User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
Road Program OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 500
Moving to P-cola

Okie dokie...got orders to Pensacola today. At least I'll be close to Jennings. Wife will be staying in ATL area so I might need to pick up a two-wheel conveyance that will do a little better at slab work than my RC51.

Anyway, just wanted to poke my head in here and say hi. I'm not much of a regional forum guy but thought I'd drop by for a hello as I'm excited about moving down there.
Road Program is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
ineptizoid
Dust. Wind. DUDE!

Oddometer: 4,930
Welcome aboard, RP! Pensacola's a great little town.

Throw some knobbies on that RC51 and come on out and do some dirt riding with us, Mission Impossible-style.

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #3
Road Program OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineptizoid
Welcome aboard, RP! Pensacola's a great little town.

Throw some knobbies on that RC51 and come on out and do some dirt riding with us, Mission Impossible-style.
How about I throw the RC bodywork on a dirtbike, Mission Impossible-style.

I've lived in P-cola before, but only for a year and I was a student then. This time I'll be an instructor and won't have to WASTE my evenings studying.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,495
You can't live in pensacola, and not have a DS bike. Too much dirt over there not to ride it
Originally Posted by ineptizoid View Post

If Lone Wadie rode a motorcycle, he'd be endeavoring to persevere on a KLR, no doubt
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:13 PM   #5
sperz1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 649
Welcome to Pcola!

Where are you transferring from? My wife is a chief over at the swim school. We've enjoyed the shore duty here so far. Close to Barbers and Jennings for track time fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You can't live in pensacola, and not have a DS bike. Too much dirt over there not to ride it
The reason I converted!
sperz1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:27 PM   #6
Road Program OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperz1
Welcome to Pcola!

Where are you transferring from? My wife is a chief over at the swim school. We've enjoyed the shore duty here so far. Close to Barbers and Jennings for track time fun!

The reason I converted!
I'm coming from Norfolk, but I'm on IA at the moment. I LOVE Jennings and can't wait to get back there. The Mrs. and I will be doing the geo-bach thing 4/7 days of the week while she's working up in ATL and staying with her family.

I plan on hitting up Barber, Tally, and of course Road Atlanta since that's my brother-in-law's home track and it's not even an overnight for him. It should really work out well since some weekends my wife will be working her 2nd job (flight medic) so I'll just go up there and spend a couple days at the track.

BTW...did you know NESBA has free memberships for military?
Old 08-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
Road Program OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Maybe in a couple years when I start the little one on a bike. For now, though, I'll stick to asphalt. I wouldn't even know where to go riding. And I think my wife would KILL me if I bought another bike before I got her a new car (seeing as I just got a new truck for myself).
Old 08-27-2010, 08:01 AM   #8
MItrnsplnt
PllnGs tillthey puke

Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Program
How about I throw the RC bodywork on a dirtbike, Mission Impossible-style.

I've lived in P-cola before, but only for a year and I was a student then. This time I'll be an instructor and won't have to WASTE my evenings studying.
You sound just like me..... Just moved back as an IP to Whiting, after being stationed in Detroit with the USCG flying 65's. I also have an RC51 and have done numerous trackdays up north and am looking forward to doing some down here also (we need to hook that up). As for the studying thing, I went back to the fixed wing side (T-6's) and am studying like a little bitch again, feeling like a student all over......fawk!!!! Are you going HT's or VT's? Probably HT's right? Let me know what kind of gouge you need for the area, places, etc....and yes you will need a DS or at least street legal your dirtbike, trust me it's well worthy it down here!!!! PM me if you need anything.

Ian
MItrnsplnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #9
Road Program OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt
You sound just like me..... Just moved back as an IP to Whiting, after being stationed in Detroit with the USCG flying 65's. I also have an RC51 and have done numerous trackdays up north and am looking forward to doing some down here also (we need to hook that up). As for the studying thing, I went back to the fixed wing side (T-6's) and am studying like a little bitch again, feeling like a student all over......fawk!!!! Are you going HT's or VT's? Probably HT's right? Let me know what kind of gouge you need for the area, places, etc....and yes you will need a DS or at least street legal your dirtbike, trust me it's well worthy it down here!!!! PM me if you need anything.

Ian
You need to study? Just get through the stan check and memorize the course rules. EP's in the T-6 aren't that hard...if I remember correctly most of them end with "Ejection handle - Pull (both)." Maybe we can work something out...both of the bikes in my truck to Jennings in trade for "proficiency" flights. ;)
Old 08-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #10
Road Program OP
Studly Adventurer

By the way, if anyone knows any good, trustworthy dog/house-sitters, I'd really appreciate some info.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #11
ineptizoid
Dust. Wind. DUDE!

Quote:
By the way, if anyone knows any good, trustworthy dog/house-sitters, I'd really appreciate some info.
Know one? I am one!

I've got a flexible work schedule, seeing as how I'm "semi-retired" (y'all keep yr jokes to yerselves), I love dogs, and I'm highly experienced at dog/house-sitting.

Now as for trustworthiness--do "ADV references" count as real references?

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
Old 08-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #12
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Quote:
Know one? I am one!

I've got a flexible work schedule, seeing as how I'm "semi-retired" (y'all keep yr jokes to yerselves), I love dogs, and I'm highly experienced at dog/house-sitting.

I was about to post that I knew of someone, but they were pretty Inept

If Lone Wadie rode a motorcycle, he'd be endeavoring to persevere on a KLR, no doubt
Old 08-28-2010, 07:31 PM   #13
Road Program OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Know one? I am one!

Well I'll be moving down in Nov/Dec so I'll definitely hit you up.

Thing is, we really have to interview dog sitters. The lab is well, a lab, and tends to wiggle in that way only a lab can (stole that from Jim Harrison) and she's no stress. We also have a mastiff mix who is picky about who he lets in the house. Yeah, I know, failure on our part to establish who's the boss...blah, blah, blah. Anyway, he either likes you or hates, and if he hates you it's not conducive to your health to be around. Hell, we've had potential dog walkers come to front door and turn heel as soon as they saw the mastiff. ()-ies.

Anyway, I'd be looking for someone to stay in the house with the dogs on weekends because wrangling 220 lbs. of dogs onto the back of a bike for a jaunt up to ATL just won't work.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #14
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Quote:
Well I'll be moving down in Nov/Dec so I'll definitely hit you up.

Thing is, we really have to interview dog sitters. The lab is well, a lab, and tends to wiggle in that way only a lab can (stole that from Jim Harrison) and she's no stress. We also have a mastiff mix who is picky about who he lets in the house. Yeah, I know, failure on our part to establish who's the boss...blah, blah, blah. Anyway, he either likes you or hates, and if he hates you it's not conducive to your health to be around. Hell, we've had potential dog walkers come to front door and turn heel as soon as they saw the mastiff. ()-ies.

Anyway, I'd be looking for someone to stay in the house with the dogs on weekends because wrangling 220 lbs. of dogs onto the back of a bike for a jaunt up to ATL just won't work.
The first question your gonna get asked from an ADV'r is 'what kinda beer do you keep in the fridge?"
I let Inept watch my dogs once and when I came home they nearly had him house broken

Old 08-28-2010, 07:47 PM   #15
ineptizoid
Dust. Wind. DUDE!

Quote:
I let Inept watch my dogs once and when I came home they nearly had him house broken
You think he's lying?

He ain't lying.