11" and had to fit Rizoma risers (60mm) to get comfortable. Fitted them fine but I had to route the brake line outside the headset to avoid stretching it when turning to the left. I would say turning hard to the left but you all know that is not possible with triumphs miserly turning circle.

I put on the SW Motech crash bars and mirror extenders which are both brilliant, especially the mirror extenders as I can now actually see behind me rather than my elbows. Its amazing what you dont miss until you see what it is you have been missing. Full marks to Motoradgarage in Perth who supplied the kit to me in Sydney.

I also bought Grip Puppies which suit me as I have large hands and dislike even the low amount of vibration which is present, and an Ogio tail bag which allows me to pack a few A4 sized papers plus lunch. Just tank pads to go and farkling finished.

I will post some pics in the near future.

Safe riding...
Pipsqueak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #472
optimum_malarky
Premium nonsense

Oddometer: 373
How about some feedback on the latest version of the Street Triple?? I visited the dealer to discuss pricing and when the next group of bikes would arrive, but I would love to hear from those who have already purchased and/or ridden the bike. The R version is calling to me in the worst way!

Past:
2003 Suzuki SV1000 N,
2003 R1150 GS,2004 Triumph Speed Triple (wrecked), 2001 Triumph Sprint ST, 2003 Suzuki SV650, 1984 R80 ST , 1973 CB750
optimum_malarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #473
Trek68
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimum_malarky View Post
How about some feedback on the latest version of the Street Triple?? I visited the dealer to discuss pricing and when the next group of bikes would arrive, but I would love to hear from those who have already purchased and/or ridden the bike. The R version is calling to me in the worst way!
Picked up my new 2013 Street Triple R this weekend. Amazing bike. Still in the break-in phase but such a smooth ride. And that exhaust note...love it. Besides dropping the pipe down Triumph did a great job with the exhaust note. I was planning on swapping out the stock pipe with the one from Arrow. Now I'm not so sure.
Trek68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #474
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek68 View Post
Picked up my new 2013 Street Triple R this weekend. Amazing bike. Still in the break-in phase but such a smooth ride. And that exhaust note...love it. Besides dropping the pipe down Triumph did a great job with the exhaust note. I was planning on swapping out the stock pipe with the one from Arrow. Now I'm not so sure.
my arrows are just too godammed loud. Its not even acceptable in the city, let alone rural areas. Worse than that, it runs wayyyyy too rich...... thats the only gripe that I have with the bike.

once I get that sorted, it will be a nearly perfect ride
Quote:
Old 02-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #475
riceaterslc
Urinal Cake Engineer

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
my arrows are just too godammed loud.
on your 2013 or older model?

i have the arrow low boy (also had a Zard on there first) on my '09 and didn't find it much louder than stock, and the weight savings and distribution benefits were well worth increase in dbs.
riceaterslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:58 AM   #476
Cos
Re-Greekified

Oddometer: 10,412
Quote:
my arrows are just too godammed loud. Its not even acceptable in the city, let alone rural areas. Worse than that, it runs wayyyyy too rich...... thats the only gripe that I have with the bike.

once I get that sorted, it will be a nearly perfect ride
Do you have TuneEcu?
Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #477
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos View Post
Do you have TuneEcu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceaterslc View Post
on your 2013 or older model?

i have the arrow low boy (also had a Zard on there first) on my '09 and didn't find it much louder than stock, and the weight savings and distribution benefits were well worth increase in dbs.

I just realized that I Read the thread title too fast.... I have a speed, not a street and its an 04. Not sure what the prev. owner did to the pipes but they HOWL.
Quote:
Old 02-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #478
Cos
Re-Greekified

Oddometer: 10,412
Quote:

I just realized that I Read the thread title too fast.... I have a speed, not a street and its an 04. Not sure what the prev. owner did to the pipes but they HOWL.
I was gonna ask you about that

What kind of pipes are on your bike anyway?

Look up the TuneEcu site. Free, easy to use in terms of loading maps to your ECU and costs you nothing more than the cable to hook the bike up to your laptop.

I've used it on both my Tiger and Daytona when i went with the TOR exhausts. Highly recommended.
Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:13 AM   #479
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos View Post
I was gonna ask you about that

What kind of pipes are on your bike anyway?

Look up the TuneEcu site. Free, easy to use in terms of loading maps to your ECU and costs you nothing more than the cable to hook the bike up to your laptop.

I've used it on both my Tiger and Daytona when i went with the TOR exhausts. Highly recommended.
Good info! thanks for the tip....

the prev. owner added arrow cans but had Leo Vince carbon tips added custom.... so they are unique and cool looking but....

here is a pic that best illustrates the pipes.

ok sorry - ill quit jacking the thread
Quote:
Old 03-10-2013, 04:33 AM   #480
burgerking
echt bezopen

Oddometer: 620
He first rode a Striple through the forest and now with the new one a bit of desert riding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NItJ2...layer_embedded

burgerking is offline   Reply With Quote