Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2004, 08:54 AM   #76
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Kuhn
another movie reference ,,
this time a incredible russian movie call Andrey Rublev that talks about the challenges and triump on the Human spirit made by one of the best film directors of all times Andrey Tarkovsky is dense is long but after you see it you will never be the same..
Holy movie references Batman! i found that movie for a dollar and watched it: truly amazing. Not for the modern movie type at all, but I am eclectic and will sit thru almost anything (I sat thru Gone with the Wind... it sucked bad ). Did you get to watch a DVD copy with the interviews and commendary? If not PM me your address and I will send you a present!

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 09:10 AM   #77
Ricardo Kuhn OP
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer: 12,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle
Holy movie references Batman! i found that movie for a dollar and watched it: truly amazing. Not for the modern movie type at all, but I am eclectic and will sit thru almost anything (I sat thru Gone with the Wind... it sucked bad ). Did you get to watch a DVD copy with the interviews and commendary? If not PM me your address and I will send you a present!

No Freaking way,,Finding that movie is almost impossible, much less for a dollar

never saw the interviews but will be great to see them...I only saw it at theaters 3 times many years ago

my adress is on my SITE thanks I be waiting at the Door

"Gone with the wind" is nothing man, I need to show you some films that give new meaning to the words "GoD Milk"
Old 12-05-2004, 10:37 AM   #78
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Kuhn
No Freaking way,,Finding that movie is almost impossible, much less for a dollar

never saw the interviews but will be great to see them...I only saw it at theaters 3 times many years ago

my adress is on my SITE thanks I be waiting at the Door

"Gone with the wind" is nothing man, I need to show you some films that give new meaning to the words "GoD Milk"
Got it in hand Ricky, "Criterion Collection" DVD of Andrei Tarkovsky's 1966 "Andrei Rublev"

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...01635?v=glance
"Immediately suppressed by the Soviets in 1966, Andrei Tarkovsky's epic masterpiece is a sweeping medieval tale of Russia's greatest icon painter. Too experimental, too frightening, too violent, and too politically complicated to be released officially, Andrei Rublev has existed only in shortened, censored versions until the Criterion Collection created this complete 205-minute director's cut special edition, now available for the first time on DVD. "

$35 bucks, BAH! your today for the amazingly low price of just being a bang up fella!

Old 12-05-2004, 11:07 AM   #79
Ricardo Kuhn OP
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle
Got it in hand Ricky, "Criterion Collection" DVD of Andrei Tarkovsky's 1966 "Andrei Rublev"

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...01635?v=glance
"Immediately suppressed by the Soviets in 1966, Andrei Tarkovsky's epic masterpiece is a sweeping medieval tale of Russia's greatest icon painter. Too experimental, too frightening, too violent, and too politically complicated to be released officially, Andrei Rublev has existed only in shortened, censored versions until the Criterion Collection created this complete 205-minute director's cut special edition, now available for the first time on DVD. "

$35 bucks, BAH! your today for the amazingly low price of just being a bang up fella!

be careful the "comy" police is out in patrol today we can get in a lot of trouble by taking about something as unAmerican as a Soviet film..

Thanks that is really freaking cool,,Criterium collection and everything...

if you find any more funky film like that please buy them for me and i give you some $ later.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:56 PM   #80
GSPeP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,180
Hi Auslander,

Is it easy to remove the topcase, or is it fixed to the bike?

I was thinking of using a Pelican case as topcase (to transport some photo equipment) mounted on the Touratech topcase plate, so it would be easy to remove. Does anyone have this setup?
- FB: www.facebook.com/peter.perdaen
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/1150GSPEP/videos
GSPeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:00 AM   #81
Caribou Aqua Buddha
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 22,983
A few years back I had a discussion with the Pelican people about the likelyhood of a box cracking at a drilled hole. They basically agreed with my assesment that it would not crack, although obviously they need to protect themselves in the event it did happen.
The plastic is very soft which is excellent for not cracking, that combined with the feature of those little pockets with thicker material around them, it's like they were meant to be drilled. I would rather drill and take my chance than have 40 lbs of framework surrounding the pannier.
As a further precaution you can do what I used to do,....use 1" fender washers, with 1" rubber washers underneath on the inside of box,....on the outside of box, custom cut a thick rubber washer to fit in that recessed area and then a plastic spacer. The whole surface is surrounded by rubber, very little weight hanging on the bolt holes this way. I usually used 1/4" or 6mm fasteners for these.
If you attach lid to rack, instead of main compartment, you have just created a hard to use pannier. In fact one really nice feature of a Pelican box is that the lid is shallow, so gear can stay relatively in place when the lid is opened. Even Original factory luggage has the useless feature of opening clamshell style in the middle. OEM luggage is also thinner and cracks easy compared to Pelican. So it is a worthy project to mount Pelican boxes, if one ever did crack as a result of a crash, the $70 Pelican is still cheaper than buying a replacement Aluminum pannier.
If Pelican made that 1420 in a larger size it would be superior to Aluminum luggage in almost every way.
Caribou Aqua Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:59 AM   #82
rockt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,153
If you mount the Pelicans the way you described, common sense says there's no way those babies are ever going to crack.
rockt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 09:41 AM   #83
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockt
If you mount the Pelicans the way you described, common sense says there's no way those babies are ever going to crack.
Especially if the mounts are designed to release with sufficient force. The intent of this is to save the rack and/or bike but just as easily could protect the Pelicans as well.

Old 12-10-2004, 09:31 AM   #84
sharpeunit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Question Question to aazemeerboy

I am sitting on the fence regarding installing larger bags on my 1150GS for two up touring. What size are those pelicans on your 1100GS and what could be the largest practical size if you wanted to go larger without affecting the pillion position?
sharpeunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 06:16 PM   #85
Ricardo Kuhn OP
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Ricardo Kuhn screwed with this post 12-11-2004 at 06:25 PM
Ricardo Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 06:34 PM   #86
BeemerChef
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,304
I used the Mt Sun mount... he sells it with the bags for $900! I just used the mounts and bought my own bags as they are $90 a piece...
I will have better pictures... I like them because the bags will fly off when the bike is dumped! They are "Kinetic bags"
www.bags2go.com

BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 06:39 PM   #87
BeemerChef
Wandering Homeless

This picture is a little better... but I will post the detailled mounts maybe tomorrow...

The rear bag is a Pelican... hope Champ is now enjoying it!!!

Old 12-11-2004, 06:42 PM   #88
BeemerChef
Wandering Homeless

That is the plate the bags mount on with clips and a bungee system which i have to admit is very clever...

Old 12-11-2004, 06:43 PM   #89
BeemerChef
Wandering Homeless

another one...

Old 12-11-2004, 06:47 PM   #90
BeemerChef
Wandering Homeless