Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2010, 07:28 AM   #151
Anorak
Woolf Barnato

Oddometer: 32,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveydavey
I`m thinking that this bike will handle a lot better than a v-max it is a Ducati, they ain't letting it out without good handling. I guess 'shit handling' is relative. I say that the bike will amaze many. 50$???
Its 162 hp and 463 lbs will have no chance against 190 hp and 683 lbs of the V-Max. everybody knows that curve hugging mass beats a superior power to weight ratio for nimble handling every time.

"they live off the carrion of our mutual distrust and bribe us with symbols that equate hatred with manhood."

"I mean at the end of the day, I was addicted to Starting Fluid for Christ's sake!"

"Yeah, that guy sure is terrible at touching moms"
Anorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:28 AM   #152
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic
I do worry about the way this rider tries to get his weight inboard, possibly to balance that big tyre. But in the earlier shots, doesn't seem to find it so necessary.

You worry too much.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:52 AM   #153
fixinbones
Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Shapiro
I like it. A lot. I need an upright position without the feet forward nonsense and I don't want a 700 monster. It's light and powerful. If it handles at all, it's a winner.

David
Looks like a long reach to the bars which is more monster like than cruiser like.
'13 Ducati Diavel AMG #163
'09 KTM 65XC (son's ride)

Gone: '10 Ducati Multistrada 1200S, '11 BMW R1200GS, '10 BMW S1000RR, '08 BMW HP2 Megamoto, '07 KTM 950SMR, '05 BMW R1200GS, '94 BMW R1100R
fixinbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:54 AM   #154
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixinbones
Looks like a long reach to the bars which is more monster like than cruiser like.

How long till we see one with some ape hangers?
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:59 AM   #155
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anorak
Its 162 hp and 463 lbs will have no chance against 190 hp and 683 lbs of the V-Max. everybody knows that curve hugging mass beats a superior power to weight ratio for nimble handling every time.
ok.......but still, I'd like to ride this bike..I could probably handle the dissapointment.....

Old 11-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #156
GuinnesS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 778
Quote:
It's for getting a kick out of riding, when you're time poor and want to enjoy even the more boring bits.

It's for getting a kick out of riding, when you enjoy the turns but no longer need to be the quickest through them, nor even particularly quick.

It's for getting a kick out of riding, while staying mainly near posted speed limits.

It's for getting a kick out of riding, even if you didn't start till age 43 and know you'll never get the most out of a hypersports model.

It's for being able to offer friends and new acquaintances casual pillion rides and have them get off afterwards and say: "Wow, that was something!"
You could be describing a V-Strom or a good number of many other bikes.

Quote:
It's for casually blowing off Harleys, V-Maxes and just about any other bike from the traffic lights, even if you can't ride all that well.

etc etc ...
I can certainly see a market for that
Old 11-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #157
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 7,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden
Shit handling is relative, but Ducati can't beat physics, and the steering geometry and wheelbase is certainly not making for a twisties bike, but more like a V-Max. Power, with turning more of a casual affair.

Jim

You are absolutely correct its relative.

Sure it is a little long and shallow if you are comparing it to a SUPER sport, For a Hypersport tourer or Muscle bike in line with the 'Busa and ZX-14 and MUCH better then the latter.

.....and it'll run circles around a V-Max, something about a 150+ lb wieght advantage.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #158
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1
You are absolutely correct its relative.

Sure it is a little long and shallow if you are comparing it to a SUPER sport, For a Hypersport tourer or Muscle bike in line with the 'Busa and ZX-14 and MUCH better then the latter.

.....and it'll run circles around a V-Max, something about a 150+ lb wieght advantage.
I promise it wont handle nearly as well as an R1200GS, or even my old R1200ST. It will, however beat most cruisers, I'll give you that, and my reference to the V-max was in style and type more than actual one to one handling. Relative.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #159
waveydavey
happy times!!

Quote:
I promise it wont handle nearly as well as an R1200GS, or even my old R1200ST. It will, however beat most cruisers, I'll give you that, and my reference to the V-max was in style and type more than actual one to one handling. Relative.

Jim
So....which cruisers do you think will outhandle this new Ducati then?? Do you really think that Ducati is going to sell a new motorcycle that does not handle very well?? When was the last time they did that??
Think carefully, the world is watching.

(no malice intendid JVB, I am very intrigued by this bike)
Old 11-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #160
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveydavey
So....which cruisers do you think will outhandle this new Ducati then?? Do you really think that Ducati is going to sell a new motorcycle that does not handle very well?? When was the last time they did that??
Think carefully, the world is watching.

(no malice intendid JVB, I am very intrigued by this bike)
No no no, I do not mean to insinuate that ANY real cruiser will out handle this bike. I mean that it will handle "like", in similar fashion, power cruisers like the V-Max and V-Rod. It will NOT handle as well and a standard naked bike, or adventure bike, or sport bike, but it will likely be fast, ALA the V-Max.

I am not making myself very understood today, sorry!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:04 PM   #161
yellowbirdrs
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 967
Try to fix her but I guess she is hopeless
solo mode w/o mirrors and still fugly like a lose sand on a twisty road
yellowbirdrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #162
waveydavey
happy times!!

Quote:
No no no, I do not mean to insinuate that ANY real cruiser will out handle this bike. I mean that it will handle "like", in similar fashion, power cruisers like the V-Max and V-Rod. It will NOT handle as well and a standard naked bike, or adventure bike, or sport bike, but it will likely be fast, ALA the V-Max.

I am not making myself very understood today, sorry!

Jim

ok, got it........... its cool!

(I'd sure like to ride one for a while. )
Old 11-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #163
xianx
High On Life

Oddometer: 132
It will definately handle like a turd compared to anything with a rear wheel smaller than 240mm.

I swapped the stock 190 rear tire my fz1 came with for a 180 this summer and was shocked by the cornering performance differance.

But im still working on the wife about test riding one
Old 11-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #164
BCC
I know better

Oddometer: 7,925
My toy bike is a Hyper S. I love it, but I'm an old fart sportbike guy. My similarly aged, non sportbike buddies hate it. Ride's too choppy, wheelies too easily, seat's too narrow, you sit too forward and the bike's too twitchy. Bah, I say.

The Diavel looks like it fixes the things they don't like about the Hyper, while still hauling ass.

Yeah, but my bike looks better.

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:44 AM   #165
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,538
Quote:
It may, or may not be, fast, but it is going to handle for shit with that really long wheel base. Power cruiser is what it looks like to me, and an ugly one at that!
Cruisers are feet forward bikes. This is a standard. (and will likely set a new one)

Quote:
I promise it wont handle nearly as well as an R1200GS